Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Arma bugs

ver 1.00.5087

The glass on the civilian bus is bullet proof?

Can someone else verify this?

Cheers

ver 1.00.5087

The glass on the civilian bus is bullet proof?

Can someone else verify this?

Cheers

Confirmed.

You're also not able to explain wrong LODs with a lack of graphics memory.

I think ........ or game-version.

btw People on a german board with a X1900XT report similar issues..........

You're right, I'm not. But engine issue or not, if it does not happen on all machines you cannot totally rule out some hardware/driver conflict as well, imo. The issue better not rears it's ugly head on my X1900XT, though wink_o.gif

I read somewhere that omega drivers seem to be fixing a lot of weirdness for these cards wink_o.gif

One thing that needs fixing is the 'Reverse Y Axis' (for mouse) control option, especially if you don't have a joystick.

I use this option reversed so I can fly a chopper (using the mouse), but when you switch back to being infantry, it also reverses it's Y Axis too, so I'm constantly having to toggle the option, which is a problem.

This 'Reverse Y Axis' option perhaps needs to be separated for infantry/free-look & air-craft or maybe just don't reverse it for infantry/free-look, since only a rare few games allow that option for infantry/free-look.

Hey guys, I was just reading through the topic, and it alarmed me the problems some of the high-end systems here were having problems with the game. So would my specs(see sig) run into any problems with the game. Or are we looking at faults with the engine?

Cheers guys, and apologies as always if it's in the wrong place smile_o.gif

Hauk

Ive noticed that the "thrust" control does not automatically reverse its axis when flying between planes and helos as it did in OFP.

I am unsure if BI intended this feature to be included in ArmA or not, or if Ive perhaps mis-configured something thats stopping it from functioning.

Anyone else notice if this feature works? is not working? or even not present in ArmA? Could this be a bug?

Cheers

Please let's keep the performance related discussions in its own thread.

This one is just for BUGS.

Does anyone know solve for disabling bullet tracert ? confused_o.gif

i can't play with them ... it's so arcadish icon_rolleyes.gif

Does anyone know solve for disabling bullet tracert ?  confused_o.gif

i can't play with them ... it's so arcadish  icon_rolleyes.gif

I think it's only a Config error.

In OFP there where two entry's in the Ammo-Class that defined the Tracers.

Example:

tracerColor[]={0.700000,0.700000,0.500000,0.040000};

tracerColorR[]={0,0,0,0};

The second one was being used when tracer's where switched off.  

Wanna bet these two lines (if still there) contain the same values in ArmA.

So to answer your question: either wait for an official patch or use the do it yourself method and change the config.bin.

If the syntax is still the same as in OFP you just need to change the tracerColorR entry.

btw:

I can't believe such thing's (and many others) where not recognized while beta testing the game ( Somehow i'm beginning to doubt if it was tested at all)

Locke.

Hi,

Yesterday i bought the german Arma version, but after 5 - 10 minutes online gaming i got the message "illegal copies may degrade" and got disconnected from the server. Anyone know this Problem? Has anyone a solution for this Problem?

Hi,

Yesterday i bought the german Arma version, but after 5 - 10 minutes online gaming i got the message "illegal copies may degrade" and got disconnected from the server. Anyone know this Problem? Has anyone a solution for this Problem?

Pirated version? Or did you just download a no-DVD patch? That will trigger the problem, since it's part of the FADE copy protection. Buy the original game.

If you do have the original, uninstall and do a full re-install. Also do a virus and spyware scan. Some viruses modify exe files and that would trigger the copy protection.

I bought it in a Media Markt shop, so i think its a legal copy. I just installed the game, no patches , addons or somthing like that.

Weird bug with shop entrances. Came over it when having a streetfight. When under fire the entrances collapse like the WTC while the rest of the building stands solid.

armagcs0001ub4.jpg

How about shopping ?

armagcs0002kw6.jpg

Sorry, our shop is just collapsing biggrin_o.gifhuh.gif

Quote[/b] ]I bought it in a Media Markt shop, so i think its a legal copy. I just installed the game, no patches , addons or somthing like that.

It has been reported as an issue with the Morphicon release. Obviously czech and german version do not work well together with the different copy protections. Issue has been adressed to Morphicon already.

- after using nvg´s once and then taking ´em off in nightime missions light emitted from streetlamps (etc.) is´nt visible anymore.

We had a lil coop-party yesterday, where all the connected clients were pure German versions. All copies were legal ones!!! But anyhow, the system told us that two of us were using pirated stuff and bla, and just kicked 2 players from my server. So the problem seems to be not a problem between the Czech and the German version imho... Such a bug really p. me off!

We had a lil coop-party yesterday, where all the connected clients were pure German versions. All copies were legal ones!!! But anyhow, the system told us that two of us were using pirated stuff and bla, and just kicked 2 players from my server. So the problem seems to be not a problem between the Czech and the German version imho... Such a bug really p. me off!

The game wasn't allowed to be released before 30.11.2006

You got the game a day earlier, it is very likely that the cdkeys at the master-servers aren't (all) certified yet...

I would check it again today, and piss in the toilet instead smile_o.gif

Masterservers?! I've never heard about such a thing. Must be a new ArmA-feature...

I thought it's a locally running procedure to verify the client ID's not the task of a 'masterserver'...

Still the same issue with illegal copy messages. Even after the day x.

At the moment, the release is disastrous, to say the least.

It takes way to long for the client to recognize the server is dead. Why tell me I did not receive messages for 79 seconds at all?

10-20 seconds = automatic disconnect would be nice.

Night vision devices do not what they should. They magnify the available light by 10 000 times and more.

In ArmA at dawn/dusk you see just black environments. Only works in complete darkness at the moment.

NVG 1

NVG 2

10-20 seconds = automatic disconnect would be nice.

Nooo, 80 seconds isnt even enough. Sometimes I have to reset my router when it bugs again. Then the 80 sec are just enough to stay in game.

you can always press esc after 20 sec if you think the server is down.

Bug :

Satchel charges disappear when disabled if inventory is full.

Normally satchels are picked up when disabled if you have enough room in your inventory.

If inventory is full, satchels should remain disabled on the ground, and not vanish.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature of ArmA.

Swimming players loose all their equipment after 23-24 seconds of doing the breast stroke. Appears to happen regardless of the unit type.The equipment forms a neat pile on the seabed.

Can't quite reason why this would be included in the game as it is not very realistic. Can anyone shed any light if this is intentional or not? or if it can be confirmed as a bug or otherwise?

Cheers

Edit: Thanks for confirming that this is a feature of ArmA Ian. (post below)

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature of ArmA.

Swimming players loose all their equipment after 23-24 seconds of doing the breast stroke. Appears to happen regardless of the unit type.The equipment forms a neat pile on the seabed.

Can't quite reason why this would be included in the game as it is not very realistic. Can anyone shed any light if this is intentional or not? or if it can be confirmed as a bug or otherwise?

Cheers

It's not bug. It's feature. Try grab some weapons and go to swim.

It will left you sidearm though.

But i would be more happy to have some choice... something like "you are slowly drowning - do you wish to drop your weapons?" smile_o.gif