Sign in to follow this  
beukem

8007000e Error in Vista

^

Did anyone reading that (8007000E) thread actually try the solution (for now;..until patched) I posted therein?

Can anyone confirm?

-

Download 'Video Memory Watcher' and with your

*current settings* with which you *get* the crash,

Alt-Tab to desktop (or wait until crashed..) and check with Video Memory Watcher,

if your Physical Video card memory has dropped to zero during your session.

In this pic, you can see, my new 8800GTS (640MB; 97.92 driver) has

still ~119MB physical VidMem *free* and that is with the settings, I will show below...

This value will *not* drop further very far, thus preventing the crash. WinXP SP2 here.

-

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/8063/vidmemusage001uu8.jpg

-

These are the settings, which will keep those VidMem usage at about ~100-130MB free *at all times* (no crashing)

Still want more FPS? Further lower your settings. smile_o.gif

-

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8947/armavid002ix5.jpg

-

Honestly;..does this look bad? (Disregard the *damn* fog! )

-Fedain Campaign-by Joiner-

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5176/armavid001md0.jpg

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/4769/armavid003xq9.jpg

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/6250/armavid004rs9.jpg

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/8797/armavid005qn9.jpg

-

If your answer is 'no' ..right on. If your answer is 'yes' ..no one will be able to help you about it. smile_o.gif

(except drivers removing this damn fog)

1. The error can be invoked intentionally, choosing too high settings for your current hardware.

2. The error can be *prevented* (for now;..until patched)

choosing correct, lowered settings for your current hardware.

Of course, this is only my experience from testing/tweaking settings.

You got to try..and the little prog Video Memory Watcher will help you immensely!

3. It *is* an bug, which should not happen;..no matter how hard one tries to push his machine.

Hi all

Duplicate post of an existing thread causes, fixes and solutions already discussed there.

I will ask the moddies to merge this.

I am sure someone will remind us all to use the search function before posting.

Kind Regards walker

I dont want a workaround, i want a solution. This yells for an hotfix, but our beloved devs have to work for the great american ppl instead of helping us europeans.. we already paid them cash.

Maybe they should buy some new hardware from that money and work on fully functionally ArmA again.

Quote[/b] ]Cannot create system memory surface DXT1, 2048x2048 (size 2796224b) Error Code 8007000e

Its still present even with the beta patch.

Well well...maybe the next patch will kill that bug....or the one after the next one and so on...

Until then bye bye ArmA confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Cannot create system memory surface DXT1, 2048x2048 (size 2796224b) Error Code 8007000e

Its still present even with the beta patch.

Well well...maybe the next patch will kill that bug....or the one after the next one and so on...

Until then bye bye ArmA confused_o.gif

Everything maxed was crashing my machine I have notice I can go all max but either testure normal, then pp can be very high or texture very high PP off and no crashes.

Texture and PP both being very high with aa and everything else will cause a crash at 1600x1024. As for a bug, i still suspect these could be that current hardware just can't handle the data, don't forget a core 2 duo ONLy 1 core is used by arma. it seems even the best CPu have a fit.

I have overclocked my PC and now the crash if go full max everything seems to happen less. So although code may be at fault I'm starting to suspect its hardware as well.

I get the error 8007000e too, sometimes no error appears,

Using XP Pro and a XPS m1710 notebook (7950GTX)

Quite annoying

Think I managed to fix it by setting paging memory upto 3gb and setting maxmem=1024 plus putting my graphics settings to normal. rather then too high,. I have postprocessing to low as well.

The problem, which I have been getting too, seems to be directly linked to texture quality at my end, and I erroneously created a new thread, having missed this one. It's possible to get the texture quality to high, and still have the game run stably, but only if one sacrifices other graphics parameters.

- EDIT:

Just for bugwatching's sake, my specs:

Running ArmA versions 1.5 and beta 1.5.5143, and I'm getting the problem on both builds.

Vista Ultimate

Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.5GHz

2GB Corsair DDRII RAM @ 667MHz

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe

ASUS EN8800GTX @ 630/975MHz

Creative Audigy 2ZS

WD Raptor X 150GB

WD Raptor 36GB (OS Disk)

YEah i even got this error with the US Demo so no fixes there confused_o.gif

Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.5GHz

What voltage do you use? I'm only going 3.15GHz now...

Quote[/b] ]YEah i even got this error with the US Demo so no fixes there confused_o.gif

Just great....so the new patch wont fix this problem either i guess.

Thats quite disappointing. I thought this bug would be high on the "to fix" list.

Quote[/b] ]YEah i even got this error with the US Demo so no fixes there  confused_o.gif

Thats quite disappointing. I thought this bug would be high on the "to fix" list.

yeah, very bad news sad_o.gif

what exactly have they changed in 1.05?!? I never had those problems with 1.02! It cant be so hard to fix this problem when it worked prior!

Ok, so after 112 replies we have learned:

1. Dont buy Vista?

2. A maxmemwhatyoucallit command line workaround?huh.gif  crazy_o.gif

3. Us version bugged aswell??

Hmm, that doesnt quite cut it..

Well, Nvidia released a new driver yesterday, 158.18. Any problems with that driver? Havent tried it yet myself yet.

But is there a working solution to Vista users, or do we just have to admit defeat against a company that keeps telling us to look at OS requirement on the gamecover?

Well, i was quite happy with OFP, but waited with great!! anticipation of the new release. Then they brought in Gamespy  icon_rolleyes.gif. Now connection to servers became a problem too. A problem that where in OFP nonexistant.

Ok, gonna blow of the dust from the Armed Assault and try with newest drivers. Wish me luck, if it goes bad, itll end up in the basement again  sad_o.gif

Here we go..    pistols.gif

Lol  crazy_o.gif  CTD Maximus!!  Tried with adminrights, different graphic settings, maxmem cmd line, xp compatibility you name it..

Moving on to CTD posts........  banghead.gif

goodnight.gif

Ok, so after 112 replies we have learned:

1. Dont buy Vista?

2. A maxmemwhatyoucallit command line workaround?huh.gif  crazy_o.gif

3. Us version bugged aswell??

Hmm, that doesnt quite cut it..

Well, Nvidia released a new driver yesterday, 158.18. Any problems with that driver? Havent tried it yet myself yet.

But is there a working solution to Vista users, or do we just have to admit defeat against a company that keeps telling us to look at OS requirement on the gamecover?

Well, i was quite happy with OFP, but waited with great!! anticipation of the new release. Then they brought in Gamespy  icon_rolleyes.gif. Now connection to servers became a problem too. A problem that where in OFP nonexistant.

Ok, gonna blow of the dust from the Armed Assault and try with newest drivers. Wish me luck, if it goes bad, itll end up in the basement again  sad_o.gif

Here we go..    pistols.gif

Lol  crazy_o.gif  CTD Maximus!!  Tried with adminrights, different graphic settings, maxmem cmd line, xp compatibility you name it..

Moving on to CTD posts........  banghead.gif

goodnight.gif

If you are getting this error a lot, you need to back off on your video settings some. I only get this error when running settings that are high and it always comes in conjunction with the LOD bug.

With the new NVIDIA drivers and the current full-production version, I can run at all normal video settings and be completely stable. If I go to all high, I get the LOD bug slightly and then start getting the memory surface error with CTD.

The error is some sort of memory handling issue with the 8800 series cards. Basically, if you are getting it, back off your video settings until it stops.

I know these cards SHOULD be able to handle it, but due to drivers being fairly new and the game being fairly new, neither has been optimized well yet.

I have found the the new NVIDIA drivers and the US Demo used in tandem allow me to run at max video settings and I have yet to have stability problems.

Also, the maxmem parameter only makes things worse for me.

Quote[/b] ]The error is some sort of memory handling issue with the 8800 series cards

I think we proved more then once that this is NOT an 8800 nor a Vista only problem. Its ArmA itself so BI gotta do something! mad_o.gif

Someone in this Thread said that he dont want a workaround, he want a solution and i can second that...

Add me to the list of people with this problem :P

The new nvidia drivers fixed the lod errors on my machine, then this started after awhile of playing...

It might of always been there, just i never played long enough with the lod problems to notice lol confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The error is some sort of memory handling issue with the 8800 series cards

I think we proved more then once that this is NOT an 8800 nor a Vista only problem. Its ArmA itself so BI gotta do something!  mad_o.gif

Someone in this Thread said that he dont want a workaround, he want a solution and i can second that...

Yeah, but it's much worse with 8800 series cards and especially with Vista, Einstein.

Add me to the list of people with this problem :P

The new nvidia drivers fixed the lod errors on my machine, then this started after awhile of playing...

It might of always been there, just i never played long enough with the lod problems to notice lol confused_o.gif

Yes, it definitely gets worse the longer you play. If you back off your video settings, you can eventually get to a point where it stops doing it altogether.

Well i was happily playing away there with the beta patch and i started getting the lod bug again sad_o.gif was like oh no's.

So i stopped playing and went back to 1.05 and was playing through most of the training missions without a problem, until i started the pilot one sad_o.gif

http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?....pf5.jpg

It looks like bloody buster from Mythbusters is gonna take me for a nice ride in his blackhawk sad_o.gif

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

(oh and feel free to take the piss about me doing the training missions :P)

Well i was happily playing away there with the beta patch and i started getting the lod bug again sad_o.gif was like oh no's.

So i stopped playing and went back to 1.05 and was playing through most of the training missions without a problem, until i started the pilot one sad_o.gif

http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?....pf5.jpg

It looks like bloody buster from Mythbusters is gonna take me for a nice ride in his blackhawk sad_o.gif

banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

(oh and feel free to take the piss about me doing the training missions :P)

Well i just upgraded my machine to a E6600, 7950GT, 2gigs, Vista, 158.18 driver and now im experiencing the LOD bug. Where my machine i had (mentioned in my signature) didnt have the problem at all banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]YEah i even got this error with the US Demo so no fixes there  confused_o.gif

As far as I know, it will be 1.07 that gets released to bring everyone back on the same version, as they did with the 505 Release (1.04). I have not read this as official info, but its my guess. So the 1.07 might be including such fixes?

YEah i even got this error with the US Demo so no fixes there confused_o.gif

So, can anyone else confirm the error with the US demo like Matt wrote?

(Simply crank your advanced settings to 'very high' everything and play

some minutes to intentionally provoke error;..happens faster, if flying)

Apparently, it is engine version 1.06something, and the Bugtracker

lists this error *fixed* as of 1.06.

http://bugs.armed-assault.net/view.php?id=1583

If it is not, then the issue must be reopened immediately.

I guess, its to late for US retail release to be fixed for good (1.06)

so BIS got to look at it again for 1.07 international patch.

I'm not getting the issue, but someone needs to hit the bugtrackers on the head and get that reopened - as it sounds like it isn't fixed, even with the new drivers.

Get complaining, y'all.

Not wishing to stray off topic, but I have applied new Nvid drivers and have noticed better performance on Arma 1.05, although still getting lod issues after prolonged play.

However, on version 1.04 I get far better performance, and no lod issues at all?

Problem is, knowone plays v 1.04 online so I'm going to have to persevere. This seems to indicate some problems peeps are having may be down to the Arma update.

Pentium D 2.8mhz

2g DDR2

Nvidia 7900GT KO

Vista Prem