Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

Shashman: Are you looking in the FFUR config ? I think FFUR already has it implemented by default. if it's not in there, look in the default SLX config at the end of the class cfgMovesMC and you can uncomment it out and copy it to the the end of the FFUR cfgMovesMC.

Universal: Thanks! The long startup time is probably from OFP compiling the config.cpp, you can try following the instructions I already posted before somewhere if you really want to convert it to .bin to get rid of that wait. Not sure about the slowdown on eject though, are you sure it doesn't happen with regular FFUR full effects config ?

Kin Hil: Please read the readme. It's -mod @SLX;FFUR2006

To install mod configs:

First backup the other mod's original config.bin or config.cpp in their bin folder, then copy the SLX config to their bin folder and then run OFP with -mod @SLX;Mod

Edit: Another update with the CSLA config. For some reason the rifle tracer ricochets look really cool, very short and fast in my first test.

SLX_Replacement_Pack_Mod_update_1.04.rar 1 MB

Solus im pretty sure it doesnt happen with the regular FFUR effects cause I remember clearly ejecting and not lagging. Solus Im not sure how to convert the config.cpp into a bin file how does it work ?

Solus ive tried using binarizeIT and binarize.bat and it would only create a config.cpp file of the ffur full effects config.cpp whats going on what should i do ?

edit:nevermind i think i solved the problem.

Ok the problem has not been fixed. Solus please help because when I opened up the bin file with the coc binview it showed the cfgworlds as being listed there.

slxtc1.jpg

i think i didn't undertand very well (again) about the reverting the vegetation replacement , should i do this? because it has no effect , it appears the slx vegetation yet on everon help.gif

screenshot001bz3.jpg

Update 1.05:

SLX Mod Update 1.05 1.58 MB

Changes:

Updated SLX_GL3.pbo to version 1.01. Modifications and optimizations to SLX_ShotFX.sqs. Firefights should have slightly higher FPS in general, at the cost of hit effect accuracy. Only tracer shots ricochet. Aircraft don't keep flying when players eject.

Added FFUR binarized configs.

To install updates: Extract the update content on top of the existing content, then use the installer.

To install mod configs:

First backup the other mod's original config.bin or config.cpp in their bin folder, then copy the SLX config to their bin folder and then run OFP with -mod @SLX;Mod

Universal: Try the new update with the included config.bin's.

william1: That's exactly how it's supposed to be done. I have no idea why it's not working for you. Make sure you're running OFP with the right config loaded. Keep messing around with things until you get it working.

Hey Solus. Just wanted to ask if you mind uploading the update (This one or if you plan another one) to somewhre else.

Maybe to OFP.info or OFPfiles (Filefront). Love your mod but unable to download the updates from Uploading.com.

help.gif

thanks for the repply Solus, i am getting much better frame rates now , can i just say that you are very quick at working i have never seen so many updates so fast, you are also patient with repeated questions , whistle.gif this mod is fantastic with ffur , i found a bug one not sure if its slx or ffur, i cant seem to climb stairs in houses, but the ai can ? this is with SLX ffur2006 and their is a gru spetznaz with no textures not sure if this is your problem though,

my missions are fantastic , and really atmospheric now , congrats again notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]thanks for the repply Solus, i am getting much better frame rates now , can i just say that you are very quick at working i have never seen so many updates so fast, you are also patient with repeated questions , this mod is fantastic with ffur , i found a bug one not sure if its slx or ffur, i cant seem to climb stairs in houses, but the ai can ? this is with SLX ffur2006 and their is a gru spetznaz with no textures not sure if this is your problem though,

my missions are fantastic , and really atmospheric now , congrats again

This is an FFUR problem as its been reported in the FFUR 2.5 topic but thunderbird is working on it smile_o.gif

Solus im not sure of this but how do u you use this with llauma's sky pack ?

Hello!

First, Congrats to a great mod!

I´ve got a question or two.

1. How do I use this addon with other addons like SFP or UKF and so on? Now I just get it to work with the default soldiers, and when I use other addons they don´t have the SLX effects?

Cheers!

Solus the config now works fine thanks and barely any lag(other than the fact that my video card is old).

Solus,

I might actually have a little free time this weekend, and the word of mouth on your mod is so full of acclaim that I'm very eager to try it out. But I'm encountering a problem that's going to keep me from being able to play your mod with the latest update:

the update won't download from Upload.com and this is in spite of the fact that I've tried Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer with popups enabled.

From what I understand, all I have to do is enter the password code into the page's top window and click "Start Download." Am I correct in stating that I do not have to register with Upload.com in order to receive the download? Please correct me if I'm wrong on this point.

If everything's being done correctly from my end, and if I'm not the only person here who is having downloading difficulties, then maybe it's possible to use a different downloading site? It's frustrating that I can't get my hands on what sounds like a remarkable addition to OFP's gameplay.

Before I go, I'd like to compliment you on your obviously dedicated work ethic. The fact that your going so far out of your way to make configs to allow your mod to work with other popular mods is a real boon to the community. It's also amazing to me just how frequently you make adjustments based on player feedback, and how detailed your instructions are. You're not only a hard working fellow, but someone who is courteous at the same time, a perfect combination in anyone's book!

Yours,

Kyle

Nov. 17, 2006

tounge2.gif

Sounds like a nice piece of work, Solus! Unfortunately I still have my gaming rig offline so when I get it fixed I'll try this one out... Though I would like to know if I could only have select pieces of it working, like the new sky, fire and smoke fx, AI, enterable buildings, vehicle damage, and new anims... I can dispense with the winds, tracers, and wounds...

Oh, and could you post a picture from the nightvision which you changed? Since nobody has posted one yet, I'm anxious to see how it looks...

Thanks! thumbs-up.gif

Hi there Mr. Souls,

You have a lot of intresting thingies in there like that amazing sky.

I've been making rough atempts to make your sky install like a normal skypack putting your newdata files in llaumax newdata folder & running his installer, it works but there are some problems... can you make one (if is not a problemo wink_o.gif

Also I've seen that you dont use Begoff nature packs & I don't plan to stop using them since they really change things.

Is there a way to remove your islands or could you implement these to create diferent feeling for different islands...

Anyway, I really like what you have done thumbs-up.gif

In "SLX Wounds Readme.txt" it says:

Quote[/b] ]

In a unit's init field in the editor, or in the init part of createUnit, or in a script :

this addEventHandler ["dammaged",{[_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2] exec "\SLX_wounds\damage.sqs"}]

but if you look in "SLX_Wounds.pbo" there is no "damage.sqs", so if you use that string ofp gives an error about not finding damage.sqs. huh.gif

/P

You know your dealing with a great Mod when 'Steal the Car' feels fresh and exciting. I get that Christmas morning feel everytime I fire up OFP with SLX and want to re-play every mission I've ever beat.

Your willingness to help everyone out, Ad Nauseum, and cater to so many preferences really stands out. Just don't burn out- we need you for ArmA by the look of things tounge2.gif

its one of the best mods i have played in along while and the ability to play with ECP, CSLA, FFUR is great thumbs-up.gif

Solus I prevously reported that I had some random crashes to desktop, well after installing the varius patches all is going nice and smoothly, thanks : )

Good to see the great support btw.

hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. firstly the update for wgl5-i keep getting this message when i download the file

"CRC failed in@SLX\bin\CONFIG.cpp.The file is corrupt"

could you please put another file up for download. And also could somebody explain to me step by simple step as a noobie how to configure this to work with WGL5 when the download is fixed.

cheer,impi

sorry everything is in update 5. this is a great mod thanks.

impi