Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

There is an english translation made by sickboy, to turn the game into english smile_o.gif

Or wait until February, ArmA will be released in a lot of countries in English. February is a long time though for a game with a lot of beauty.

To tell you the truth Ronin, I couldn't debate politically with the guys in the America's Army forums (of whom 80% are American) as I could here on offtopic. They always wanted to win and usually showed 0 respect for my opinion (Freedom of Speech, anyone?). Also, I have been getting alot more respect from international (and Americans) players here then I did from my fellow Americans in the AA forums.

Edit: Boy...All that I mentioned just goes to show a big community difference... confused_o.gif

Note that I was an avid America's Army gamer and forum regular for 3 years after I quit OFP, now I am back here again biggrin_o.gif

Ack, Lilwillie, Zelda and Mario are Japanese. And have respect for John Carmack's work, the guy is literally a genius...and whoever made the Unreal and Source engine from which many many great games/MODs derived from...

Ceetah - Yeah February is real pain I can`t wait so long but I have to, since I want this Game with english language.

MAA - So we are all comming backuh? All the old OFP Gamers. I can`t wait to make maps again. I made a map series called Swordfish I-III and I am really looking forward to the new graphics and the modern equipment... yay.gif

Ack, Lilwillie, Zelda and Mario are Japanese. And have respect for John Carmack's work, the guy is literally a genius...and whoever made the Unreal and Source engine from which many many great games/MODs derived from...

What I was shooting for in my post was to show the gaming market in America seems follow a narrow path. I was speaking of the Publishers who look for the market value first and formost. Which they should since profit isn't a evil word. They know another Zelda will sell, at least hope it will. Even if it may be crap. Put out the same games redone a tad and call them "All new with new features" or whatever they do.

The originals where ground breaking, some after not so bad. But they are riding that horse to death. They could come up with a new idea now and again. Which does happen. I just get frustrated seeing eye-candy with games on the shelf and nothing that really makes "me" think I will be addicting to it for 5 years as with OFP.

As with the Unreal and Source engines. People took them and rode off doing unique ideas. Instead of just remakes of the same idea.

Right now with Arma, I think once it shows that it sells, and that a profit can be made a American publisher will scoop it up. When some sales numbers start sliding across desks someone will smack their head and say "why didn't we sign with them after E3"

At least I hope biggrin_o.gif

LilWillie:

I see what you mean now. Especially comparing OFP's ingenuity and innovation with others.

Yeah February is real pain I can`t wait so long but I have to, since I want this Game with english language.

Link for translation: Click

Why is everyone saying it will be Feb. its could be Jan.

Why is everyone saying it will be Feb. its could be Jan.

Because 505 said in an interview that it might be out by Feb.

The game being released piecmeal is because the game is beta testing right now. By the time it comes to the English speaking world it will be at least at version 1.20, just like OFP. .

The largest market is the US (please no debate) and of course BIS wants the game there but the reason why it will be last is so all the bugs can be ironed. I have no problem with that.

--Ben

Sprocket
Quote[/b] ]Upcoming ProductsThese items will be in stock soon Item Name Date Expected

ArmA: Armed Assault 12/08/2006

Good news smile_o.gif .

As an American i would like to say a few things , I know my country is not popular right now, and probably will never be popular ,, i think it has alot to do with the growing leftist liberal thinking in my country that , has us go screw with other countries and then not have the balls to finish the job, history shows that going to war does not make other countries hate you,, but just screwing with them and leaving that bothers people , most of us do not think this way , but our media is totally evil and is brainwashing the ones who are not strongly political, in a nutshell were being taken over by morons, and its gonna get worse .....

The forum is for news about the release dates of ArmA, please check you tin hats and politics at the door, thank you.

Sprocket
Quote[/b] ]Upcoming ProductsThese items will be in stock soon Item Name Date Expected

ArmA: Armed Assault 12/08/2006

The news about ArmA has been removed. Hopefully it is still true though.

"isn't it coming in the UAE?  sad_o.gif"

Will all I know is that UAE has close relations with the UK and I'm sure it will arrive in UAE too, better yet the whole world. So is anybody sure about the release date for North America being Feb? and does that include Canada (I know Canada is part of North America, but in most cases "North America" is considered by many as just USA)?

isn't it coming in the UAE?  sad_o.gif

I read somewhere that some company was thinking about publsihing ArmA in the Middle East. It might have been 505, not sure... wink_o.gif

so there is a slight chance of it being released in middle east?  confused_o.gif

A pretty good chance I'd say... wink_o.gif