Sign in to follow this  
beukem

8007000e Error in Vista

Maybe I can add some (I hope) useful information to the error 8007000e.

WinXP SP2 here.

Once (physical) Video Card Memory (512MB here) drops to zero, above error occurs for me as well.

Still on an AGP sytem, so I also raised AGP aperture to 512MB.

-arma.rpt- entry:

---

w:\c\Poseidon\lib\d3d9\engdd9.cpp(4775) : Unable to create vertex buffer - Reset needed

w:\c\Poseidon\lib\d3d9\engdd9.cpp(4775) : Unable to create vertex buffer - Reset needed

Error: Failed to create surface texture

ErrorMessage: Cannot create system memory surface: 8007000e

---

For an start, download this little program and then take your time to tweak (actually: lower)

your settings until this error does not occur anymore. (Still, it needs fixing)

Video Memory Watcher

http://www.nonatainment.de/web/Default.aspx?tabid=62

Nutshell: You need to make sure, that physical Video Card Memory usage does not drop below ~50MB avaiable

during all playsituations.

Once 'Minimum Card Memory' drops to .00, your system will crash.

Ok, thats known already.

-

Intentionally, I raised everything to max; vr could be set to 3800m until 'terrain detail'

was automatically lowered to high. I reset to Very high@3800m and start flying to see how

long it takes to crash. 8-11 FPS @ 2048x1536

Not using the -maxmem parameter for test.

-

620MB RAM + 630MB VM at maximum settings, flying and 8-11 FPS

688 698 after 5 Minutes

crash 8007000e vith 0MB VidMem after 2 Minutes more flying.

-

At this time, ArmA used up 512 physical VidMem + 512 Aperture SysMem easily.

Yesterday, flightsession over 4 hours against ~100 tanks + Shilkas (just fooling around)

and not a single crash. (low, fast, sharp turns, reload, the lot)

-

2048x1536 @ vr3000m (I just wanted to know..)

Other settings tweaked (lower) for still looking good and ~19 FPS minimum

Minimum Card Memory usage never dropped below 40MB and thus..no crash.

Think on what Troop posted I thought, well my 8800GTX has 768MB so I will try mazmem=768.  But I still saw the error...  Then I thought on the leave 50Mb or so free so I used maxmem=712 and all seem to work fine for me...

I note that this is not actually limiting system memory usage because runnning Arma (the Blod, Sweat and Tears mission) I had max memory usae of 940MB so it must be doing somthing else.  And it must be doing something because I can now play for hours without that error appearing...

Bob,

please dont get my post wrong.

The error (intentionally invoked by myself through absolutely

maximizing ArmA settings) does not seem to be related that

much on the PC System RAM, but on the avaiable physical

*Video Card Memory* VRAM.

If that one is overloaded (read: zero avaiable) ArmA is no longer

able to render further stuff (see above arma.rpt logfile entry)

and (on an AGP system like mine) *also* overloads

AGP aperture (think like 'swapfile' for VideoMem data)

until the crash, which happens within minutes of play.

It happens noticably faster when flying, due to the faster

movement and faster streaming of needed texturedata.

--

So, if Arma is set up to always stay below *maximum*

physical Video Card memory usage, it does not crash with *this*

error. Of course, take this with an graint of salt, because it is

true for my machine and the testing I did.

If I keep (proper; lowered) settings, to always hover around

~50 MB free VRAM, I can easily choose highest resolution,

~3000m vr while flying. The Video Memory watcher prog,

I posted above immensely helps with finding out the correct

settings at desired resolution. I tested with max res for max

possible texture size but 'normal' texture detail. Everything else

lower than that. (No, it does not look bad while flying; quite the contrary)

-

This said, ArmA has absolutely no problem filling up the 768 MB

of VRAM of an 8800Gxx and with such an card, I would be VERY

much tempted to crank everything up to the absolute highest level.

Fact is; I couldnt. Once filled up, 8007000e

-

Read above again; On an APG system with aperture size set to

512MB and 512MB VRAM on card (7800GS+) ArmA managed to

fill up all that 1 GB (well..) within 7 minutes of flight at maximal

settings;..then crashed.

Proper settings, 4 hours excessive flightaction..no crash.

-

But there will be a not too distant future, where PC are avaiable

to run ArmA with max settings fluid. Thats when the patch fixing this overload must be present as well.. j/k smile_o.gif

If this is the case then I'm not too impressed with the coding. I mean if games like Crysis are able to run on 8800s - which looks light years ahead - then ArmA really ought to be able to as well. The textures are nothing to shout home about.

"Windows Vista includes an array of "features" that you don't want. These features will make your computer less reliable and less secure. They'll make your computer less stable and run slower. They will cause technical support problems. They may even require you to upgrade some of your peripheral hardware and existing software. And these features won't do anything useful. In fact, they're working against you. They're digital rights management (DRM) features built into Vista at the behest of the entertainment industry - And you don't get to refuse them."

I don't think it's fair nor reasonable to push your feelings regarding Vista + DRM to others who may find value and use from many of the improvements. Having said that...... every time Microsoft comes out with a new major release for an operating system, it takes hardware manufacturers several months for good/reliable drivers to be released. Back in the day, everyone said XP would never be as fast as 2000 with all the added GUI items. Fact is, the driver developers find out how to best utilize newer technologies.

For now, the drivers across the board for Vista suck major a$$. Give it a couple months and most hardware will be stable. Give it 6 mos. to a year and they will be performing equally as well as XP.

Same problem here

cannot create system memory surface: 8007000e

but it took me like .. 30 - 60 minutes playing to get this error and bang .. crash to windows.

thanks and hope someone can have a fix  whistle.gif

Vista 32

1900xtx 7.2cat

Same problem here

cannot create system memory surface: 8007000e

but it took me like .. 30 - 60 minutes playing to get this error and bang .. crash to windows.

thanks and hope someone can have a fix  whistle.gif

Vista 32

1900xtx  7.2cat

not surprised, just wonder, why do u install Vista?

do u know normal motherboards not realy suitble for Vista?

AMD/ATI just relised new motherboard with 690 chipset, specialy for Vista,plas its unfineshed product, u know how microsoft make windows, fast relise, then relising tons of patches to fix buggs, plas vista requed 1GB RAM only for normal running of system, then u need something for vertual memory and for applications wich u planning to run. and i can c in evolution tree of windows form 3.11 to Vista, windows geting greedy for resursess, as more u stick RAM in ur slots, its taking more.

Quote[/b] ]not surprised, just wonder, why do u install Vista?

do u know normal motherboards not realy suitble for Vista?

AMD/ATI just relised new motherboard with 690 chipset, specialy for Vista,plas its unfineshed product, u know how microsoft make windows, fast relise, then  relising tons of patches to fix buggs, plas vista requed 1GB RAM only for normal running of system, then u need something for vertual memory and for applications wich u planning to run. and i can c in evolution tree of windows form 3.11 to Vista, windows geting greedy for resursess, as more u stick RAM in ur slots, its taking more.

Okay, but what we're *actually* talking about here is Armed Assault crashing when more than a certain amount of memory is available or specified.

Other games seem to work under Windows Vista without issue. So Armed Assault is doing something differently. And those of us that play Armed Assault and [[[ would rather use  Vista, a no-years-old version of Windows than a four-year-old-with-a-bump-pack version and are actually quite happy to have 512MB extra RAM set aside for a better OS with better features and security and performance yes-don't-laugh-performance-it's-actually-faster-for-day-to-day-stuff-with-more-memory-because-of-stuff-like-superfetc

h ]]] would eventually like to see this issue fixed.

Your opinion notwithstanding, Vista was designed to run on existing hardware, not just the future stuff.

-maxmem seems to be a most-of-the-time workaround, so once BiS figure out what the problem is, I'm sure they'll be able to fix it. And then, it makes no difference whether you're running Vista or Windows 2000 (or Windows 2001 in the case of XP), you can just get on with *playing it*.

I think it is only fair that we consumers get a hotfix for major issues like ctds. I probably would take BI a very short time to find the problem and fix it.

I think it is only fair that we consumers get a hotfix for major issues like ctds. I probably would take BI a very short time to find the problem and fix it.

I agree that consumers should get their hotfix for major problems like this. But we all have to keep in mind, that Armed Assault is based on more than 3 lines of code, it's not just a single "if then else" statement...! This means that the problem can take some time to identify, but this fix ought to be on the very top of their "to be fixed list", especially since other people have experienced it in XP as well, which BI claims that Arma support.

I am also pretty tired of the major bugs in the game and would just really like to play it. I bought the system I have mainly to play this game in full settings, so I know how frustrating it can be, but I guess we have to be patient...

yep I get the same error. I have Vista 32bit running on an E6600 with an 8800GTS vid card. I also notice that after a few minutes, the quality of the texture starts to degrade to the point where a vehicle looks like a square with triangular wheels! goodnight.gif

One thing I would suggest is get the latest Creative drivers for Vista.  I installed them (finals not beta!wink_o.gif) for my Audigy 2, and now when coupled with the maxmem setting, ArmA is actually playable and the texture problems are minimised  wow_o.gif

The fps is still pretty bad but it's playable.

The newest creative drivers didn't work for me... sad_o.gif

The newest creative drivers didn't work for me... sad_o.gif

Have you deinstalled the old drivers before installing the new? Also i run a Regcleaner to be sure everything is gone before installing the new drivers. I am using the X-Fi extreme gamer and the driver is working.

greets

i forgot to mention ... since i get the 8007000e Error in Vista error ...

if i turn off my computer with AA dvd inside .. and then i turn it on .. it detects a windows repair  so i have to take it off and then i can run windows again.   icon_rolleyes.gif

But anyway ... AA is awsome !!  waaa hoooooooooooo  yay.gif

Vista 32

1900 xtx

help.gif

I too have this problem as I reported earlier in this thread.

I have windows XP sp2 though.

Anyway, I have reinstalled my arma cause I did have problems starting arma (copy protecting telling me I dont have correct CD).

With my reinstall that problem went away.

I now notice after some hours off playing this error message has become very much less frequent.

I think since the reinstall (saturday night) I have played for 6 hours.

I only crashed once and that was when I was "alt tabbing" out of the game the whole time to work on a script and test it.

I than later ran arma windowed.........no crashes. (for the scripting stuff)

I ran arma full screen played games for a few hours and no crashes.

Its no fix I know, but if you havent tried reinstalling your arma from scratch (also remove the folder after uninstalling the game........yes including any addons you added, just go for a complete new install) I really suggest you try it.

It made my life again very much more happy while starting arma and playing it smile_o.gif

The newest creative drivers didn't work for me...  sad_o.gif

Have you deinstalled the old drivers before installing the new? Also i run a Regcleaner to be sure everything is gone before installing the new drivers. I am using the X-Fi extreme gamer and the driver is working.

greets

Yes, I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the new ones. What I meant was, that my sound works perfect (it also worked perfect with the old drivers), also in Arma, it just didn't minimize the e800... problem, as Jimlad said it did by him.

Yesterday i close the catalyst center .. the little red program  running in the Right side Below of monitor ... and after closing it .. i didnt crash ... duno if it was that .. but  ill test it again today later in the night.

Ill post results later or tomorrow morning again  yay.gif

AA.   IS GRRRRRRRREAT !  nener.gif

Vista 32

1900xtx

The newest creative drivers didn't work for me...  sad_o.gif

greets

Yes, I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the new ones. What I meant was, that my sound works perfect (it also worked perfect with the old drivers), also in Arma, it just didn't minimize the e800... problem, as Jimlad said it did by him.

Well I can't be sure that was what fixed it, but it was the only thing I changed... I had already tried the maxmem thing with no avail.. Whilst not perfect, Arma is very playable now and I get minimal graphics corruption. Rather weird thumbs-up.gif

Ok amigos .. i have a new fix .. i think this one really works .. at least for ATI users ...

use drivers  of 7.2 (uninstall catalyst of 7.2 )

use catalyst 7.1 ( install catalyst of 7.1 )

i think this will solve  problems .

yay.gif

keep me informed  if it worked

Vista 32

1900xtx

To answer the guy who started the topic, I don't wish to be rude but the back of the ARMA box says OS:XP, not mac OSx or VISTA or Linnux.

So if you use the wrong OS feel good it even works! Gratz BIH etc.

8800 drivers have nothing in vista to do with ARMA, the 8800 drivers have a load of bugs and are being patched by Nvidia as fast as possible ARMA is not the only title that has issues.

There is only 1 game that is supposed to run on Vista, thats halo 2 and that's out soon. Although I think Supreme Commnder claims total Vista support now.

Any sensible PC user if they really want Vista (any version) right now has a dual boot with XP as a safegaurd. Cripes my Xifi card won't even work properly in Vista, let alone my 8800 wink_o.gif

If you were there for 95/98 to NT2000/ME, then the NT2000/ME to XP migrations this is nothing new at all!

DirtyLarrygb.- with all respect .. i think that kind of post you are doin doesnt Help at all .. so please .. if you are gona post Make something it can help others .. we dont really care about what you personaly think about the problems of others so please post something that helps not somthing that only is for atack and / or disrespect others. thanks

your post is out of line here

AA is awsome yay.gif

DirtyLarrygb.- with all respect .. i think that kind of post you are doin doesnt Help at all .. so please .. if you are gona post Make something it can help others .. we dont really care about what you personaly think about the problems of others so please post something that helps  not somthing that only  is for atack and / or disrespect others. thanks

your post is out of line here

AA is awsome  yay.gif

Dirty is simply right!

A company does not have to pay for a Customer who runs the product on an unsupported version of Windows.

People that run the game on a version of Windows that IS supported, should be handled first, because the box tells THEM that THEIR windows is supported.

Of coarse I agree that an answer with solutions is always better than a complaining one, sure. But just as you share your opinion on the boards, and others do aswell, Dirty can do too!

Ditylarry is perfectly right.

As I've pointed out numerously before, the issues you experience are caused by Driver and operating system modules that are partitially incompatible with DirectX9.0 32bit based applications.

A sticky should be made that Vista systems are not supported, and all threads except one concerning Vista troubleshooting should be locked. I'm tired of them.