Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Germany 1985

Quote[/b] ] the mod will cover a hypothetical war between NATO and the Warsaw Pact in 1985

I don't want to be a party pooper, but...

nuke.jpg

Mister nuke wouldn't allow much fighting between conventional armies, not in Germany atleast.

So, uhh, can you tell me what kind of background story you have in mind to prevent the above mentioned mushroom type from emerging?

Edit: with the new HDR and DX9 effects you guys could make a realistic nuke that blinds the player even 80km away. Would be nice, are you guys planning any nukes?

If anyone else is looking for ideas for a new mod....

Sword Point, by Harold Coyle I think. Russia invades Iran, the U.S. goes in to "help"(?) the Iranians (I think that was the premise). tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ] the mod will cover a hypothetical war between NATO and the Warsaw Pact in 1985

Mister nuke wouldn't allow much fighting between conventional armies, not in Germany atleast.

So, uhh, can you tell me what kind of background story you have in mind to prevent the above mentioned mushroom type from emerging?

Edit: with the new HDR and DX9 effects you guys could make a realistic nuke that blinds the player even 80km away. Would be nice, are you guys planning any nukes?

Read the book. wink_o.gif

Read the book. wink_o.gif

Just wanted to say that nener.gif

Sounds very interesting, especially that it takes place in Germany...

Do you plan to include some of this "Sea-Scenes" like the bombing of the NATO aircraft carriers?

No, out of our scope. They'd only be used for cutscenes.

The only way I could forsee using ships is if someone wanted to make a module of Polish marines landing on Denmark or Soviet naval infanty landing in Iceland or Norway (or US/UK/NL Marines landing to retake Iceland/Norway).

Right now we're concentrating on Germany. Given the time and motivation we can move elsewhere.

Wish i would have abilities in 3dsmax or in texturing... sad_o.gif

Guys, please, make the best out of it. We are all supporting you.

I'm including you into my non-religious prayers tonight and for the next months tounge2.gif

Oh Man I read "Red Storm Rising" like 3 or 4 times. No it is difficult but would be cool to see some of the engadgements like the Assult on Iceland both the initial Russian invasion an the Nato(American) invasion to take it back. Also what about the Battle for the Atlantic against the Red Fleet Submarine forces, an the Attack on the USS Nimitz. Keeping my eyes on this 1! Also "Team Yankee" was a good storyline from Harold Coyle too!

So far its only about the clash in Germany, lets see how this turns out and then we can think about other scenarios

Quote[/b] ]Read the book.

Not interested. So tell me, why wouldn't the USSR launch nukes, BUT a ground assault into Germany?

Quote[/b] ]Read the book.

Not interested. So tell me, why wouldn't the USSR launch nukes, BUT a ground assault into Germany?

I'm not interested in telling you. How about that? nener.gif

We'll announce our scenario later.

Please create Fallingbostel town, so I can relive staggering around it blind drunk for seven years…

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm not interested in telling you. How about that?

Sounds like you don't know either.

Quote[/b] ]We'll announce our scenario later.

But you already announced it; "the mod will cover a hypothetical war between NATO and the Warsaw Pact in 1985".

This is what i could find out about the book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Storm_Rising#Plot_summary

crazy_o.gif Far fetched... one terrorist attack on some azerbaijani oil refinery or something crushes the entire Soviet economy. Whoa. At 1985 the USSR wasn't beefy enough for anything... the mod should be set in the 70s, they had better helmets back then anyway, ahwell your mod not mine.

Substantial part of Czech and Slovak addon-making community has just commenced research and development of new content for Arma, which will be part of Warsaw Pact armies for G85. Few renders of our work follow...

You know, Eastern armies don't sleep.

Work In Progress:

CSLA3_BVP1_01W.jpg

CSLA3_BVP1_02W.jpg

CSLA3_DANA_01W.jpg

CSLA3_DANA_02W.jpg

CSLA3_PLDVK_01W.jpg

CSLA3_PLDVK_02W.jpg

@martinovic

Stop spammin the thread ya ass  mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ahwell your mod not mine.

Exactly.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Ontopic...very cool pics thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm not interested in telling you. How about that?

Sounds like you don't know either.

Quote[/b] ]We'll announce our scenario later.

But you already announced it; "the mod will cover a hypothetical war between NATO and the Warsaw Pact in 1985".

This is what i could find out about the book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Storm_Rising#Plot_summary

crazy_o.gif Far fetched... one terrorist attack on some azerbaijani oil refinery or something crushes the entire Soviet economy. Whoa. At 1985 the USSR wasn't beefy enough for anything... the mod should be set in the 70s, they had better helmets back then anyway, ahwell your mod not mine.

Wow! Our very first troll!

If you don't like it, go away. Simple as that. A lot of people have already put a lot of time and effort into this project and we know we're not going to make everyone happy. So go away. Simple as that. Walk away from this thread and it won't bother you anymore.

people, the idea and the concept behind this modification is amazing and well thought.

I will folllow the progress of this mod with high interest smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So tell me, why wouldn't the USSR launch nukes, BUT a ground assault into Germany?

What would be the interest for the Warsaw Pact to launch nukes on Western Europe massed armies knowing perfectly that it would trigger all NATO nukes to be launched immediately on them ?

What would be the interest for the NATO to launch nuke on Eastern Europe massed armies, knowing perfectly that it would trigger all Warsaw Pact nukes to be launched immediately on them ?

None of the 2 sides had a single interest in invading huge heavily radioactive waste land in order to gain more sphere of influence for their political doctrine.

That's why a conventional warfare between NATO and Warsaw Pact is not out of logic in a direct confrontation despite both sides had several time the amount of nuke necessary to burn the planet.

...at least not before one of the 2 side is in the process to be totally invaded and utterly defeated, in which i logically see nuke being launched by some dentist madman in their last instants if some plane amateur blackops does not destroy the scud launchers first smile_o.gif

Nuke has never been assault weapons, but last ressort weapons, else you would have already seen a lot of them being used considering lots of countries have access to them, openly or "secretly" and are not exactly at peace very often.

The screenshots look really awesome, definitively a huge mod of an incredible quality is preparing crazy_o.gificon14.gif

Sheesh you guys and your sensibilities, i was just pointing out that Tom Clancy's novel is a fairy tale. No need to take offense, you guys ain't eastern european after all and don't know just how incapable the USSR was under that powerful outer appearance. Like for example everyone hated the russians, everyone. Polish, romanian, ukrainian, czech, slovak, hungarian, you name it. The warsaw pact was fragile, very fragile. By '85 the USSR was just 4 years away from complete collapse and you tell me that they could've started WW3.

Anyway do what you want, if any kind of criticism is met with hostility then fine, sheesh just don't bite my head off! I'm sorry, i'm sorry.

Well, we could also do a nuke campaign, featuring a single mission:

Intro: War is declared

Mission: Errrrrrr.. wait 2 minutes.

Outro: Boooooooooooooooom! Campaign won or perhaps not.

That'd be a nice mod, we wouldn't even need more than 2 addons.

Yeah, I think we should do it this way.

goodnight.gif

As long as this game is actually specifically said to be based off of Red Storm Rising and not claimed to be a "historical reenactment" I am fine with this.

Key Soviet and NATO defensive doctrines clearly state that Tactical Nuclear weapons would have been used. No ifs ands or buts here. It all depends on who attacks. if USA attacked USSR, USSR would be the first to use nukes even if USA does not. Same vice versa. After the 50's, the Soviet plan of attack involved more than 320 individual tactical nuclear detonations over NATO troop concentrations at zero hour.

However if you clearly state this is in fact a fantasy, and not a historical reenactment I think everyone can be fine with that.

However, with the end of this I have to give my utmost praise for this mod. It's damn time mods stop these small development teams and merge into large ones to make better quality addons.

OFP's form of addon communities of individual addons released will not work anymore, it's out dated. We need to move on to large mod teams working on projects, releasing large mods. I fully support this mod.

As for martinovic aka russophobic crazy man, I am just going to laugh at your comments and move on. Learn your history...

Please create Fallingbostel town, so I can relive staggering around it blind drunk for seven years?

biggrin_o.gif

After I finish my part of the islands you can give me some reference material and maybe I can help you. Big Maybe on that one but if its cool terrain there is a good chance I could do it.