Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Germany 1985

We'd, of course, support CTIs. We hope to make this mod not only pretty but with a lot of missions included (MP especially!wink_o.gif so it's not just combat photography fodder.

If this Mod needs support from USMC mod 1.4. with USMC addons i could help or join, but the actual USMC mod 1.4. has a view on modern and future concepts of USMC weapons, vehicles and equipment.

Good luck with this Mod guys. Really good idea and finally a joint venture for the OFP/ ArmA community.

In my opinion:

Campaign:

Germany 1985

(and, for example, in future:

Bohemia 1983,

Poland 1972,

...)

Mod:

eng Iron Curtain

ger Eiserne Vorhang

fr Rideau de fer

(rus Zheleznaja zavesa)

cz Železná opona

Winston Churchill, March 5, 1946 at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri:

,,From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic an "iron curtain" has descended across the Continent. Behind that line lie all the capitals of the ancient states of Central and Eastern Europe. Warsaw, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade, Bucharest and Sofia; all these famous cities and the populations around them lie in what I must call the Soviet sphere, and all are subject, in one form or another, not only to Soviet influence but to a very high and in some cases increasing measure of control from Moscow.''

In my opinion:

Campaign:

Germany 1985

(and, for example, in future:

Bohemia 1983,

Poland 1972,

...)

Mod:

eng   Iron Curtain

ger    Eiserne Vorhang  

fr      Rideau de fer

(rus   Zheleznaja zavesa)

cz     Železná opona

Winston Churchill, March 5, 1946 at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri:

,,From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic an "iron curtain" has descended across the Continent. Behind that line lie all the capitals of the ancient states of Central and Eastern Europe. Warsaw, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade, Bucharest and Sofia; all these famous cities and the populations around them lie in what I must call the Soviet sphere, and all are subject, in one form or another, not only to Soviet influence but to a very high and in some cases increasing measure of control from Moscow.''

What was the point of that post? huh.gif

Anyway... Yeah I love this cooperation between such respected addon teams and if their previous material is anything to go by then we'll definitely be in for an amazing experience. thumbs-up.gif

One thing I can't help but think about is;

Typical really, here we are being presented with a shiny new OFP, set in a totally different environment, period and offering us nice new feature-packed equipment to blast at to our heart's content...And one of the first serious mods is all about the Cold War in 1985... huh.giftounge2.gif

I don't know exactly what you mean... one of the next versions of our Editor Update will contain some OFP compatibility classes to make it easier to convert missions.

I mean will OFP textures and models get reused for the mod e.g. BWmod Fuchs and Leo1A5 models once the tools for converting p3ds become available?

I don't know, as I'm not a modeler or texturer. Maybe they can answer such questions.

Am I right in thinking that this will be a group of addons, rather than a mod. (In my mind, please correct me if I'm wrong, a mod is something which modifies the way the engine/game behaves like WGL or ECP, rather than an addon which simply adds-on a new unit/country etc)?

Am I right in thinking that this will be a group of addons, rather than a mod. (In my mind, please correct me if I'm wrong, a mod is something which modifies the way the engine/game behaves like WGL or ECP, rather than an addon which simply adds-on a new unit/country etc)?

Long term plans are for a mod - i.e. custom interface, effects, etc. Initial release will probably be a little bit tamer - a set of core units from each team/country with a bunch of missions. Maybe an island, depending on time. For example, Combat plans to include the following in the initial release:

1. M1 tank

2. M60A3 tank

3. M2A0 Bradley

4. M113 APC

5. Various soldier models

6. UH-1H

7. AH-1F/S

8. M151 Jeep

and maybe a couple other things. Other long term plans include trucks, artillery pieces, more aircraft, more AFVs, etc.

I might be able to do the LASH barge used for the assault on Iceland.. (one bit I really do like that book)

FYI : The Fuchs Textures are completly new, and the model has undergone a rework as well.

To just use the same textures (50-100/ addon) for ArmA would be a performancekiller...

We wont take any of our addons into the game until it has been completly reworked.Most Addons need to be done from scratch anyways.

How diverse are your infantry units going to be? For instance will you just have generic American/Soviet/German/East German troops?

Or will you break it up into say for instance-Army/Paratroopers/Marines/SOF?

How diverse are your infantry units going to be? For instance will you just have generic American/Soviet/German/East German troops?

Or will you break it up into say for instance-Army/Paratroopers/Marines/SOF?

What about British troops?

@para: The first release will not contain too many inf units. Later releases do possibly.

@Faulkner: If we find a team that has time to contribute some high quality british troops, yes. Otherwise not.

man the conwoys part and island can be really tense stuff! biggrin_o.gif

im thinking group link a.i scripting or something for the iceland outdoors survival mission. And for the whole convoys and carriers stuff you could have ASp gnats boats and stuff converted over and footmunch aircraft addons and others to get the units tru to life maybe ? smile_o.gif

Arma isn't a naval sim. We might have ships eventually, but no plans for them now.

this is brilliant. such a collection of great mod makers working on such a project. I look forward to seeing it.

edit - and i look forward to seeing infantry weapons a lot from such a big collaboration.

Some weeks ago we announced an interview with our hosted mod Germany 1985, probably the most expected ArmA Mod so far and we also asked you what you wanted to ask them. Now the answers have arrived and it's time to present you the interview.

There are not only interesting answers, but also three exclusive Screens to show you the acutal status of the addons.

1946.jpg

Now take look to the interview under the following link.

Germany 1985 Mod interview

hope you enjoy the interview,

Raptor. smile_o.gif