Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Anyone knows what copy protection 505 uses?

Try asking 505, they're the ones who will decide.

i dont know if that's just a standard reply but shouldnt BIS know what protection their game is going to the shelf with ? wow_o.gif and if BIS dont know yet, it can be assumed 505 havn't decided, which means asking 505 is pointless.

or have i missed something here ?

edit: sorry to jump on every mention of a copy protection scheme, but its *really* important to me :-)

I'm starting to feel like I'm being deliberately ignored. sad_o.gif

People get ignored, whether deliberately or not, it happens. Posting on a public forum automatically involves the risk of being ignored. If you have something you want to ask Placebo specifically, you should PM him. This is the best way to get an answer from a specific person, and if you do this I bet there would be no way Placebo could miss it.

You are, you ask a question that it's impossible to answer, it's a pit of doom type question.

You are, you ask a question that it's impossible to answer, it's a pit of doom type question.

I knew it was tough. I was curious to see if you guys had a brilliant answer that was less than obvious. I suppose in absence of what to do, I at least can revel in that I, once again, speedily identify the "pit of doom" and climb in blissfully and without hesitation.

Thanks for letting me know that the question is in the "things we pretend weren't asked" pile. whistle.gif

Have a nice day!

Nin

Attention! Fellow American OFP fans!

Those of you who have not yet heard, there is an ArmA "cure" for what ails you. You don't have to wait for ArmA to be published by some North American publisher. Based on a reply that I read on the BIS forum, here is what you can do:

1) Go on Ebay <snipped>

4) While you're waiting for it to arrive, look on a BIS ArmA CZ website for the CZ v.1.01 patch and download it.

5) Then look for the "6th Sense" website and download their free CZ to English language patch, v.08

6) When your Arma DVD game disk arrives, intall it following the directions (which are, of course in CZ)

7) Then install the BIS ArmA upgrade patch v1.01

8) Then install the "6th sense" english language patch v.08 (follow their instructions to the letter)

9) After rebooting you will be playing a full english version of Arma that is flawless.

10) No! I do not know the Ebay seller, but he served me well. This post is meant to help my fellow Americans (and Canadians) who might be waiting until retirement for an American release.

If you want to play ArmA in english, don't whine or wait. Move out, troops! Then you can say: Merry Christmas to me! xmas_o.gif

Hm...as much as I may want the game,I'm not going to spend 70$ on it to somebody OTHER then the company that made it. Its a noble idea,for most,cept the one that is obviously on it for the cash [lack of "buy it now" thing there]

Besides,I'v heard alot of griping and I find it hilarious to be honest due to the reason they do so. They want the game to be on highest graphics and yet cry because their 128mb card cannot run it too well.

That said,I don't want to join them,as much as I would not mind playing most games at completely low details,Armed Assault is not one of those games that I could allow to be done so,so while I wait I save up to upgrade from a 128mb card to a 512mb card,no need for too much else other then processor,2gb of ram should do it. Another plus of waiting is that I'll get a more updated and patched version [waiting for UK release],though I must admit,it would be funny to see a Ural flipping when it hits a mountain or hill in person. Plus number two is that tools would take less time. I don't expect them to come out in the very first month or same year for that matter [2006]. As much as I would love to have it,I wouldn't want to view it in anything other then its purest form of beauty,and there are more plusses in waiting then jumping onto a website and buying it somebody. When I buy it,I want the money to go to those responsible for producing the game.

Attention! Fellow American OFP fans!

Those of you who have not yet heard, there is an ArmA "cure" for what ails you. You don't have to wait for ArmA to be published by some North American publisher. Based on a reply that I read on the BIS forum, here is what you can do:

1) Go on Ebay a

(My copy of ArmA took 11 days to arrive in Michigan from CZ)

4) While you're waiting for it to arrive, look on a BIS ArmA CZ website for the CZ v.1.01 patch and download it.

5) Then look for the "6th Sense" website and download their free CZ to English language patch, v.08

6) When your Arma DVD game disk arrives, intall it following the directions (which are, of course in CZ)

7) Then install the BIS ArmA upgrade patch v1.01

8) Then install the "6th sense" english language patch v.08 (follow their instructions to the letter)

9) After rebooting you will be playing a full english version of Arma that is flawless.

10) No! I do not know the Ebay seller, but he served me well. This post is meant to help my fellow Americans (and Canadians) who might be waiting until retirement for an American release.

If you want to play ArmA in english, don't whine or wait. Move out, troops! Then you can say: Merry Christmas to me! xmas_o.gif

Or you could get it from http://www.sprocketidea.com at a normal price. icon_rolleyes.gif

Buying from Ebay at that price is just stupid. Amazon.de also sell it at a normal price.

Is that actually $39.86? Man thats cheaper then I thought it would be,and if thats how it really is then yes I agree with you about the ebay thing.

Please do not link or otherwise post ways to find ArmA for sale from people who are not official game sellers who can have their authenticity validated.

For buyers that need english the version, I suggest buying @Sprocket, because you can get the game from your computer!

English distribution for a Czech language v1.01 wink_o.gif sickboy notworthy.gif

Sit right there in the comfy chair, push a few buttons, and have ArmA installed.

Its just too easy for excuses. claps.gif

Anyone knows what copy protection 505 uses?

Try asking 505, they're the ones who will decide.

505 never replied to either of my messages which I sent ages ago huh.gif .

I have been waiting for this game for some time, it looks like i will have to buy the Germany or Czech version. Because 505 Games don't have the game list on their website, are their still going to Publish the game? or can wait and see if uk version is add to Sprocket website.

It would be nice if BIS gave us more information on what is happing .

I have been waiting for this game for some time, it looks like i will have to buy the Germany or Czech version. Because 505 Games don't have the game list on their website, are their still going to Publish the game? or can wait and see if uk version is add to Sprocket website.

It would be nice if BIS gave us more information on what is happing .

February 17 is what they said.

I have seen many different release date of ArmA.

I think if 505 was going to release ArmA on the February 17, It would be on their website.

I have seen many different release date of ArmA.

I think if 505 was going to release ArmA on the February 17, It would be on their website.

The many release dates are because of many different publishers for different areas.

505 sent out an email to some people with the release date, look on http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/ and http://www.armedassault.org/.

The one says the 16th, but the 17th was mentioned more often.

<snip>

<snip>

When you say "playing full english version," do you mean that all menus AND audio are in English?

Also, someone should update the first post of this thread, to include info on Sprocket.

<snip>

<snip>

When you say "playing full english version," do you mean that all menus AND audio are in English?

Also, someone should update the first post of this thread, to include info on Sprocket.

All of the text is in English and the only audio that's still in a foreign language is the reporter during a few of the cutscenes in the campaign. But there are subtitles (which would be in English).

- dRb

Yes, exactly.

If you buy either the german version or the czech version you can use a community released patcher to change the game to english.

use the search on this forum for the "language patcher" and you will find it.

505 has announced that their version will hit the shelfs in february 2007. So I guess this is what they are aiming for.

Some people said the game is not on their site? Well it is now:

http://505games.co.uk/products.htm?con=PC

I think the first post should be updated to include the new feb 16th 505 release.

does this cover places like australia and south africa??? i ask because im not sure if there is a difference between the uk release, western europe release and 'global' release

does this cover places like australia and south africa??? i ask because im not sure if there is a difference between the uk release, western europe release and 'global' release

AFAIK, all 505 versions will be released at the same time... wink_o.gif

Also also wik, someone should update the first post of this thread, to include info on the demo coming out today, hopefully with some non-fileplanet links smile_o.gif

(Or, a fileplanet link for non-paid subscribers will do...)

Bob.

Info updated with the online systems available and several mirrors for the demo smile_o.gif

Info updated with the online systems available and several mirrors for the demo smile_o.gif

Fileplanet is "live"