Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

EDIT: And about that firing sound. It has a pretty kool effects when you hear shooting at longer distance, I will capture that too with higher sound quality (the vids have mp3 compressed sound only)

What's that first sound 3 sec in to the video when they start firing (Shootout.avi) its sounds like one distance shot you can here in real warmovies.. donno how to explaine

It is supersonic crack created by a bullet passing by, you can hear it just before the rifle discharge. Its efect of realistic audio physics in ArmA.

Yeah, I will capture that stuff later on when I get home from work so you can hear it more clearly.

hey mate.. Could u please make a soldier go prone in the grass and then move away from him so far that the grass is not in the lod anymore. What happends then?

Moreso OFP:E,for those that had trouble distinguishing enemies from allies they had a red,green or white circle that was visible from a good distance and up close. Luckily on the veteran mode they didn't have this.

notice the green tag! arf arf arf!!!!

ARF! banghead.gifbanghead.gif

That is just cadet mode like in OFP AFAIK. icon_rolleyes.gif

the subject was:

we could see the tag in cadete mode but remember that soldier is behind that fence. so it shouldnt appear. it will be a cheat mode while using cadete mode.

im sure you will be able to track enemys (while leader) behind fences.

anyway: im glad that options can be disabled as the pic proved. smile_o.gif

hey mate.. Could u please make a soldier go prone in the grass and then move away from him so far that the grass is not in the lod anymore. What happends then?

Thats a good idea, i also curious.

the subject was:

we could see the tag in cadete mode but remember that soldier is behind that fence. so it shouldnt appear. it will be a cheat mode while using cadete mode.

Oh that,well if they made it so you could only see friendly tags up close that would solve that real quick.

Provided its even needed,I don't know about you guys but I like playing without tags,learning to recognize the enemy and allied vehicles and soldiers by visuals and knowledge of appearence rather than having its name tagged.

Infact I'm so into it that I personally train myself ofline to identify friend from foe from a distance incase I find myself in a helicopter or tank,I like to engage in distance,not up close. Its great because sometimes they think your hacking if they can't see you right infront of them.

the subject was:

Oh that,well if they made it so you could only see friendly tags up close that would solve that real quick.

Provided its even needed,I don't know about you guys but I like playing without tags,learning to recognize the enemy and allied vehicles and soldiers by visuals and knowledge of appearence rather than having its name tagged.

maybe who have the game should try the other way arround..

order ai to fire at you and lets see if ai can see through the fence or not. wink_o.gif

EDIT: And about that firing sound. It has a pretty kool effects when you hear shooting at longer distance, I will capture that too with higher sound quality (the vids have mp3 compressed sound only)

What's that first sound 3 sec in to the video when they start firing (Shootout.avi) its sounds like one distance shot you can here in real warmovies.. donno how to explaine

It is supersonic crack created by a bullet passing by, you can hear it just before the rifle discharge. Its efect of realistic audio physics in ArmA.

Yeah, I will capture that stuff later on when I get home from work so you can hear it more clearly.

Yes i have always wanted a game sound like that, just listen to this "Battlefield 2 Supersonic bullet crack sound mod", im not a BF2 fan but i like this soundmod.. I also want that "echo" sound from all firing weapons.. sounds very good in my ears http://video.google.com/videopl....c+crack

I hear you there Espectro. smile_o.gif

Myself and Frantic have both expressed a wish to see this in previous posts. Though I don't think I made myself as clear as Frantic and Yourself have as I was pretty Mullered when I wrote the request. crazy_o.gif

I'm very curious to see what this would be like.

Shadak or anyone else involved in making INFO-FILMS I think there are few people who would love to see what this is like. How does it look in 1st, 3rd person view and through scopes of varying kinds, as well as through the tactical commander view?

Thanks in advance

thumbs-up.gif

Few videos would be appreciated to see if the AI downfalls from OFP have been corrected. I will explain what I'm trying to find out with these scenarios.

Place player character near (50m) an elite squad of enemy AI so that there is a broad line of bushes between player and the enemy squad. Bushes shouldn't be near the player (so that he doesn't get any possible OFP style concealment bonus) but situated atleast 10 meters from player. Sidestep so you can see the enemy squad and shoot at them (probably killing few of them) so they clearly notice you (taking out their weapons, aiming you and/or lying down. Then run back behind the bushes, lie down and shoot all enemies that reveal themself from behind the bushes if you are still alive.

Why:

To see if the OFP targetting system is still in use. In OFP you would be killed with one accurate shot trough the bushes. This is because their "knowsabout" value would turn to maximum after player started shooting and the bush in between would not bring any consealment help to player. Knowsabout value seems to decrease too slowly when line of sight is lost.

Position yourself with a sniper rifle on a hill about 300 meters from the enemy squad. Equip the enemy with sniper rifles and machine guns so they have the ability to engage you in such distances. Move inside a bush so that you can still see the enemies. Now send your AI teammates running towards the enemies. The terrain should be very open between you and the enemy. Let your teammates close in the enemy and make sure they are not detected (observing enemies trough the scope). When teammates are about halfway to the enemies and still undetected reveal yourself by killing few of the enemies and observe how they react (who they target, you, concealed in the bush, or the squad close to them running in open terrain).

Why:

Again to see how the targetting system works. In OFP player would be targeted first over the AI teammates.

Make few friendly AI's engage twice as large enemy AI group. Enemy AI should be in safe mode (weapons on back) and at the beginning of firefight on plain view to all friendly AI."Camera" should be aimed mainly to the enemy AI.

Why:

To find out how AI seeks cover and responds and how well and fast AI can pick next target. In OFP AI didn't use cover all that well and usually took too much time to engage next target after a kill (even if there were other possible targets right next to the previous one in plain view).

Position yourself with a sniper rifle on a hill about 300 meters from the enemy squad. Equip the enemy with sniper rifles and machine guns so they have the ability to engage you in such distances. Move inside a bush so that you can still see the enemies. Now send your AI teammates running towards the enemies. The terrain should be very open between you and the enemy. Let your teammates close in the enemy and make sure they are not detected (observing enemies trough the scope). When teammates are about halfway to the enemies and still undetected reveal yourself by killing few of the enemies and observe how they react (who they target, you, concealed in the bush, or the squad close to them running in open terrain).

Why:

Again to see how the targetting system works. In OFP player would be targeted first over the AI teammates.

This one depends on many variables, to mention some maximum engagement range and threat potential.

If you as sniper are beyond their max engagement range they would just engage the soldiers in range. Workaround for this one could be to add some snipers to the opposing team (assuming snipers on both sides have similar engagement ranges).

Regarding the potential threat, it was multiple times stated that the enemy engages bigger threats first - so most likely would engage a sniper over a normal rifleman. Could probably be solved if the advancing squad had MGs or snipers. Anyway, this seems to be a fairly realistic target selection to me - if they know that an enemy killed multiple teammates  it would be natural to concentrate on that target. So better do not outperform your team too much  tounge2.gif

Yes please turn the AI up to Elite on the next vid Shadak! We really want to see what the AI is capable of!

Quote[/b] ]So better do not outperform your team too much

Ahh. That´s why I get killed that often smile_o.gif

Just a quick question:

If you killed some enemies, does the players rating alter ?

And what will be even more interesting:

Is this rating transported during a mission, means that

new AI unit that spots you somewhere later in the mission

gets you automatically with a higher threat status and concentrates on you ?

If they kept that system AI in Arma longrun missions would be running around with superhate on you crazy_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Yes please turn the AI up to Elite on the next vid Shadak! We really want to see what the AI is capable of!

Yep, hopefully I will have some time 2nite. My girlfriend is constantly nagging or trying to chat with me while I mess around with editor so I cant focus:)

Hey Shadak. Nice vids!

Perhaps i missed things but is there a vid of interiors? I would like to know/see how one can move inside buildings/stairs and shoot thru windows and stuff.

So interiors as player, and perhaps AI inside buildings as well (or your AI teammates following you up to the roof or something)

Tia!

--- Max

My girlfriend is constantly nagging or trying to chat with me while I mess around with editor so I cant focus:)

A girlfriend AND ArmA ... some guys have it all i guess:)

Yes i have always wanted a game sound like that, just listen to this "Battlefield 2 Supersonic bullet crack sound mod", im not a BF2 fan but i like this soundmod.. I also want that "echo" sound from all firing weapons.. sounds very good in my ears http://video.google.com/videopl....c+crack

BF2 mod thing sounds bit overdone compared to the real thing.. Here's the real thing - some guy just took camera out to range and shot at it smile_o.gif

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8309992055555328231

BF2 mod thing sounds bit overdone compared to the real thing.. Here's the real thing - some guy just took camera out to range and shot at it smile_o.gif

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8309992055555328231

i have to agree.. i loved those burstfire in that range movie notworthy.gif

My girlfriend is constantly nagging or trying to chat with me while I mess around with editor so I cant focus:)

Thats all a man needs in life, to compete his life biggrin_o.gif

You forgot about the tree tounge2.gif

This one depends on many variables, to mention some maximum engagement range and threat potential.

If you as sniper are beyond their max engagement range they would just engage the soldiers in range. Workaround for this one could be to add some snipers to the opposing team (assuming snipers on both sides have similar engagement ranges).

Yes I suggested giving sniper rifles and/or machine guns to the enemy although I'm hoping weapon based maximum engagement range would be fixed to be more realistic.

if they know that an enemy killed multiple teammates it would be natural to concentrate on that target. So better do not outperform your team too much

It would seem logical if they would automatically know where they were fired upon and by who (sniper). Disregarding a squad which is about to run you over just to concentrate on one enemy far away just because he fired first is not natural. Trying not to outperform your team and wait for them to shoot first (forcing enemy to lock them as targets) makes the game feel very artificial in the long run. The question is can AI give up it's current target and choose another more treathening one or does it stick with the one it chooses no matter what. Realistically, after player fires his rifle enemy AI should scan for that direction, notice the incoming squad and shoot at them. Targetting player at this point should be possible, but very unlikely (AI luckily spots player (or the muzzle flash) in the bush and decides to target him).

You forgot about the tree tounge2.gif

ANd the sheep rofl.gif

I suppose if the AI can be altered, the AI that pulled out the binocs in that vid could have the FSM altered to if enemy <100m no to binocs. (I hope)

After watching the Battle scene with the civilian (from the videos on armedassault.eu), I was surprised that the tanks didn't attack the helicopters in the air with their Commanders MG's. That's what they are there for right? confused_o.gif

I did love watching the AI fly the Helicopters above the battle though, they were a lot more elegant than the user controlled one in the other video's (but I guess it's all to do with getting used to the new flight model).