Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Ask a moderator about the forum and the rules

I must say that I totally agree with Chipper, he's far too awesome for that title. Especially with an avatar like that.

Please change my title back to OF Fan by the way, there was no true justification to change it.

I must say that I totally agree with Chipper, he's far too awesome for that title. Especially with an avatar like that.

Please change my title back to OF Fan by the way, there was no true justification to change it.

Done.

Can everyone please note: changes to or requests for custom titles are better handled in a PM to a moderator than in this thread.

It's been at least two months since I last axed some idiot on these forums. Can I please have my boxes removed?

SIGNATURES

We are requestiung that strobing/flashing images be taken out of sigs as of now. They annoy us and many of the other members here. Consider it an extension of the fact that sounds are not allowed in sigs.

Also, a sig is not a place to protest moderator decisions, poke fun at or antagonise other members, or to place offensive/racist slogans or images.

The number of reports we get about sigs is getting out of hand. In future, instead of asking that people change their sigs to comply with forum rules and common sense, we will simply be deleting them.

It's been at least two months since I last axed some idiot on these forums. Can I please have my boxes removed?

I'll look into it now, but, again, this is something that should be requested via a pm, not in this thread. wink_o.gif

Can the text in sticky topics be made bigger?

Negative, mate, over, OUT!!!!

Dude you asked me that in MSN earlier today. Stop spamming to get your post count up confused_o.gif.

Millions of v1.07beta Threads

" " GF8800 Threads

" " Memory Map Error Threads

" " VoIp

" " Driver XXX.XX

It's starting to get out of hand to my opinion, I either have to start bookmarking threads or pay even better attention, if I remember I read sth in the v1.07 beta thread, I have to search 6 threads to figure out it was in thread 6 about 1.07 and not thread 1...

Are there any policy changes (that tell that same threads should not be searched for anymore and everyone should just open "Another v1.07beta thread" and "Another 8800 thread") or is there a lack of Moderation going on etc?

We dont normally reduced WLs to below 3 for ex-banned (cows), but in your case I'll make an exception.

Reduced with one box down to WL2. wink_o.gif

cant belive my thread was locked sad_o.gif this place really is a shithole eh? why do you all continue to waste your life on this forum? confused_o.gif

I apoligize for flashy lol much very!! . I now have regular! yay.gifofplover.gif

Speakin of which, you guys should make this ofplover.gif one of the emoticons. (If possible)

cant belive my thread was locked sad_o.gif this place really is a shithole eh?  why do you all continue to waste your life on this forum?  confused_o.gif

Because, some of us want to become programmers, and scripters! mad_o.gif

could you open the Arma modelling section? Some have created topics which should be in this section. Moreover most of us use other programs.

oxygen will be only necessary for the selections.

btw: the name of the section should be:

Arma: modelling not arma: 02 modelling.

Just thought the description for the ArmA General forum could be changed now.

Quote[/b] ]ArmA - GENERAL

General discussion about our PC game ARMED ASSAULT.

Arma is out in Europe and Australia (Currently estimating a May 1st release in the US)

I say this with all sincerity:

The whining and the bitching on these forums by a few key members is getting really old. It's really killing the atmosphere here. Now by all means, I'm not saying stifle free speech (which you could if you want...this is a private forum)...but is there any solution to this? Perhaps something like opening up a private forum category that can't be seen by guests called "ArmA Complaints" or something?

Crybaby threads like "Clean optics NOW!", or "ArmA Disappointing" are good for nothing except as a sounding board for people who are trolling...let's be honest, it's not really constructive - it's just trolling.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, there are times where people's opinions should be kept to themselves.

I know my solution isn't a perfect one, but I'm just throwing an idea out there...if you guys can come up with a better solution, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers.

Abs

Fully agreed, but i'm afraid the problem is this:

If we are allowed to kinda say what we want/like/think

then they should too...

I think that's kinda the issue smile_o.gif

To my opinion it should simply be moderated to 2 Threads:

- Things loved in ArmA

- Things hated in ArmA

Plain, simple, 2 threads, where ppl can spill their Happyness or Grief.

Serious feature requests or bug reports are supposed to be done on the BTS anyway.. and people that aren't interested in reading trolls or which BF2 feeling their missing in ArmA, can simply neglect the Hated thread smile_o.gif

- Things loved in ArmA

- Things hated in ArmA

I think that's a great solution. Now that you've mentioned it, I remember seeing that on other forums, and it works quite well. smile_o.gif

So, what're the odds of getting it done on here?

Abs

its more about what are the odds of people using the threads... some people here just love to think that their specific moan or rant requires its own special thread.

its more about what are the odds of people using the threads... some people here just love to think that their specific moan or rant requires its own special thread.
So when it gets moderated properly its no big deal, right?

If there is a too low amount of Moderators active for this then what's holding back to recruit a few more interestees smile_o.gif

Yep, good idea.

And to throttle it down more, maybe have the Forum Rules that any regulars found ADDING to any separate whine threads outside of the "Things loved.." or the "Things hated ..." also get themselves banded for 48hrs or similar.

Only exception is a simple post that says "Wrong place ... you must post here"

EDIT: No, on second though ... leave it to the Mods to tell them.

So when it gets moderated properly its no big deal, right?

If there is a too low amount of Moderators active for this then what's holding back to recruit a few more interestees smile_o.gif

oh of course, all I'm saying is that people are still ignorant and people will feel that they deserve all the attention in the world - christ, we've been harbouring the biggest attention seeker on this forum for years.

moderating it is fine, but doesn't that return us to the cries of moderator nazi facists? If every thread gets locked, thats set to increase - perhaps a merge rule and a friendly IM to point them to where their thread has gone etc would work for that

oh of course, all I'm saying is that people are still ignorant and people will feel that they deserve all the attention in the world - christ, we've been harbouring the biggest attention seeker on this forum for years.

moderating it is fine, but doesn't that return us to the cries of moderator nazi facists? If every thread gets locked, thats set to increase - perhaps a merge rule and a friendly IM to point them to where their thread has gone etc would work for that

Jep, thats a danger indeed... Though when there's sufficient explaination posted by the moderator who closes the thread (or simply a link to a wiki-item or thread that would explain the why and how) or the forum software is finally upgraded properly so that thread merges are 100% successful instead of 60% of the time...

I think it should not be such a big problem then...

- Things loved in ArmA

- Things hated in ArmA

Serious feature requests or bug reports are supposed to be done on the BTS anyway.. and people that aren't interested in reading trolls or which BF2 feeling their missing in ArmA, can simply neglect the Hated thread smile_o.gif

The idea actually is good, however like Messiah already said the problem are the ignorant, or should I say - blind - people which think their issue needs it's own topic instead of using an existing one. We seen that happen a lot in the past.

I see no problem in moderating these topics, if ever it's only a little bit more work then now (and there's always the RTM button). wink_o.gif

These two topics should be sticky ones then and there's the other problem as we have already six stickies in ArmA-General. They could created though and made sticky later once one or two stickies are not needed anymore.

Quote[/b] ]moderating it is fine, but doesn't that return us to the cries of moderator nazi facists? If every thread gets locked, thats set to increase - perhaps a merge rule and a friendly IM to point them to where their thread has gone etc would work for that

Once a thread is merged we always leave a link in the source thread pointing to the new location (if the mod merging it doesn't screw the things that is). tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yep, good idea.

And to throttle it down more, maybe have the Forum Rules that any regulars found ADDING to any separate whine threads outside of the "Things loved.." or the "Things hated ..." also get themselves banded for 48hrs or similar.

Not a good idea I think, we already have a lot of rules and giving a PR just for posting in the wrong topic or starting a new one is a bit too much, atleast when it happens the first time.

Besides that, those who give a <censored> about the rules won't respect them just because there's another additional rule.

Overall it's an Idea worth considering though.