Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Ask a moderator about the forum and the rules

wow, A Lot more forum area devoted to Editing. I like it!

I see editing section moved, aye?

Visitor? and O2 sections? I'm ignorant, but aren't these the modding tools?

Does the forum change represent a looming release of those tools?

yay.gif

-Ziggy- @ April 29 2007,23:24)]I see editing section moved, aye?

Visitor?  and O2 sections?  I'm ignorant, but aren't these the modding tools?

Does the forum change represent a looming release of those tools?

There are still no releasedate for the tools as far as I know. I just created them while I was cleaning out some categories.

I'm sorry if I got your hopes up that the release is imminent. I really have no idea.

Since my last post here fell on def ears I quote myself again ...

William Porter's Blog ... is there any reason that this thread is still stickied?  huh.gif

OK, to be fair to all moderators I re phrase it: Is there any KNOWN reason why this thread is still stickied?  tounge2.gif

OK, to be fair to all moderators I re phrase it: Is there any KNOWN reason why this thread is still stickied?  tounge2.gif

Yes, new updates.

Why is the

"ArmA Modding" &

"OFP" Modding

...not in their respective categorys? I mean, If I wanted to go into the scripting area of Armed Assault, my first intuition is to go:

BI FORUMS >> Armed Assault >> ArmA Modding

It used to be a lot smoother switching from General, to off-topic, to scripting and resources. Not having to go from General, back to BI FORUMS >> ArmA Modding >> Scripting Resources. Now I understand that new categories were created. That is why I suggest simply putting the Modding folders inside their respective categorys.

Why is the

"ArmA Modding" &

"OFP" Modding

...not in their respective categorys? I mean, If I wanted to go into the scripting area of Armed Assault, my first intuition is to go:

It used to be a lot smoother switching from General, to off-topic, to scripting and resources. Not having to go from General, back to BI FORUMS >> ArmA Modding >> Scripting Resources. Now I understand that new categories were created. That is why I suggest simply putting the Modding folders inside their respective categorys.

I agree. ArmA modding should be under the ArmA section and OFP modding should go to the OFP section. That's where I would have expected to find them.

I already suggested before to put those sections into the apropriate forums, but the answer was that the forum is like too unstable for something like this.

The OFP modding sections have never been in the Operation Flashpoint section, so I can't see why everybody is confused by it all of a sudden now that there are two modding sections confused_o.gif

While looking at the sections I noticed this in the "*TROUBLESHOOTING FAQ" subtitle:

(troubleshoting question and answers)

Done

Why is the

"ArmA Modding" &

"OFP" Modding

As the ArmA subforums are for fans and their discussions ("for playing"), whilst the modding subforums are for technical questions (for "producing content"), the modding community.

/edit: There should be a button "Forum Jump" at the end of this page, you can jump to a subforum of your choice.

It still seems to lack a little sense.

According to some, but not others, which makes sense.

Please close this account.

Reason: I dont know who this guy wolle is, but before i start to flame him in public and make myself look like more of a wally than wolle actually appears to be . i think i better close it smile_o.gif.

never seen such a biased Clique ridden forum in all my life .

my advice , Have a clean out and start again.

starting with me smile_o.gif.

Bye all.

now i know why it took me 5 years to join this bloody waste of time place . its beyond all help.

i shall capture your all ethos in one simple quote.

"DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO"

If you have a complaint about abusive, harassing, flamebaiting, or other misbehavior not in harmony with the accepted community rules from any member of the community, you should click on the "report to moderator" button on that post. Falling on your sword in the virtual world wins you no points.

If you have a complaint about abusive, harassing, flamebaiting, or other misbehavior not in harmony with the accepted community rules from any member of the community, you should click on the "report to moderator" button on that post. Falling on your sword in the virtual world wins you no points.

In case of complaints about a moderator he should PM Shadow wink_o.gif

Please close this account.

Done.

I was wondering, is it possible that BI adds official server in the future for hosting addons here on BI Forums.So there would be "Addons Completed" discussion thread but downloads would be in "Downloads" section or similar.Would be great to have all in one place -Discussion+Downloads-

I was wondering, is it possible that BI adds official server in the future for hosting addons here on BI Forums.So there would be "Addons Completed" discussion thread but downloads would be in "Downloads" section or similar.Would be great to have all in one place -Discussion+Downloads-

I'm not BI, so this is not an official statement; but I doubt that you'll see BI hosting all released ArmA addons. confused_o.gif

Although if they had some sort of "featured mod" section, maybe like a mod of the week, or mod of the month, or something, they could archive those on a server. just a suggestion wink_o.gif

Although if they had some sort of "featured mod" section, maybe like a mod of the week, or mod of the month, or something, they could archive those on a server. just a suggestion wink_o.gif

That's slightly OT here, as this is for asking the mods who don't have any influence on what BI is doing... wink_o.gif

When does my warning box go away :l?

When does my warning box go away :l?

What are you moaning about?

wink_o.gif

Do they even go away? I didn't think so. confused_o.gif

Other than that, I have a question.

What is the difference (in duties) between:

CWR Team

Team

&

Moderators

?