Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

I am sure the publisher is to be blamed.

I don't think it really matters who is to blame, all that matters is that the problem is found and fixed as soon as is humanly possible.

I hope that fix is days and not months, otherwise i may aswell of waited for the English version after all. Everyone moaned about StarForce so i got the German version and now this. Can you reasure me Placebo that this will be days, weeks, but not months. I don't want kicking of every server because my German version decides to say games do not Fade when it is infact an original.

Also where will i be able to download this patch from.

this is such bullshit, i ordered it from CZ, and a german version (german hasnt arrived as of yet) and it appears i've activated FADE or something like it, perhaps it's starforce... texture glitches, choppier frame rate, and random text here and there. I don't understand why, as I have the legal version!

Since FADE is not the copy protection in ArmA it's impossible that it's doing that...

FADE is in ArmA, it's a software protection implemented by BIS and should be in all versions in addition to the protection added by the publisher. It also seems to be causing a problem when people with the German version play on servers with the Czech version. Most likely because of the fact that one has Securom and the other has Starforce.

So much for the guys here that said waiting so long was fine as we would have a near flawless game. I dont see how such a problem can be overlooked. Hopefully they resolve this ASAP.

Is a release date set up for Portugal?

Sorry for the question but this treat has 111 pages and I would be here tomorrow if I'm going to read them all whistle.gif

this is such bullshit, i ordered it from CZ, and a german version (german hasnt arrived as of yet) and it appears i've activated FADE or something like it, perhaps it's starforce... texture glitches, choppier frame rate, and random text here and there.  I don't understand why, as I have the legal version!

Since FADE is not the copy protection in ArmA it's impossible that it's doing that...

FADE is in ArmA, it's a software protection implemented by BIS and should be in all versions in addition to the protection added by the publisher. It also seems to be causing a problem when people with the German version play on servers with the Czech version. Most likely because of the fact that one has Securom and the other has Starforce.

Hmm, was quite sure I read that FADE wouldn't be used in ArmA...

But I guess adding FADE isn't really a problem. The thing was, after all, said to be the best protection for a game that was out there yay.gif

So much for the guys here that said waiting so long was fine as we would have a near flawless game. I dont see how such a problem can be overlooked. Hopefully they resolve this ASAP.

Morphicon actually had the fix ready yesterday. The found another small issue and adding that at the moment. I was told that the fix "should" be available later today.

I hope it for morphicon, otherwise I will send some insurgents to them...

wait...

oh, shouldn't mix up ArmA with Real-life rofl.gif

I second that, thats just unacceptable to anyone. Its a slap in the face to those guys that waited diligently for the release. The same things is probably going to occur with the demo's if and when they ever see the light of day.

Damm, 2007 wink_o.gif [comon guys feel for us]

btw, when is the Russian version going gold, so we can get our hands on a demo, we need some sort of ArmA early Christmas present confused_o.gif

Has anybody bought the game at media markt in Switzerland if so does it come in all Swiss languages french,italien,german im from the french part and want to know if its in french or english cause i dont want it in german.

Has anybody bought the game at media markt in Switzerland if so does it come in all Swiss languages french,italien,german im from the french part and want to know if its in french or english cause i dont want it in german.

There is neither a french nor an english version at this time, so any copy of ArmA sold in Switzerland will be german.

It's too bad that this game won't be in the US. The average American won't have enough knowledge of the game to get it from the UK and none of them will download it, most likely.

--ben

I cant believe you cant find a publisher for the US.

By the time the game becomes accessible,who will want it.

BS!!!!

Heh i wonder what will happen to US people who bough czech or german version.... they would have to apply english patch each time when installing official patch, and issues involving not beign able to play online with modified files.. Why ArmA is not like OFP, where you could select language in OFP Preferences thingy, single click and everything in game is in german for example smile_o.gif

Guys in the US ,we don't want another Troika Games happening here. Another awesome game company that was rushed into releasing a huge game full of bugs, and then had to close down without repairing many of them.

Hell, I bought OFP CWC when it first came out, it had many issues that were later fixed. But I didn't buy RES until the GOTY was available. So I still have nothing against waiting.

Don't demand the game by Christmas ,wait until things get ironed out. And if AA never makes it to our shores ( which I doubt) I'd import a bunch of the best version I find, and sell them on ebay for a flat fee. I would never try to profiteer off of OFP/AA fans smile_o.gif

I'm sure u can play ArmA with the modded english files online.. if i'm mistaken plz point it out.

Sorry, but i can't find it on morphicon's page: What is the price of the german version Arma?

Does anybody know why in the world ArmA release is delayed in Russia?? It had to be released on oct28, so now is december first and i don't see myself flying Harrier and dropping bombs on the enemy targets...why is that so?! Sellers in the shops say they know nothing about what happened, and on the Akella website theres a release date changed, now its 4th quarter of 2006...When is Arma goin to be released in russia?

hey, any news on the online distribution? can any one point me a direction where i might get some more info, sorry if its been asked before but i am new here. Thanks smile_o.gif

Yaj! Just ordered myself a copy of Arma from Bol.de

Anyone who have ordered to countries like UK, Sweden, Norway, and around there, and know how long time it takes?

Like 1-2 weeks? or 3 weeks? am I getting it before Christmas? xmas_o.gif

Bah!  When I click on the link at Morphicon I'm getting a blank page!  crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, working now. Downloading... yay.gif