Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

I'd like to see some VIP units, like a President, a Senator, maybe some politician or some high-rank officier from any Nation and Army. Fictional people, of course.

Would be nice to add them as primary target for my snipers whistle.gif

How about you buy Queens Gambit... crazy_o.gif

There are exactly those characters in the infantry section.

whistle.gif

Officers have allways been there. But the other ones you wanted are all in there. Ive used them for exactly the same mission, and

they look good with crosshairs on em. smile_o.gif

i would kiss som serious ass for a SAM unit..... i know RSKL has ne in the works but thats still a ways off i am sure. I would settle for a crappy OFP import with the sidewinder launcher configed in it......

i tried it but i couldnt get it to work , i am not that good with configs

Ways off? You do not have any idea how many progress we made with our SAMs. How are yours progressing?

Looks like you havent tried enough "im sure" to make the OFP sidewinder to work.  smile_o.gif

well sorry to flame bait but you post no news of your stuff yet you tout it all the time. The website has not been updated scince Christmas. Also, if anybody asks you for news you freak out and complain about how we all need to be patient and stay off your backs.

If i had any sort of skills in this besides the basics i would join your mod because you guys have some great models. Unfortunatley not many add ons but some great models.

I dont want to start a huge fight here. My ported add on works ok except my stupid turret wont turn. It no where near the quality of the better add on makers out here like Mecha, vilas, topas and others.

I can reply to this one better then the guys of RKSL, because Im at the same level.

Im a noob at editing.

Yet I want allot of addons, and basicly all of the addons RKSL is making.

However, I do not complain about the lack of news. Because I know how much f'ing work it is to make these addons.

Also I wont make comments like "I want" this or that. Neither do I demand anything from these guys!

They are making their addons in their free time because they want to make addons for themselves first of all.

They all have jobs and a reallife. (however sometimes I doubt that.) wink_o.gif

But you should be lucky that any of those guys releases anything to the public and mongs like you because I know many of them who are sick and tired of people like you.

Demanding news, updates, and whatever the flying fuck.

If you are a bit competent you will click on the RKSL sign and go to their website and read the fuck up on things.

Have you got any idea what kind of utterly uber addons they are making.

Obviously you dont otherwise you would just shut the fuck up.

You are clearly just a complete idiot going for it, soon to be booted I hope.

Just lets say it like this, they have got some completly sick addons coming. 30+ of them.

30+ addons which all have something unique which we havent seen yet for arma. 30 addons I also cannot wait for.

Because all we see now are retextures, ofp ports, and complete rip offs from other people's work for this game and others.

Urrghh Im with this "group" of people that have been here since the start of OFP, and back then there werent as many C**** arround as today.

And there are soooo many people out there that are just complete tw**s. Untill you can produce anything up to the standards that these lads are making you should really shut the fuck up! I do that, while I try to learn how to make addons, you then soon find out its hard as F***.

This is probally the first post ive made while I was utterly fucking angry while surfing on these forums.

And Ive been very nice and with the rules on this forum!

But you sir are an utter mong, and should be banned at the spot.

blah blah blah......

Your reply is my point exactly

you missed the point of what i wrote.

All i said was the guy was balling me out for what he was doing. He expected me to be able to see what was on his computer screen. All i said was I want a SAM unit and i wasn't good enough to make one on my own.

If he is not going to give news out then he should not be jumping on my post how i dont know what he is up to

and thats that

this post is for add on requests and i am requesting a SAM unit.

good day to you all   biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

-Hunter-

WL+1 and pr'd for 48 hours for your really unnecessary post. Lets try to get along and keep the swearing to a bare minimum plz.

Now that models have been released to be freely corrupted by anyone, how about someone take apart that Stryker and produce us an MGS?

And a Marian Quandt that has normal hands!

On that note, has anyone thought about doing a Falklands mod? Seems like ArmA would be just about perfect for simulating the "ground war" phase of the operation. I suppose I'm specifically asking if anyone had plans of reproducing a close to scale model of the Malvinas? It seems like it would be sized and featureless enough to be perfect for ArmA.

I totally agree. The Falklands War is almost perfect for ArmA

(apart from the problem with digging positions). Barren

terrain, open moorland, no heavy armour, few helicopters, a

bit of aerial dogfighting, balls-of-steel bomb runs against

ships, some sneaky-beaky "commando" activities and

traditional low-tech/no-tech, muddy, bloody, bayonet and

grenade infantry fighting! I'd love to do something

inspired by it (I'm already working on British troops and

equipment that would be compatible with only slight

adjustment) but it'd be unfeasible to do it all on my own.  sad_o.gif

I would like to see this beauty in ArmA. Just to be different. As it has probably never been done in a game before.

Conqueror Tank

Agreed (but only after a Chieftain) wink_o.gif

Also agreed. I'd like to seen all the British post-war tanks in ArmA.

I was working on a Challenger I, mostly for somet to do but I was helpful to learn what was new with O2PE (so I had a better clue of what the guys making addons in the team were doing) but I feel I'm unlikely to ever finish it. Really, I wanted to do a Chieftain but I never found any line drawings or renderings that I was satisfied with.

In that case I would love to see Comet and Charioteer (Finland had 41 Comets and 38 Charioteers).

In that case I would love to see Comet and Charioteer (Finland had 41 Comets and 38 Charioteers).

Cool. Comet = Centurion's dad.

Charioteer = bastard son of Cromwell & Centurion.

We really need something that can take on the T-72s

and sundry other bits of ugly Russian tat, though. It's

looking increasingly as if I'll have to make it myself if I

want a Chieftain. It'll require a research project, though,

as I'm not a tankie and the resources currently available to

me consist only of the Airfix and Tamiya plastic model kits

(both of which represent early or pre-production vehicles

and are thus full of inaccuracies) and a couple of illustrated

books. I can understand the problems "da12thmonkey" had

with finding decent drawings. Anyone up for a "collaborative

Chieftain tank addon project"? I could make the wheel nuts,

maybe, or heckle and throw buns from the sidelines. wink_o.gif

Thats a great idea. I would love to see a chieftain and eventually a challenger. Then hopefully a warrior and a scorpion

please can somebody make a retexture of the cobra chopper in a RACS desert version and one in RACS woodland ? (just like the RLK desert and woodland vehicles addon

i am dying to finaly see a better gunship on the racs side

(maybe an option is to extract the AH-1G and AH-1J from the VTE mod and repaint those as they are a bit older then the AH-1Z)

This has probably been posted already but we need tank interiors like in OFP! That was one of the greatest features from OFP that ArmA doesnt have! It made the game so much more immersive. Hopefully we see that feature restored in future tank addons (would be nice to see a redone M1A1 or M1A2)

FFAA mod pack has an M60 (I think) with interiors, the texture needs reworking although.

please can somebody make a retexture of the cobra chopper in a RACS desert version and one in RACS woodland ? (just like the RLK desert and woodland vehicles addon  

i am dying to finaly see a better gunship on the racs side

(maybe an option is to extract the AH-1G and AH-1J from the VTE mod and repaint those as they are a bit older then the AH-1Z)

Vilas air pack has one

FFAA mod pack has an M60 (I think) with interiors, the texture needs reworking although.

Yeah, that is the M60 imported from OFP i believe. This trend needs to be continued, the armor interiors was a wonderful part of OFP which seperated it from other tank games.

If any tank-addon-makers are reading this, we NEED tank interiors tounge2.gif

Personally, I don't care for the interiors. After all, it's quite a lot of work to do a good looking tank interior, especially since good photos are very hard to get. I wouldn't want a project's release being delayed just because of that. Or to look at it in another way, I'd like that effort to be spent on exterior details and non-visual aspects (sounds, simulation).

a while back i sw sombody with an A-7 sorsair II. Anyone know what happened to it?

What I would really like to see in Arma :

-More SF characters like Shaw, to form an SF A-team in a terrain like Afghanistan

-Taliban-like Insurgents

-Afghan National Army units(could be just the SLA forces with a script only to use Arab faces)

-Afghanistan type map, Southern Sahrani looks nice too, and has some parts that resemble the green zones in A-stan.

Personally, I don't care for the interiors...

Personally, I'd settle for even basic, generic vehicle interiors

instead of the weird, unfinished system ArmA uses now

(where one feels as if one is driving around in an armoured

mailbox while peering out of the slot). Anyway, researching

the interiors is surely part of the fun, and realising them a

challenging part of the modelling.

mailbox while peering out of the slot).

rofl.gif

So true.

How about 1st RMTR (Royal Mail Tank Regiment)?

mailbox while peering out of the slot).

rofl.gif

So true.

How about 1st RMTR (Royal Mail Tank Regiment)?

LOL!

On a more serious note I would compare it as driving a giant set of binoculars (with weapons).