Sign in to follow this  
beukem

8007000e Error in Vista

mine seems to work with the maxmem=256 set but i cant fly choppers with out stutter:-(

I Also Indeed Fixed it with this but at as loss from 60-70fps to 10-20fps now.. wink_o.gif which is very annoying and shite but at least it works is the main thing. smile_o.gif

Will this be resolved in the near future by the devs? Do they even realize the Vista compatibility issues?

Is this thread quiet because ppl dont have the issue anymore or because they're tired of complaining about it? Am I the only one who've tried all the -maxmen -nosplash -world=empty & pagefile fix and still have this problem? Argh.. I play alot of games, like AmericasArmy and FSX, but this only happens in ArmA sad_o.gif ..which is the game I like the most.

Well I'm not posting much not because I somehow got around the issue... but because posting here will most likely do absolutely nothing.

Well it's still happening to me, however I'm using xp and a 7600GT.

Hey Everyone!

I think I just found a (temporary?) solution to the problem(s) for Vista64 users.

Still need confirmation on whether this works for everybody - here's the story:

There were some similarities to glitches/performance problems encountered in "STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl".

The following procedure is pretty much the same as in STALKER and hence will probably only work properly with 64-bit operating systems (sorry).

Try this:

0) First of all, create a backup of your original "arma.exe"

1) Download "Explorer Suite" found here.

2) Run "CFF Explorer.exe" and open your Arma.exe with it.

3) Open up "NT Headers/File Header" in the left column. Check the right column now. You will find a "Click here" button. Click it. (..)

4) Check "App can handle >2gb addresstest"

5) Save the whole thing.

6) Run Arma.exe with your preferred parameters* (I'm using ' "...\Armed Assault\arma.exe" -nosplash h -maxmem=256 -mod=@ModWarSound', for instance)

*Note that -maxmem=xxx is still used and apparently required here. I DO hope a real patch will be released to address this issue. ("Sniperdoc" is 100% right. It's intolerable and rather embarrassing for BIS. But frankly, I also blame myself for ever having bought Vista.. I fell for DX10.)

By doing all this, I was finally able to play the game in "Very high" Detail with 8xFSAA enabled and "default Textures", not encountering any CTDs or even LOD/texture load problems for the time I played.

I can give you the detailed system specs if needed.

This will still require some confirmation by others especially for longer periods of playing time, as I just can't do that myself at the moment (Uni's a bitch).

Good luck, guys - hope it works!

(posted this before in some other thread, sorry for "spam")

I finally managed to (properly) test it now and was was able to play for hours and hours at maxed details, singleplayer as well as multiplayer, without any crashes, texture bugs or stuttering.

-maxmem=256 (512 will still crash the game for me) and >2gb addresstest seem to work. We applied the same solution to a friend's ArmA version (1.08) with the same stable results.

This seems to work for me also. yay.gif

Haven't tested 512mb yet, but my graphicscard only has 256mb or is that number referring to your system memory? I have 4096mb system memory, so I don't think I'm short on that whistle.gif

O K I get an error message from the protection system.

Quote[/b] ]The application's module ArmA.exe was modified. It may be damaged or infected by a virus. Scan your computer for viruses and reinstall the application.

Of course I have a backup, but how the hell did you guys get around this?

EDIT #2 - Ah, I see, 64 bit OS only. Dang, I knew I shoulda gone for 64. <smacks head> Ignore me.

Hi guys..

Just thought I ought to add my experience to this thread.

My system is a Core2Duo E6700, 8800GTS, 2Gb memory, so easily up to the task. Bought ArmA the day it came out but gave up playing due to absolutely apalling framerate.

Reinstalled a few days ago with the 1.08 patch. All frame rate issues fixed, game works flawlessly and looks beautiful...

..except I am ALSO getting this crash to desktop error, exactly the same error as everyone else is reporting.

Furthermore, we can quit whinging about Vista becuase I am using Windows XP..

Well some 'news' about the issue. In fact, meanwhile many other

games face heavy slowdowns (particulary with the 8800GTS/320MB

but depending on maxed settings, other 8800s with more memory are

affected as well, as we know)

I think, the problem with the slowdowns in other games are

related to the ArmA behaviour of crashing instead.

While now we've got some workarounds like changed ArmA

main program, lowered settings, maxmem parameter and finally

VRAM flush, it seem Nvidia finally admits to some fault in their

drivers, which affects not only ArmA but other games regardless

of other hardware/software setup present.

Good news is, they announce some driver fix still in July;..lets

see how this turns out.

-

http://www.techreport.com/onearticle.x/12877

-

http://www.beyond3d.com/content/news/349

Me? I think, once again Arma just pointed out underlying issues way ahead of time.. whistle.gifnener.gif

I think the problem is related to the Videocard (Drivers)..

I have 8800GTX too and got same problem as you have.... But not or less when I turn the shading and texture details lower.

I have not heard other Vista users about the error before, but did hear the error to come up under certain conditions on XP too. Bis? smile_o.gif

Well I hope the upcoming patch Arma will correct this issue.

How are your experiences with Arma in Vista?

Arma runs a lot faster under Vista then under XP.

I'd love to know in what world arma runs faster in vista in.. would that be Bizzaro world where everything is backwards?

thats a crock if I ever saw one.. man look at the 3d mark scores they tell the tale.. there is no vista system in the top scorers at all.. not even close.. xp stomps it like a joke..

vista immediately takes half a gig of your ram and uses it constantly on the worst set of background programs I have ever seen..

don't mislead people just because you have an OS you "want" to be the best.. It's not.. it's still garbage.. and yes I have used it.. i removed it and reformatted because of it too.. it does not compete.. idc what ya say..

Please think "before" you make someone waste hundereds of dollars on an OS that is about as stable as a one legged horse.

Unless you intend to give them their money back when they get pissed as soon as they see how many problems it has..

the error was related more to the 8800 card and arma combined.. the os wasn't causing that issue.. thumbs-up.gif