Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Only for parts requiring them, such as the receivers to show detail in the engraved markings etc. The rest of the guns probably wont require them.

too bad,

cause I have a good source.

wink_o.gif

aovn9.th.jpg

ao1ky3.th.jpg

Normal mapping a weapon for ArmA is a waste of time. it would take too long. not look "that" good, and it one more texture the GPU has to render.

BTW nice job hijacking Jackals topic. wink_o.gif

Anyway, I've made some slight progress with the ACOG optic, with some tweaking of the config and the 'eye' memory point, I've made itso I have a 3D Optic view:

Have you knocked the lenses out of the tube or something? rofl.gif

Anyway, I've made some slight progress with the ACOG optic, with some tweaking of the config and the 'eye' memory point, I've made itso I have a 3D Optic view:

Have you knocked the lenses out of the tube or something?   rofl.gif

AHAHAHAHAHahahahaha...ahah...ha....ha....... icon_rolleyes.gif

If you can make it so the optic itself magnifies without the rest of the view magnifying (i.e. the peripheral vision area), be my guest.

I agree with Sniper Skull after reading his post. I probably wont bother with normal maps, maybe (if possible) doing them for just the receiver (assuming it doesn't make it look too out of place)

Jackal, I know this is OT and I apologize for that but I WANT TO SEE THE REST OF THE GIRL IN YOUR AVATAR!!! mad_o.gif

Who is she? tounge2.gif

You could of PM'd him...

His avatar is the lovely Milla Jovovich and his signature is Nell McAndrew I think.

It seems I'll have to doesn't it.

So, its been nearly a month since your last update here. How are things going??

Just a quick post to apologise for the lack of news, and to post a few quick images of the re-done C7A2s (with more screens to follow in the next week or so):

An overall shot of the updated C7A2:

SJB_ArmA_C7A2_early1_tn.jpg

CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE

A closer shot of the markings:

SJB_ArmA_C7A2_markings_tn.jpg

CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE

A rear view shot of the sling-loop, and "advanced" charging handle used on the C7A2:

SJB_ArmA_C7A2_slingcharge_tn.jpg

CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE

Looking good i would say. That puts the 'D' in detail i guess.

whistle.gif Psst, you miscoded the pictures. High res vs low res of last set. I heard the warning level icons are comming from an unlimited box..save yourself before it is too late rofl.gif .

That gun has me drooling!!! notworthy.gif

Sorry for the fan-boi post. I just can't wait to play with it. smile_o.gif

Abs

Sorry for the fan-boi post. I just can't wait to play with it. smile_o.gif

Abs

You dont need to wait to play with them, they are already in CSS/CS so just dl them and install them. smile_o.gif

If it is a C7A2, why does the texture say C7A1?

Still a nice job wink_o.gif

Nice job there SBJ!

-Post answered and removed to keep On Topic.-

@blackt12: There will be a P90 in the pack (I'll be getting around to updating the old model sometime within the next 15 years).

@Dasquade: Cheers for the heads up, fixed.

@Rattus: Its my understanding that the C7A2 is based off the C7A1, and some versions of it, were "after-market" alterations if you will. If that is incorrect, I can easily change the markings, as I used a lotof photoshop layers that can be quickly changed over.

@Oyman: As everyone knows by now, the majority of my models are based on CS/CS:S models. However, as I keep saying, none of them are just straight 'ports. Every single one (especially the M4A1s and other AR-15 receiver based weapons - M16A2/A4s, C7A1/A2s etc), have a huge amount of work put into them to optimise the models (clean up model, remap some mis-mapped textures etc.), not to mention the remodelling of certain low-poly areas that don't fit the rest of the model.

@Corkey: All of my modelling has been done in Oxygen (I have no prior experience in 3DSMax or similar), so my knowledge on normal-maps is shall we say, very limited. I really wouldn't know where to begin, and for that matter, I'm 100% sure I'll even use them. As for discussion on its advantages/disadvantages, I'd ask that you stick to another thread please.

nice work jackal smile_o.gif

while experimenting with your UMP I was wondering if you updated it for your ArmA weapon pack?

Compared to the M4/M16 models, the UMP is abit "bad" modelled and also the textures are bad. Hope you will update that, I would if I could confused_o.gif

Greetings Evers thumbs-up.gif

Jackal, couple of things to note:

1. Very bloody impressive, its a stunning bit of texture work and eye for detail I must say!

2. Because i'm a bit of a nerd, i noticed that the Diemaco emblem is ever so slightly squashed in the horizontal on your textures (or maybe its the angle of the pic) - it needs stretching that little bit in the horizontal plane:

Example

thats a huge nit pick though, and I wouldnt blame you for uttering a few choice words in my direction tounge2.gif

3. I've got a few good tutes on normal maps that you may find rather useful:

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=483

granted its for Doom 3, but the principle is exactly the same. Any questions, just shoot me an IM (pardon the pun)

@Messiah:

1) Thanks.

2) Its your fault, I took the logo from the texture you sent me for the old model of the Diemacos for OFP tounge2.gif It'll be fixed ASAP.

3) I'll keep that link in mind. Thanks.

shush biggrin_o.gif

lol... must have not noticed it on mine - ripped that off a photo of a UK C8 from one of our advisors... never thought to check for paralax errors

c7 c8 and c7a2 markings are placed diffrent, it depends on the contry its from.. whistle.gif

yeah, i was talking about its size rather than its placement, frandsen