Sign in to follow this  
JamieOFPFiles

European Armed Assault To Feature Exclusive Conten

505 Games and Bohemia Interactive are today delighted to reveal that the PAL(1) release of the eagerly awaited combat simulation ArmA: Armed Assault will feature exclusive weapons, vehicles and mission content when released for PC on February 16th, 2007.

“We are really pleased to be able to enhance the ArmA experience with this excellent exclusive content for the game’s February launchâ€, said Marek Spanel, Project Lead at BIS. “Offering such exciting new features before the game has even launched is Bohemia’s way of showing our appreciation of the dedicated ArmA fan community and to reward gamers’ patience as the game readies for release.â€

More details can be found here.

They sure know how to get into our mind and pockets. But it was never a secret I'd also buy the english version too. Great news.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

btw, placebo has told us several times that the new content will be included by patches on german and chezc edition, somebody from bis can confirm this point?

I would think that a patch will be needed to get the current versions up to the 505 version, and I would hope that the "exclusive" content would be available to the thousands of beta testers they have right now as payment tounge2.gif

And what's with the people who bought the german or chzech version? Will this be included in an Patch/Addon then?

Quote[/b] ]

Lucky European gamers will experience a wealth of exciting exclusive features when ArmA: Armed Assault blasts into stores, including:

· Two new aircraft: take to the skies in the fearsome Su-34 Fighter and Su-34 Bomber

· Two new motorbikes: powerful “hogs of war†for both sides of the battle with the TT650 and the M1030 military motorcycles

· Four new weapons: the Russian rifle AKS74PSO; another Russian favourite the KSVK; the giant US-designed M107 and US rifle variant the M16A4

Makes me happy that my patience will be rewarded but the word "exclusive" makes it sound like these are not to be made available to the early versions, wich i doubt is the case.

Im going to be annoying now and post how much a BTR70/80, Mi 28 "Havok" or Mi 24 "hind" would add to Arma imo whistle.gif .

Google search for TT650 got me lots of info about a TV antenna lol.. anyway it sounds great, cant wait smile_o.gif .

Can anybody dogfight with the 1.02 patch? Because to me, its pretty impossible. Hope they fix that, or new planes are as good as eyecandy.

I'm sure it's just written that way for marketing reasons. I would assume it's exclusive to the 505 box just because it isn't in the Czech or German version. I can't imagine HAVING to buy the game 2x just to get content that should/could have been in the original release.

It dosnt matter what 505 games say, BI wouldnt give extra stuff to other fans and not give it to others it just wouldnt work. But we will have alot of people that are getting the europe version will say they are only getting it but thats just because they want to feel special. Anyany either way EVERYBODY will get the extras

PAL release .... hmm mean that ArmA is unsleashed to XBOX360 ? smile_o.gif) whistle.gif

What's an AKS74PSO?

Good to see more stuff, although more common things like Bradleys, Hinds, etc. would also be appreciated. tounge2.gif

Can anybody dogfight with the 1.02 patch?  Because to me, its pretty impossible.  Hope they fix that, or new planes are as good as eyecandy.

Well currently with jets dogfighting is pointless with it's physics, I've tried a F-15 I've modded a lot from OFP and got it into ArmA. The config is better then the harrier but the physics make it feel so wrong it's a joke and makes me sad at the same time, OFP plane physics atleast were far more useable then ArmA currently is and this has nothing to do with being realistic either. If I had a choice I'd love to have physics from either Lock On, Falcon 4 or FSX etc into ArmA, it would be a lot more fun and useable.

Google search for TT650 got me lots of info about a TV antenna lol.. anyway it sounds great, cant wait smile_o.gif .

Guzzi TT650

What's an AKS74PSO?

Good to see more stuff, although more common things like Bradleys, Hinds, etc. would also be appreciated. tounge2.gif

AKS74 with PSO optics.

aren't the current releases PAL already or am I mixing something up? It's just the dvd-drives that have regions anyway right?

I would be extremely disappointed if that content stays exclusive to the 505 release and will not be added to the other versions by patch. Looks like their buyers get more content for a similar price (just guessing about the price)

I would feel kinda left out then.

Anyway, I'm waiting on something official...

Guzzi TT650

Thanks, i thought about the yamaha TT 600... its not much diferent from the us bike and i dont see much use for them. A civie bike would have been good enough but thats not my call. Never liked Guzzi's though.

Quote[/b] ]

Anyway, I'm waiting on something official...

It was posted by Maruk, cant be more official than that i think.

edit: typo.

It was posted by Maruk, cant be more official than that i think.

I mean a statement on this forum or on their website if it will really stay exclusive to the 505 release or if it will be added to the other releases by patch as well....

it would need to be added in a patch to the other versions or compatiblilty multiplayer would be screwed.

it would need to be added in a patch to the other versions or compatiblilty multiplayer would be screwed.

But it's not exclusive content then wink_o.gif

Just my opinion, what I think BIS should do is spend more time on things like game engine fixes and optimizations. Maybe spend more effort on the buggy multiplayer aspect of the game. They should release the modding tools to the community NOW because we all know that modmakers make the addons we end up using. The community has proven with OFP that it will spend alot more time and effort into making addon content. Why not just let the developers fix all the engine bugs and let the community modmakers do what they do best?

Granted the Sukhois are cans of whoopass. I love the su34, but right now we dont really need aircraft. If BIS did introduce a new aircraft, the mig29 would fit with the harrier better, even though that is still 10 to 1 over killl. I hate to say this, but I can't imagine the SUs are going to be anything spectacular. They have had 6 years and 2 games to prove it and unfortunately the airplanes still fly like bricks sad_o.gif What ArmA needs now are more vehicles, BMP variants and BTRTs, T80s and 90s. M2A2s would go great with all the city fighting and infantry support needed.