Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Arma bugs

At that bridge blow in ArmA the AI is so dumb the bridge is destroyed and they all run in water like brainless morons tounge2.gif

And the truck it looks like a circus truck falls in water bounce back like it has fallen on a trampoline and jumps back at the bridge and all enemy units disembark from it wow_o.gif

Hopefully the bugs will be fixed wink_o.gif

wow, the ArmA physics are very...impressive.... biggrin_o.gif

found from SvenPatrick.

mwahahaha rofl.gif

Best video ever thumbs-up.gif

Ah, would have been so funny to be in the passenger seat of that truck.

ArmA will be so much fun!

Even with all those small bugs, which will not destroy gameplay, it is the best game available for us.

---

Don't search the bugs, the bugs will find YOU!

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Yes but if you write what are the bugs, the BIS programmers can patch them easily wink_o.gif

found from SvenPatrick.

that one really made me giggle abit :P

Not very important one, and easy to solve, but still a bug :

When you have 1 bullet left in your M16 and use Burst fire, you hear 3x firing sound (as if you had 3 bullets in your magasine), and weapon's recoil is incorrect too.

When you have 1 bullet left in your M16 and use Burst fire, you hear 3x firing sound (as if you had 3 bullets in your magasine)

So AmrA still prepares burst sounds for some rifles? huh.gif

I think there is no need to prepare burst sounds if ArmA has a smart sound API; a smart sound API could easily generate burst sounds from one shot sound and deal with the case that there are only one or two bullets left in the magazine. huh.gif

-If I fire with burst or auto fire mode when i walk, the soldier stops.

-There is a mouse lag, both movement and buttons.

First one isnt a bug i think, just something to stop players from running and shooting at the same time, for the second one..

try getting your FPS >20, and/or play around with your vsync setting in your driver options.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]First one isnt a bug i think, just something to stop players from running and shooting at the same time,

No, it's a bug alright.

Quote[/b] ]First one isnt a bug i think, just something to stop players from running and shooting at the same time,

No, it's a bug alright.

Are you sure? Because when i use my gun in single fire mode and i fire a few times quickly he stops aswell, seems like its made that way to me.

No, it's a bug alright.

Are you sure? Because when i use my gun in single fire mode and i fire a few times quickly he stops aswell, seems like its made that way to me.

Well it shouldn't be that way. You should be able to fire while walking, but not as accurately.

No, it's a bug alright.

Well it shouldn't be that way. You should be able to fire while walking, but not as accurately.

Agreed

found from SvenPatrick.

The power of the new anti-fall down protection by Motherland!! Inc.  tounge2.gif

No, it's a bug alright.

You can fire, but not in burst/full auto, i just checked and single fire doesnt hamper your movement.

Quote[/b] ]-I don't see some explosion, for example when a tank fire to another tank.

Sabots dont give any explosions on impact (expect when blowing something up), HEATs do thumbs-up.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

-MP5 (non-silenced) has no recoil icon_rolleyes.gif

Btw, funk;

omfqes1.th.png

Did extensive testing in ArmA for most "popular" OFP bugs and sadly, they are still present:

Ballistics: nowhere to be seen, guns & pistols again fire like damn laser beams, RPGs/LAWs go straight in the line to the target... you can check ballistics via badly made tracers.

Hitpoints: armor can again be destroyed with low-cal if you are persistent enough. It took 1-2 minutes of single M60 fire to get BMP-2 on fire and to kill the crew that ejected.

Collision detection: again bad, f.e.: when you drive Skoda car into M113 on the road, full speed - it just stops and you get damaged engine/controls. No total wreck, you can get out unharmed. Very unrealistic. You can also see the "bridge demolition" video on net to see truck jumping back to the bridge smile_o.gif

Distant visual confirm: again, they can be easily spotted because they don't fade with terrain. They are usually like dark spots - similiar to color of low-lod trees.

AI sees through objects/vegetation: not confirmed, we saw one AI that didn't see approaching player through the bushes, so that is a good sign.

Wind: nope, not present.

BIS: these are the most annoying things, please fix them in patch (if that is even possible due to your engine limitations).

Tested: Czech version 1.0

Ballistics: nowhere to be seen, guns & pistols again fire like damn laser beams, RPGs/LAWs go straight in the line to the target... you can check ballistics via badly made tracers.

Wind: nope, not present.

Wrong, these were in in OFP aswell, try to play around with the config in OFP to check it (cant to that with arma yet..)

Quote[/b] ]Collision detection

Much better then in OFP, and the truck has to do with the physics, the collision detection is fine, you cant go trough walls anymore, hell, you cant even turn around in a small corridor when your gun is sticking out (you have to look up/down so you can turn around). Also, when 2 cars run into eachother on full speed they dont go straight trough eachother anymore, they just crash into eachother tounge2.gif

How dare they release a game without me beta testing first.

The physics appear to need some polishing.

The videos I have seen with the choppers definately do not fly proper,appears there is hardly any tail rotor.Chopper shouldn't bank like that

I am confident that Bis will patch these things

Funniest bug I've found so far...

batmandt6.th.jpg

Only the top part of the head is customisable. crazy_o.gif