Sign in to follow this  
metalchris

BWMod Discussion Thread

Hi,

Many may know us from OFP times. We are back for ArmA.

You may discuss our progress here.

Info:

BWMod Official Website

Our BIS Wiki Site

For all who don't know us :

The 'Bundeswehr Mod (BWMod) is dedicated to creating accurate addons of the german armed forces (Bundeswehr) for use within Operation Flashpoint: Resistance and Armed Assault.

Since the mods founding in 2001, over 50 addons were released for Operation Flashpoint: Resistance. On July, 13th 2006, the BWMod ceased creating addons for Operation Flashpoint: Resistance and is now focusing on Armed Assault.

Our current plans include the creation of a fullmod as well as providing west-german addons for the Germany 1985 project, whereat the team is proud to be a part of.

Check out our Biki Site for background info concerning our Armed Assault plans

Greetings Chris

Ditto on that, absolutly love BWMod.

BWmod and UKF ... Best mods  biggrin_o.gif

Edit:

Asked un-needed questions that were on the Wiki  smile_o.gif sorry

There ahs been a news update on our Homepage. Sorry for those who don't understand german , but i guess the pictures will speak for themselves.

Greets Chris

I was simply stunned by the quality of mods BW team produced for OFP.

Excellent job gentlemen, looking forward to your ArmA addons.

It's good to know you guys are still commited to addon making. I've always thought the BWmod released some of the finest addons to date for Flashpoint. With the improved textures for ArmA and your ever growing knowledge of modelling i'm deffinitley looking forward to any of your work. And i can't wait to see your UH1D ingame as it seems like i've been waiting for that helo for a very long time  tounge2.gif

There is some progress from BW-Mod recently  smile_o.gif

Wiesel Ozelot AA

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4290/oziud9.jpg

M-84

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/82/m84zm9.jpg

Leopard 2 A5

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7358/leorj2.jpg

and a cool little vid about the ozelot:

http://armed-assault.de/downloads/wiesel2-ozelot-preview.html

Nice guys! Sehr schön  biggrin_o.gif

Looking very good!

Keep up the goodwork.

Maybe BW-Mod and OFrP sit down and talk on doing franco-german brigade one day thumbs-up.gif

One question: I thought BW-MOD was changing to Germany 1985...

Are you two different mods? Are you exporting ofp BW-MOD units to ARMA, and then move to Germany 1985?

Can you clarify the situation? Thanks

Hey,

thanks for the great job you have done this far. I hope you can keep working on BW-MOD as I really enjoyed your addons in OFP and would love to enjoy your "fullmod" with ArmA.

I have one wish for you. I am naturally a big fan of FDF Mod. For OFP I created a mission (not released to public consumption) using FDF Mod 1.4 and some BW-MOD addons. It would be very important that I could keep on using BW-MOD addons together with FDF Mod. Do you have any plans to cooperate with other mods like the FDF Mod to ensure that your addons can be used at the same time? It would also be great if your addons would fit configuration-wise to the Russian/Finnish units that FDF Mod is supposedly working on to release for ArmA, to ensure balanced gameplay.

Thanks,

Baddo.

Looking very good!

Keep up the goodwork.

Maybe BW-Mod and OFrP sit down and talk on doing franco-german brigade one day thumbs-up.gif

Are you two different mods? Are you exporting ofp BW-MOD units to ARMA, and then move to Germany 1985?

As far as I know Germany 1985 is a different project. BWMod build the current and modern german army. Germany 1985 is a joint venture between different mods (e.g. BWMod, Combat!, ...). For Germany 1985 they produce the vehicles and soldiers in 1985.

I would really appreciate a franco-german brigade by OFrP and BWMod smile_o.gif

ah great to hear BWMod is back onboard for ArmA !

cant wait to get to use the leopard again.

Germany has some kickass hardware,I love the Dingo and the Leopard.

I had lots of fun with all the Bwmod addons in Ofp and I hope they'll port all their stuff to Arma.

We're not changing to anything but are working on both mods.

However we're currently focusing a bit on modern german stuff while the tools are "not released" yet.

I have one wish for you. I am naturally a big fan of FDF Mod. For OFP I created a mission (not released to public consumption) using FDF Mod 1.4 and some BW-MOD addons. It would be very important that I could keep on using BW-MOD addons together with FDF Mod. Do you have any plans to cooperate with other mods like the FDF Mod to ensure that your addons can be used at the same time? It would also be great if your addons would fit configuration-wise to the Russian/Finnish units that FDF Mod is supposedly working on to release for ArmA, to ensure balanced gameplay.

As we are doing our own total conversion, we can't guarantee any compability with the FDFMod. Actually, since we are also going to change the core configs of Armed Assault to use e.g. realistic values for damage and armor, it will most likely not be possible to use both mods together.

TeRpEnTiN,

oh no huh.gif

Is it not possible to make the configuration files so that you achieve the same result but with independent addon files?

I am quite sure that both FDF Mod (huge success in OFP) and BW-MOD will achieve great popularity in Armed Assault too. It is not good if they can't be used together confused_o.gif as that excludes a lot of interesting mission and campaign setups.

If you do the total conversion mod with main config changes, as you have planned, could you then also consider creating independent addons out of the stuff you put into the total conversion mod?

I think different mod teams could cooperate on this issue. Would it not be possible to create core configuration files that somehow fit into both, FDF and BW mods? As in, for FDF Mod addons use these core settings and for BW-MOD addons use these other core settings, from the same file? Or just use the same settings for both?

I am just worried that I can't play my two favourite mods together, like I could do in OFP. I think many many other people too are worried of this very same issue.

BR,

Baddo.

Some pics of our testsoldiers, based on the US model released in the ArmA modeling forums:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bwmod/img/news/5/soldaten_01.jpg

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bwmod/img/news/5/soldaten_02.jpg

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bwmod/img/news/5/soldaten_03.jpg

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bwmod/img/news/5/soldaten_04.jpg

All pics by Mr. Burns (thx alot).

More of his pics (and this addon) can be found in the combat photography thread.

BWMod nice to see you back in He... ArmA!!!

@Baddo

All we have now from FDF in ArmA is their soundmod - i think+hope they will make an full conversion too. Let's wait and see what all these ModTeams can do - better campaign with good storyline, "real" characters... wink_o.gif

based on the US model released in the ArmA modeling forums:

Where's that? I've only seen the US sniper model released, and that has 'un-bloused' trousers and gloved hands.

Troops look fantastic anyway Terp. I bloody loved every BWMod addon for OFP and I can assure you I'll enjoy the work you do in ArmA.

looking at soldiers , impressive - do you have tools already ?

looking at soldiers , impressive - do you have tools already ?
Quote[/b] ]Some pics of our testsoldiers, based on the US model released in the ArmA modeling forums:

whistle.gif

uh yeah, I went through the forums in ArmA modeling about 4 times and couldm't find these new US models you said were released. Could you post a link for me?

Thnx