Sign in to follow this  
rµm

Faces / Uniforms

well i have nvidia, ingame the jpg just gets brightened a lot

my first try at the ingame face turned out white ingame while it where the original shot colours and i didn't use a cheap camera or wrong settings. My real skin colour in photoshop turned out as sheet white in the game. Now I finally have managed to get my face ingame as a normal colour, but seeing it in photoshop it really looks weird at first

Ah. Well... it looks like i was mistaken. Anyway, i'm now using 512x256 PAA instead. Has 85KB and i don't have that brightness problem. But on the other hand the face isn't so hi res.

We can't by chance have a release of a face texture with the green gloves on them can we?

We can't by chance have a release of a face texture with the green gloves on them can we?

There isn't such texture in the game. Gloves on characters are placed on equipment texture. So if you want one, somebody has to make it first tounge2.gif

huh..can't say I had expected that,can we by chance get an image of what these gloves look like or can you by chance PM one to me? I would really like a reference.

huh..can't say I had expected that,can we by chance get an image of what these gloves look like or can you by chance PM one to me? I would really like a reference.

The original texture is nice but the fingers are "spread" around the texture.

So to get it onto an ArmA face you have to convert one of those **_**_hat_hands.paa files you'll find in the characters.pbo to tga. Then copy the hands to your face.jpg and then align the fingers.

I may give it a try some time soon although I made myself a face.jpg with a different pair of green gloves from scratch. (that was before I knew where to find the BIS nomex gloves texture)

I'll give you a hint, nothing to do with the camera scripts, but it works.

Grab an ACOG, go to optics, then go directly to command view. This bug works wonders if you want to take pics of your face.

Wow, thank you

*edit*

Ugly right now, still very much WIP

armaface1vz2.jpg

Though, considering what I have to work with,there probably isn't much I can do about the "ugly" bit. Lacking a functional camera I can't do any around the head shots right now.

21oct06dik5.jpg

Ah. Well... it looks like i was mistaken. Anyway, i'm now using 512x256 PAA instead. Has 85KB and i don't have that brightness problem. But on the other hand the face isn't so hi res.

I also have that same problem of my skin tone being ghost white. How come all other faces/skin tones in game look correct, but a custom has incorrect brightness? What format did BIS save the other faces as? Is PAA my only option? If so, what program do you have to use?

@Cavicula:

You're in-game face strongly reminds me of Evan Jones (The guy on the far right on this wallpaper) in Jarhead. biggrin_o.gif

@Cavicula:

You're in-game face strongly reminds me of Evan Jones (The guy on the far right on this wallpaper) in Jarhead.  biggrin_o.gif

lol, yeah, it's still highly work in progress of course. The nose and mouth just aren't lining up right.

Well, I just did a quick test in OFP and my custom face is the correct brightness. So, why would my custom face for Armed Assault (both are jpg's) be ghost white?

Any ideas? Is there a work around?

Well, I just did a quick test in OFP and my custom face is the correct brightness. So, why would my custom face for Armed Assault (both are jpg's) be ghost white?

Any ideas? Is there a work around?

It seem to be a ATI and Arma JPG rendering issues. The only fix is to use a custom face in .PAA format. But it is heavyer than a jpg and you will have to scale down your face to stay under the 96 KB.

You must have Photoshop and kegetys PPA pluging :

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=55201

Thx, I just tried it out and it works. Sadly, it looks really bad with such a low resolution. At least now I can work on it and test it out, but hopefully BIS can fix this issue in a future patch.

I just darkened the face in photoshop to have it look good ingame.

Darkening a face isn't that big a problem, you don't lose to much information in the image and you can keep the quality up smile_o.gif

I'm too lazy to paste my final version atm, but I promise it will be shown here smile_o.gif Just can't say it's 100% my face any more, copied the hairlines from BIS faces also used the nose textures and the mouth as guidelines to have everything look good ingame... somehow couldn't fix it by just aligning with the wireframe

I just darkened the face in photoshop to have it look good ingame.

Darkening a face isn't that big a problem, you don't lose to much information in the image and you can keep the quality up smile_o.gif

I'm too lazy to paste my final version atm, but I promise it will be shown here smile_o.gif Just can't say it's 100% my face any more, copied the hairlines from BIS faces also used the nose textures and the mouth as guidelines to have everything look good ingame... somehow couldn't fix it by just aligning with the wireframe

People with NVIDIA will see your face very very dark then.

as you can see at the date, it's really old version and ingame nothing is in the correct place, and well... ghost have been darker ingame.

I made photo's of every part that I needed, copy and pasted a lot in photoshop and tried to make it look good, it actually does look not to bad, but ingame it's crap, latest version finally looks good for most parts.

some photoshop skills are required though, it's hard to have al the pictures correct with basic tools and techniques

edit: okay just thought this might be usefull to show

faces.jpg

the left photo is one i used to create the face, the right is just so it's a bit easier to compare i guess, a friend said he did recognise my eyes in it.

If your custom face.jpg that you posted above is what you used to get the results on the picture to the right in game, consider yourself lucky.

For me, even the template that placebo posted a while back turns the skin color white in game. It's as if you were to brighten up the picture by 100+% in photoshop to get this result.

Please BIS, get a fix for this.

armatemplateingametu1.jpg

My first guess would be that your file is too big.

AFAIK the limit for a face texture to be shown ingame is about 100k (or 96..?) So if you compress your jpg a little you should be fine!

My first guess would be that your file is too big.

AFAIK the limit for a face texture to be shown ingame is about 100k (or 96..?) So if you compress your jpg a little you should be fine!

No, thats the limit for the face if you want to use them online.

I have several faces that even are over 300kb and I use them all the time (but I only play offline smile_o.gif )