Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

Okay thank you very much Solus this is the ultimate replacement pack and I hope serial killer hosts the update.

Solus , i cant' make work the sky replacement , what should i copy into de newdata carpet ? i tried with the content of llaumax newdata and then run the instal.bat but it didn't work confused_o.gif

@Solus

Yes with the light effects config you provided with the update, mounted under ffur2006/bin, everything goes smooth.

Thanks for doing this G R E A T J O B!!

I would love to see the all effect config work so smoothly too.

But for right now I have really a lot of fun playing missions with SLX/FFUR!!

Thanks for the mirror Jimboob, Lt.Chris, and gol-clan.net!

Sky packs: Just extract all of the files of the other sky pack's newdata folder into the @SLX NewData folder and run the installers. I just tried it with the Laumax sky pack and it works flawlessly. Make sure you didn't overwrite the installer .bat files in the @SLX folder with the other sky pack ones or it won't work. If you overwrote them just re extract the original SLX Replacement Pack installers over them and try again.

The WGL config is coming along nicely, the error I had was a boneheaded misspelling of WGL's rucksack weapon. I'm adding the supersonic cracks and islands now.

FFUR and other mod's explosions: GL3 makes ALL shots ricochet, but the behaviours are controlled by defining types of things in the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf. That means that all explosives such as rockets and tank HEAT shells will ricochet if they are not defined in the SLX_Explo array. All default explosives are defined in there already. Since FFUR uses a lot of different classes they are not defined, so they ricochet. So to fix it someone needs to go through and add all FFUR explosive ammo to an array and add that to SLX_Explo in the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf. It would be very helpful if someone could post an array with all the FFUR and other mod's explosive ammo defined so other people could add that to their SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf's.

Tracers: Since there are a lot of weapons with tracers on them in FFUR you could just try making entire sides have tracers in the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf. There are commented out settings for it already there, so just comment out the other tracer ones and uncomment the ones with the sides. Someone could also add all FFUR tracer weapons to the tracer arrays and post that here so everyone could use it.

Edit:

Zeinger: Sorry, I hoped you would see it in my post to Kroky several posts back that deals with that question. You can change the islands back by opening the config.cpp and finding the line "SLX MOD : Grass island example."

and uncomment the old island then comment out the grass one. Then do the same for the other island.

Nervermind.

edit :

No problem smile_o.gif I saw you answered me after I posted this that's why I edited it to "nevermind"

edit2 :

well it works but it removes the enterable buildings ...I guess i can live with grass in my OFP  thumbs-up.gif

First of all.. Great release! Never thought I would have something better than ECP in terms of effects, but this one seems to beat that. (For me at least) Anyway keep up the good work Solus!

And to the problems.. Can anyone post a mirror for the update? Can't download it from original one. Thanks in advance.

Solus you've inspired me.  smile_o.gif

inspirationtb7.jpg

I had the same theory before, but was put off by the work on the anims. Good to finally see it in practice, so I decided to give it another shot. My anims are still pretty bad but better than nothing.  wink_o.gif

I tried the mod with crcti@dvd2 missions and worked a while until having CTD, but it was a fantastic experience the time that was working, i guess the mod doesn't fully support MP. Great potential anyway, this will be one of the best out there, congratulations !!!

Quote[/b] ]Sky packs: Just extract all of the files of the other sky pack's newdata folder into the @SLX NewData folder and run the installers. I just tried it with the Laumax sky pack and it works flawlessly. Make sure you didn't overwrite the installer .bat files in the @SLX folder with the other sky pack ones or it won't work. If you overwrote them just re extract the original SLX Replacement Pack installers over them and try again.

yes Solus , efectively that replaces the sky pack , but some of the SLX replacements dissapear too, like the resistance trees and the open houses , and who knows what more else , so is not worthy confused_o.gif i like a lot those effects ...

ops i deleted the old newdata folder first , maybe is that , i'm gonna try again... yay.gif

yes ! it works ! i just have to overwrite the content , not to delete the old one first , you will have to forgive me Solus , i'm usually that stupid

tounge2.gif thanks you i love this MOD ! thumbs-up.gif

First of, great mod!

However...

Im trying to use the SLX_Wounds stuff in Tonalredux and have followed the readme but geting an error about "damage.sqs" not found.

In the SLX_Wounds.pbo there is no such file. There is however a "SLX_Wounds.sqs" in the pbo but using that in the init dont work either.

/P

We are about to test this with WGL on MP, fingers crossed it will work, however did you say you where making a config for it?

Keep up the amazing work fella

Something weird going on with flying the FFUR helos...nose is dipped forward ...but I'm finding myself flying backwards most the time.Flight model issue? crazy_o.gif(this when using joystick btw)

I played around with aircraft and I completed Rat's Nest (default Resistance mission where you're a Ka-50 pilot) without any problems... Weird

nice vid lol the spade man was spazin out a bit.

Does the radio do anything? ive seen it on a few men

I played around with aircraft and I completed Rat's Nest (default Resistance mission where you're a Ka-50 pilot) without any problems... Weird

Well,this happens for me at slower speeds in the hind,haven't tried the Ka-52 yet.Just seems something is off,...didn't someone else report the same thing earlier?.

On a side note(if anyone reads this) what ever happened to the Avonlady...??,She brought alot of good humor to this forum,but seems to have disappeared?Bet she'd love this mod.

found in the readme's:

- The radio is for calling support (works with CoC artillery)

- Wind affects how the aircraft are being handled

Nice vid! Although the spade man give's it all an comical extra it isn't really suited icon_rolleyes.gif

On a side note(if anyone reads this) what ever happened to the Avonlady...??,She brought alot of good humor to this forum,but seems to have disappeared?Bet she'd love this mod.

Yeah funny you should mention Avon, was just thinking about her help.gif

I simply love how this mod changes firefights, from the supersonic cracks to the bodies being dragged, to the intelligence of the AI... S'all graveh thumbs-up.gif

Solus you've inspired me. smile_o.gif

Awesome!! That's exactly what I've hoped to do!! biggrin_o.gif Have you seen the 3D Studio .rtm importer and exporter plugins ? You can import the vehicle's animation, then the end frame of the get in animation, then export them so you can make the in between animations with the vehicle loaded in OFPAnim. That's how I made mine. The plugins are in a post somewhere on these forums I think, but I don't know if the link is dead. You also need a OFP solder model file for max that someone posted in the thread. If you can't find it I could send them to you if you want.

GoosemanXP: Thanks!

william1: Good to hear it's working!

Odjob: Are you sure the name was "damage.sqs" exactly ? Because I don't think there's anything named that in any of my stuff, so maybe it's a problem with something else, or you could provide more info about the error. Try reading the SLX Wounds readme for implementing it alone. The only thing I can think of that might cause a similar error is when people or dismembered body parts catch fire, they exec SLX_GL3\SLX_Dmg_Fuel.sqs, but only if GL3 is running. Maybe it has something to do with that ?

supershooter: WOW. biggrin_o.gif That was extremely cool ! The shovel guy was funny, did you have to give that to him ?

Smiley_Nick: Thanks, the WGL config is done, I just need to upload the 1.02 update.

343rdBadger: You are probably being pushed by the wind on a windy day, try flying in the opposite direction you are getting pushed in to stay steady.

Shashman: Cool, so it looks like it's working well for you ?