Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

ArmA Photography

Also is it just me or does the US officers cap look like a marines. Or do all US soldiers caps look like that.

Great points, as for the Officers cap, it is a USMC style top while in ACU. It backdrops with the USMC/US Army blending of the BLUFOR units. BIA/BIS probably did this to promote to both sides to gain interest from the Armed Forces for the simulation use. Why have a VBS2 Lite when you got ArmA? tounge2.gif

That aside, the shadow falling on the units face is great.

Hey guys, one thing i'm curious about.

Did they change the animations at all? I've seen a lot of shots with wounded and killed soldiers (The new wounds look amazingly convincing, on the german link gamenest i think it was, the facial wound looked almost like an actual hole) but i was curious if there's any new death animations since the same one got kind of old, or if it's just taking on the Ragdoll craze that's going around.

I'd kind of prefer the rag-doll thing actually.

Hey guys, one thing i'm curious about.

Did they change the animations at all? I've seen a lot of shots with wounded and killed soldiers (The new wounds look amazingly convincing, on the german link gamenest i think it was, the facial wound looked almost like an actual hole) but i was curious if there's any new death animations since the same one got kind of old, or if it's just taking on the Ragdoll craze that's going around.

I'd kind of prefer the rag-doll thing actually.

-Bert @ Nov. 20 2006,19:56)]A few pictures of ArmA!

Hi Bert. Thanks for the pics.

I have been poking around your UTW site for some time.. but unfortunately can't read any of the posts..haha.

given your VERY fast computer what kind of FPS do you see with flashpoint? I assume you run with FULL details.. but what about view distance?

Do you have any pics with different view distance and the FPS change with long view distance?

gaia nice pics love the blur effects with the nssf guy nice dynamic lighting effect

Also is it just me or does the US officers cap look like a marines. Or do all US soldiers caps look like that.

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/4431/westofficerob9.jpg

Its the Marine Cap, but no biggie.

Although just as an FYI BIS for next time, the Army uses patrol caps, not the USMC utility caps...

although now looking at it in real life, it could be just a modeling error... (a cross between the two)

PC1:

AMD XP 2600+ (2.1ghz) / Geforce 5600XT 256 MB / 512 DDR Ram

1024x768x32 = All Low = MAX 10 FPS. <---- confused_o.gif

PC2:

P4 3.06 / GeForce 6600 GT 256 MB / 512 DDR Ram

1024x768x32 = All-Med = 30 FPS icon_rolleyes.gif

I must admit,the game looks graphicly sexcellent even at medium. I can't wait to buy my new graphic card and see it at that or possibly high.

I could be wrong but I think an update of ram would help you quite a bit,once I got my 2 gigs as versus my original 512,all games seemed to run faster.

30 fps is not that bad, but you not more RAM, 512Mb is not enough these days. 30...is that max or average fps? And what's your viewdistance?

You need 1Gb at least, but I dunno this will effect your framerate that much tho.

Your first CPU isn't that bad actually, even with low settiings max 10fps. wow_o.gif

I don't even think to play ArmA with my own PC.

Yeah,low detail on that much is suprising to say the least,in a good way of course.

Yeah you have a point,after 30fps you aren't going to notice much of a difference. Biggest issue of course is when it comes to battles,fps always drops during those,especially when people begin fighting. Why is that anyway? How is it that a few flashes and bullets being flung around causes lag?

Have the colors and levels been photoshoped? If you have done anything more than merely resized it please mention it.

No resize, no colors change, no blur, only added black frame.

This is how I play it - 800x600 with postprocessing.

Have the colors and levels been photoshoped? If you have done anything more than merely resized it please mention it.

No resize, no colors change, no blur, only added black frame.

This is how I play it - 800x600 with postprocessing.

and your specs?

AMD Athlon 3000+, 1024 MB, Radeon X800GTO 256MB.

FPS around 20.

AMD Athlon 3000+, 1024 MB, Radeon X800GTO 256MB.

FPS around 20.

could you try with and without AA and tell us the difference ?

I couldn't, because I wasn't able to turn on AA in game. It's enabled both in graphic vard and in ArmA settings, but no difference. And I'm not only who have this problem - actually, I don't know anyone have AA running in ArmA smile_o.gif

I couldn't, because I wasn't able to turn on AA in game. It's enabled both in graphic vard and in ArmA settings, but no difference. And I'm not only who have this problem - actually, I don't know anyone have AA running in ArmA smile_o.gif

mmm i ve seen pics with and without AA so i know it works.

It's enabled both in graphic vard and in ArmA settings, but no difference.

You'll probably get a performance boost if you don't have AA enabled by force in the video card settings. Better if you only use the in game AA settings.