Sign in to follow this  
rµm

Faces / Uniforms

Wow more stuff to personlize! Gonna have a photo shoot soon! biggrin_o.gif

About the tats, you made me happy with that idea, but I see no upper arm so too bad sad_o.gif :P

Is the red box a blood texture or something? Hope so finally I can show of my blue blood tounge2.gif

The nose is some sort of artwork with the 3 sides merged into 1 :P

LoL just imagine all the crazy shit you'll see in multiplayer. People will start painting their nails on hands and feet lol.

damn thats really high tech stuff imo! biggrin_o.gif

like omg , i could have white leggs and sun tanned arms like irl biggrin_o.gif

Just to clarify the file should be called face.jpg when used in ArmA as your custom face, I had to name it ArmA_face.jpg to avoid clashing with an existing filename on the free image hoster I used smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif Well I love this "gift" it's a start to the costumisation of ArmA biggrin_o.gif

To bad I have to wait at least one more month before I can see it ingame.

How big is the change that in 3 days someone will be able to create an ingame screenshot for me how my face looks? whistle.gif

smile_o.gif Well I love this "gift" it's a start to the costumisation of ArmA biggrin_o.gif

How big is the change that in 3 days someone will be able to create an ingame screenshot for me how my face looks? whistle.gif

The actual face texture is just like the one in VBS1 so if you have it you can test it ingame and later easily modify it to the ArmA format.

I also believe that the top right fingers are just remains of the VBS1 textures and not actually used in ArmA.

The actual face texture is just like the one in VBS1 so if you have it you can test it ingame and later easily modify it to the ArmA format.

I also believe that the top right fingers are just remains of the VBS1 textures and not actually used in ArmA.

Not entirely, the ears are moved and the hands are also placed diffrently.

@Placebo: what is the upper left square ? icon_rolleyes.gif

The ArmA face it indeed different then the VBS one (leg/arms etc). Not compatible, only the face/eyes etc are identical, but in a different place.

Anyway, nice to get the face template already. I know i will be updating mine very soon.

Info on the red square on the top-left corner would be appreciated.

It can indeed be blood, but it is a bit pointless imho.

For a seconde i thought it was Jennys magical idea whistle.gif (sorry Jenny, i like your idea so much wink_o.gif ). Still wish it is whistle.gif but i daught it...

yeah that's what i thought also

and anyone any idea why that hand texture is placed there extra?

I know how that UVW mapping thing works so you'll have extra empty spaces, but I just want to know what every thing is for smile_o.gif

The ArmA face it indeed different then the VBS one (leg/arms etc). Not compatible, only the face/eyes etc are identical, but in a different place.

Anyway, nice to get the face template already. I know i will be updating mine very soon.

Info on the red square on the top-left corner would be appreciated.

It can indeed be blood, but it is a bit pointless imho.

For a seconde i thought it was Jennys magical idea  whistle.gif (sorry Jenny, i like your idea so much  wink_o.gif ). Still wish it is  whistle.gif  but i daught it...

I didn't say that the textures are identical. What I said is that the face part is identical. All you need to do if you want to port a VBS1 face to ArmA is copy and paste. So I'll stick to what I said. If you wanna test your new ArmA face then you can do it in VBS1. When you're happy with the result you just copy and paste it into the bigger ArmA texture.

@paragraphic l

Hand texture is placed there extra?! The hand/finger textures in the upper right corner are unimportant. They've simply copied the VBS1 textures but haven't bothered removing the old hand part.

Yeah your right Llauma. Well, what Llauma wants to say (i guess), is you need to 'use' the VBS face texture, edit the face there and after you checked it in VBS (if you have it) you can past it over the arma face with some rescaling as i just noticed. but all a bit pointless i guess...the game/demo will be there soon anyway wink_o.gif .

Is it me or is that provided ArmA face very bad of quality and colour? Looks like the caracter is been beaten up alot or has a mayor hang-over. Ohwell, at least we have a template to work on...

I wonder if the hands are properly mapped in ArmA. As i used to make a nice attempt for custom handgloves, but ingame (VBS) it looked s***t.

Last thingy, do the old rules of face.jpeg size (+-96kb) still stand for MP?

ah. I haven't been in the OFP face customization screen for years. Thanks for the reminder.

My gosh - who can forget that interface? Or, more specifically, the phrase that your chosen voice parameters are tested with?

"I SAY AGAIN!"

That phrase will haunt me until the day I die. smile_o.gif

"I SAY AGAIN!"

Too funny.

Bob.

haha please do, that was the hardest part to get right. Had to make those shots with timer because well, i made the shots at 02.00am and am the only one in the house who knows how to use my camera :P

But I have NO idea how the hair will look like ingame

Last thingy, do the old rules of face.jpeg size (+-96kb) still stand for MP?

Good point.

If i remember well, most of the OFP servers already limited the "acceptable" weight in ko/kb a face.jpg could be for a player to be allowed on the server (on some it was 40ko or less max) to reduce the loading time before the game could really begin (as everyone was uploading/downloading each other user faces, in cti with lots of players it could take time according to people connections).

With a now 1024x1024 texture coupled with the JIP feature (meaning that everyone will have to download the new 1024x1024 file during the game instead of just in the beginning like in OFP) and the improved network code that should then allow more player for the same bandwidth, i can already imagine most of the servers not allowing custom faces.

Wow well with the save for web function in photoshop, you could get the same quality of normal save with lower filesize, offcourse there is some loss of quality but nothing notiseble. I just tryed it on this template on JPEG Quality 30 wich is Medium and I still had 109kb filesize this is the lowest I would go because of 'notiseblility' but JPEG 10 isn't that bad on screen i guess but 67kb is still more than 40kb as you posted.

Let's hope the net code is improved that much that my JPEG 100 800kb face still isn't that high on bandwith. That times all in server 64+ well lets hope the streaming software does it work:)

Just hope I won't be seeing/having those white faces. And when you are not allowed to have costum faces, it should be mentioned somewhere BEFORE you try to join that server

Edit: Calculators are great!

64 player * 800kb (max face size) = 51,2 MB

64 player * 109kb (av face size) = 7 MB

64 player * 67kb (mix face size) = 4,3 MB

well if I didn't mess this up, 1.000kb is 1MB right?

(and sizes used are from earlier in the post offcourse)

Wow well with the save for web function in photoshop, you could get the same quality of normal save with lower filesize, offcourse there is some loss of quality but nothing notiseble. I just tryed it on this template on JPEG Quality 30 wich is Medium and I still had 109kb filesize this is the lowest I would go because of 'notiseblility' but JPEG 10 isn't that bad on screen i guess but 67kb is still more than 40kb as you posted.

Let's hope the net code is improved that much that my JPEG 100 800kb face still isn't that high on bandwith. That times all in server 64+ well lets hope the streaming software does it work:)

Just hope I won't be seeing/having those white faces. And when you are not allowed to have costum faces, it should be mentioned somewhere BEFORE you try to join that server

Edit: Calculators are great!

64 player * 800kb (max face size) = 51,2 MB

64 player * 109kb (av face size) = 7 MB

64 player * 67kb (mix face size) = 4,3 MB

well if I didn't mess this up, 1.000kb is 1MB right?

(and sizes used are from earlier in the post offcourse)

Just to be the factual wrench in your wheel of math - one MB is 1024 kb.... Have fun!

- dRb

Hehehe, yeah just found that out.

But hey this symbol is handy: (place here the mathemathic(sp?) symbol for "around" )

and it's more about seeing how big the dataload may become but this al means nothing without the knowledge of how the netcode will work and such. smile_o.gif

Keep in mind that nothing unallow you to use 512x512 or less for the face.jpg resolution, and then you can still have a decent 1024x1024 jpg for 100ko.

Just to make everyone happy - here is the PSD with wireframe of the ArmA face smile_o.gif

Resized image of it:

face_wire.jpg

Enjoy!