Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Here's a mirror of all recent videos, among them four new ones from a German board:

http://armed-assault.net/news/user-videos.html

That link doesnt work.

I like 4 new vids, please record more that kind of vids, short movies showing diferent aspects of the game.Could someone please record smoke and frag nades in action ?

Some gameplay vids I got off a forum smile_o.gif

Someone please mirror them because my host (MSN.ee) doesn't allow a lot of traffic. Thanks smile_o.gif

Np.

Armaholic.com is hosting those videos now aswell.

smile_o.gif

Could someone upload these on YouTube or GoogleVideo? For some reason everything I watch in WMP is too dark.  sad_o.gif

Why dont you try VLC media player? If I have problems with any videos I can almost always watch them correctly with this program.

Here's a mirror of all recent videos, among them four new ones from a German board:

http://armed-assault.net/news/user-videos.html

That link doesnt work.

I like 4 new vids, please record more that kind of vids, short movies showing diferent aspects of the game.Could someone please record smoke and frag nades in action ?

Does work now. Thanks for the hint.

The helicopter control looks like it's much more realistic compared to Elite. Everything looks beautiful on a good PC. smile_o.gif

Another one showing an Abrams tank blowing up some NS tanks. BTW, this one and all the previous vids I posted were made by a guy named shadak. So no need to credit me when postin' em up somewhere, I'm just hosting them wink_o.gif

Here

PS shadak's specs: X2 4600+ (slightly OC'd) , 2GB RAM , Gf7950GX2 1GB VRAM

It runs pretty well 1280x1024 with 2xFSAA on highest details except shadows which he left on medium.

hehe, I made these vids.

I can make some more since its not out in some countries yet If someone wants to see particular vehicles/soldiers in action.

Hi Shadak, I'd like to see more swimming pictures/movies, how the boat behaves and how the sea is affected by the weather (storm, etc.).

Hey Shadak,

I would really really appreciate it if you could make some videos of AI behaviour.

Check page 3 of this thread for some AI situations I would love to see smile_o.gif .

On that note. Can you level a whole town with a tank platoon?

That would be awful

Hey Shadak - any chance you could give us some indication of your frame rate please?

Id Love to see some light vehicles like cars etc being torn up by machine gun fire smile_o.gif

Also The miniguns in the blackhawk firing just to see if the guys stands hold it at all angles wink_o.gif

Don't suppose you could show what if any VTOL capabilities the Harrier has?

Would be much appreciated. smile_o.gif

Hey Shadak,

I would really appreciate it if you could make a video showing how the grass works. There was discussion as to how it would work when it was only displayed around the player only (to a distance of 100 meters or something, this is a guess! ).

If you have soldiers in grass in the distance does it provide some kind of cover?

I hope you know what I am talking about, I'm really hungover today... crazy_o.gif

Also like [CAS] Daniel said, the VTOL feature (if any) on the harrier

thumbs-up.gif

Hi Shadek

I really wana see the sheep and bunnies thumbs-up.gif ... oh and do the sheep bleet when shot biggrin_o.gif

Many thanks for your offer Shadek, most generous.

All the best

Jasoooon

I agree with lwlooz.. The new AI is what I have been waiting for most of all.

How does the AI behave if they are being fire upon inside a town? Will they get prone on the street or will they find hard cover? Will they try to find and take out the target or will they just forget about it after a while? Will they try to approach the target by using the ground and buildings as cover? Will the enemies on the other side of a village behave as nothing has happened if you open fire on the other side or will they move to investigate it?

Hi Shadek!

I would also want to see AI in action.

Could you for example make some ambush situation in the editor. Take a half squad of AI with you and give the enemy a whole squad (or just twice as much men). Give your men DANGER (or a command that makes them crawl) as combat mode and HOLD FIRE command, and then position them ready for the ambush. Put enemy AI in Safe mode and let them walK towards your squad or let them just stand there. Enemy units should all be visible to your AI teammates, but there should be lots of cover nearby (buildings, vechiles, stone walls etc.). So maybe town street would be good place for the enemy AI. Finally just "film" (don't engage yourself) enemy AI behaviour when you issue the fire at will command.

There doesn't seem to be this type of footage picturing actual firefight and AI behaviour (except for some very short cuts).

If you have soldiers in grass in the distance does it provide some kind of cover?

Yeah place a soldier next to u in high grass, let him lay on his belly and then move away from him with ur view at him.

So we can see what will happen if the grass dissapears.

xmas_o.gif

I would like to see the AI aswel.

Both in open terrain and in urban combat.

Place 2 squads and let them run into eachother, place yourself as an civilian and film it wink_o.gif

Shadak - let me know if you need hosting for any media, we can upload and post to www.armedassault.eu

Hi Shadek!

I would also want to see AI in action.

Could you for example make some ambush situation in the editor. Take a half squad of AI with you and give the enemy a whole squad (or just twice as much men). Give your men DANGER (or a command that makes them crawl) as combat mode and HOLD FIRE command, and then position them ready for the ambush. Put enemy AI in Safe mode and let them walK towards your squad or let them just stand there. Enemy units should all be visible to your AI teammates, but there should be lots of cover nearby (buildings, vechiles, stone walls etc.). So maybe town street would be good place for the enemy AI. Finally just "film" (don't engage yourself) enemy AI behaviour when you issue the fire at will command.

There doesn't seem to be this type of footage picturing actual firefight and AI behaviour (except for some very short cuts).

Alright I'll try to mess around with the editor and upload some footage AI fights, light vehicles etc. Need to do some work stuff first sad_o.gif So it might tak an hour or so until i post links smile_o.gif

Instead of movies, someone should create some sort of live stream of his screen 24/7, so we could all see it in live action... Don't want to think about the required hardware and bandwith though crazy_o.gif