Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

ArmA Photography

Is it even playable at those settings, or are they just used for taking screenshots.

According to FRAPS, your fps is kind of low, but I know FRAPS can drag down your fps a lot of times.

Is it even playable at those settings, or are they just used for taking screenshots.

According to FRAPS, your fps is kind of low, but I know FRAPS can drag down your fps a lot of times.

I use this just for screenshots and for enjoying the landscape - it's good just to walk around or drive a TOW Humvee.

I usually play with no antialiasing and lower anisotropic filtering with normal post processing but still gameplay is far from smooth and occasionally fps drops to 10 or so. Best framerate killers are those wonderful woods and high viewdistance. Framerate tends to drop in towns too.

What opponent is the most important to run ArmA smoothly? In what order?

In OFP it was CPU first, second was RAM and last gfx card.

Is this still the same with ArmA or is the gfx card second in row due the dx9 features?

Viewdistance cause framedrop but, I don't need 4-5km , i can't even shoot that far. 2 km is far enough for me, 3km for flight missions.

Is this still the same with ArmA or is the gfx card second in row due the dx9 features?

According to my tests on two computers, ArmA runs a lot better on PIV 2Ghz, 512MB RAM and Radeon X800, than on PIV 3Ghz, 1Gig RAM and Radeon 9600SE...

The X800 is superior to the 9600.

He's saying you will probably benefit from a greater video card.

I actually hope this is true, as I have a weak CPU (P4 3.0 GHz) but a strong video card (7900 GT @ 650/1720) and RAM (2GB).

According to my tests on two computers, ArmA runs a lot better on PIV 2Ghz, 512MB RAM and Radeon X800, than on PIV 3Ghz, 1Gig RAM and Radeon 9600SE...

This really helps alot! Thanks notworthy.gif .

I'm wondering how a 8800GTX would run ArmA considering it can also process physics etc now, I haven't seen results from anyone as yet.

It's a shame that east have no Jet and attack boat for now, but I'm sure BIS will fix that in future so both sides have a fair chance in MP.

The vehicles all look very good.

I hope BIS doesn't worry about balance too much.

War is not always balanced, and some times it's more fun when the odds are agasint you.

thx a lot, really great. Must be hell of a job.

All the civilians have the same face or is that your face?

*edit* lol, I see all units have the same so it must be yours smile_o.gif

A BTR80, SU-25, hind, havok and apache would make Arma even more interesting, everything looks great but i cant help feeling that there should be more content.. smile_o.gif .

BIS will probably release a bike, motorcycle, a cessna etc.. so we don't get homesick.

Sweet !

Great pics...

Nice to see whats included in game.

BIS might release more, but I'm thinking they will let the community release the majority of whats not included in game.

BIS might release more, but I'm thinking they will let the community release the majority of whats not included in game.

That's the whole plan...lol.

Heatseeker: I agree on the Apache and Hind. Would have been nice, but we'll see.