Sign in to follow this  
rµm

Faces / Uniforms

Hi,

I finished my camo-facepack today and hope this is the right thread to post it, have fun.

It contains 13 Faces.

facepackwh5.th.jpg

Download

Hi,

I finished my camo-facepack today and hope this is the right thread to post it, have fun.

It contains 13 Faces.

nice man, thanks!

is it possible, that you also upload each jpg, i mean not bonded in one pbo, that i may steal some of your body parts for my own creations?

Quote[/b] ]nice man, thanks!

is it possible, that you also upload each jpg, i mean not bonded in one pbo, that i may steal some of your body parts for my own creations?

Sure, but they´re very simple, just a hole for the eyes in each face. smile_o.gif

All faces in JPG

Sure, but they´re very simple, just a hole for the eyes in each face.  smile_o.gif

big thanks, you have some cool textures included

An accurate representation of my face after playing ArmA

facefacely4.jpg

faceface2cv8.jpg

1024x1024 reasonably low compression and it ends up about 77kb with progressive encoding. Making the top left and top right boxes just 1 solid colour (top right is unused) helps bring the filesize down and is certainly a lot sharper than 512x512 with less compression.

Would it be too much to ask for a PSD or the uniforms? one that has a wire and some wrinkles? it would make retexturing a breeze! xmas_o.gif

Hello everybody....

I would like to know how to place custom faces to diferent units not just my own unit.

Is it possible to set an identity for that purpose???

Ok, this is what i want to do...

I have three characters with a leading role in my stories.

A is the one controlled by the player

B is the commander, and

C is the badass enemy...

I want the the three of them to have different and special faces, not the ones contained in the game.

If I have a "myself.jpg", "commander.jpg" and "enemy.jpg" as A,B and C faces.... could the code below work???

class CfgIdentities

{

class commander

{

name="John Bartholemew Doe";

face="commander.jpg";

glasses="None";

speaker="Dan";

pitch=1.1;

};

};

...and so on with the rest of the characters?huh.gif

sorry to bump this, but has anyone found out why it brightens the hell out of the face ingame?

Any info would be great, a fix would be god-ly...

sorry to bump this, but has anyone found out why it brightens the hell out of the face ingame?

Any info would be great, a fix would be god-ly...

Yup, this is caused by ATI card.

The workaround is to use the .PAA format instead of .JPG

-con : Have mimap level, so your head does not turn black on distance to other players, appear with the good brightness.

-Bad : a lot heavyer than jpg so your face texture will be small and not much detailed.

(both .paa & .jpg doesn't be much than 100 Ko)

Thanks, how can a create the mimap level? And for non Ati cards you dont need the .paa correct?

Thanks, how can a create the mimap level? And for non Ati cards you dont need the .paa correct?

I think you could use the Text2view recently released. There is an option to generate the mipmap.

And yes te .PAA is sent like the .jpg to other players, even non ATI owner (.paa is ArmA texture format).