Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

ArmA Photography

lol nice screens.. that G36 could be doing with a replacement, i mean a more detailed model and textures.

The great thing about ARMA is that you dont need to edit the pics to make them look good,.

Daniel @ Nov. 24 2006,16:37)]
Yeah a bit naff that one lol was trying to get a good pic but goes so quick - will have another go lol.

Ha, fair enough, good try. biggrin_o.gif So is that the full extent of the effect?

Here's one at night

lightip2.th.jpg

Doesn't look too good in the pic but in the game its pretty cool lighting up the sky.

just for comparison on how much the lightning lights up the area.

nolightnt0.th.jpg

Yeah a bit naff that one lol was trying to get a good pic but goes so quick - will have another go lol.

Ha, fair enough, good try. biggrin_o.gif So is that the full extent of the effect?

Here's one at night

[im]http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/1874/lightip2.th.jpg[/img]

Doesn't look too good in the pic but in the game its pretty cool lighting up the sky.

Shame those flashes aren't mapped on decal faces and thus not facing you. Seeing flash from the angle is bit... weird :P

Here's one at night

img]http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/1874/lightip2.th.jpg[/img]

Ah, there's some flash to it, awesome. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah like Malcolm said it is a wee bit weird the way you can see the texture at an angle, would probably look better billboard style.

Warming up of RACS forces:

duo_1.jpg

(from my new mission)

Yep, it's ingame animation - "TestROM".

@DodgyGeeza; I guess the windshield wasn't bulletproof as someone reported elsewhere? Thought that was one of the bugs

@DodgyGeeza; I guess the windshield wasn't bulletproof as someone reported elsewhere? Thought that was one of the bugs

The windshield didn't smash until the whole car blew up. Takes a good 3 shots to penetrate the glass.

the syntax is : object exec "script/or/function"

so you must type : this exec "camera.sqs"

Thx to all.

But now new question biggrin_o.gif

Can I pause the game and drive my camera around the scene?

And can I move the camera quicker (so far cam moves at walk speed, so it's long to bring it at interesting spots) ?

Maybe there are keyboard commands I dont know.

the syntax is : object exec "script/or/function"

so you must type : this exec "camera.sqs"

Thx to all.

But now new question biggrin_o.gif

Can I pause the game and drive my camera around the scene?

And can I move the camera quicker (so far cam moves at walk speed, so it's long to bring it at interesting spots) ?

Maybe there are keyboard commands I dont know.

Ro move quicker use Shift when pressing direction key.

i found in OFP if you want to move the cam real fast press W, E, L-Shift, R-Shift, Up Arrow Key altogether and the camera flys real fast.

init of a trigger "setacctime 0.001" or something like that  smile_o.gif

You mean placing a trigger and as soons as a unit enters within its radius, slowmo begins?

Ok, but can I accelerate/decelerate time on demand ?

Maybe mapping the setAcctime to keys?

Edit: Oh, and while I'm at it, how do i get the blurred effect ? My camera view is as clear as my player view.

Hmm, I thought that 'elsewhere' they were talking about the Hummer or some kind of military jeep, not the civ' car.

Make a few different triggers:

In the init field:

setAccTime 1

setAccTime .5

setAccTime .25

setAccTime .001

etc...

Set activation to repeatedly, and then find the dropdown box that has some commands like "Radio Alpha" "Radio Bravo" etc and then assign each trigger a different one. Then, when you go in game you can change time by pressing 0-0-1, 0-0-2, 0-0-3 etc... or at least that's how I did it in OFP...

Edit: I'm sure some of this info might be wrong, someone else can probably elaborate more if needed.

Nice trick thx blackdog smile_o.gif

But that works only in player view, so what is the command to return to camera view once the trigger activated?

And could you tell me how do I get the blurred effect?

My camera view is as clear as my player view.

Nice trick thx blackdog smile_o.gif

But that works only in player view, so what is the command to return to camera view once the trigger activated?

And could you tell me how do I get the blurred effect?

My camera view is as clear as my player view.

Put your settings on high and it will be automatic.

Or there is some script you can use to activate it. Cant remeber what it is though.