Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Tonal Update

Tonal Redeaux

To add to the Radio Check Podcast interview I thought I would start an official Tonal update thread.

Description

Tonal Redeaux is a replacement update for the Tonal addon suite developed by BAS.

Tonal Islands and Objects

Island ground textures edited, replaced and scaled back in numbers.

Island objects changed from a Tropical theme to a Bush theme through creative use of and editing of Berghoff's plant packs plus some custom plant life.

Island objects removed in certain areas to have less floating forests. SOme objects replaced or removed as a matter of taste, such as several bridge spans.

Misc model Bug fixes.

Tonal Opfor

Changes

All avatar models and textures replaced. Some helmets and pouches/packs replaced with those from RHS and CSLA.

All Rebel UAZ's replaced with the DMA Toyotas and the CSLA FIA "technical".

All Government UAZs replaced with edited UKF Land Rovers.

BMPs replaced with edited CSLA BMPs.

BRMDs replaced with edited CSLA Skots.

Urals and V3Ss replaced with CSLA T815s and V3Ss.

DSHKs replaced with CSLA DSHKs.

T55's replaced with tanks by RHS.

Hip and Hind replaced with edited CSLA versions.

They now use WW3 Weapons pack beta.

They now need facetex2.

Tonal TSF

All avatar models and textures replaced.

They now need facetex2.

They still use Earl and SUchy's Marine pack for the weapons.

I would suggest using the DMA Toyota Wars ECP mod as a base to run these addons from. I've played some missions using defaukt units on Tonal and the Toyota Wars units look and run great on the islands. They also fit in very well with the theme. As an optional change I would also suggest DLing and use the French voicepack with the Tonal addons. It fits the theme very well and sounds great with the units.

Images

Tonal Landscape

scrub5.jpg

Tonal Rebels

rebs3.jpg

Militias

militia2.jpg

Governemnt Troops

gov1.jpg

Government Scouts

scouts1.jpg

More pics to come as I had tried to post too many in this one post.

Notes

This is just my personal replacement "mod" for Tonal. It may or may not fix a number of issues with the original island in regards to performance. In some areas performance will be increased, in others the performance may drop.

This also is not an official BAS update, just my editing of it for my personal playing.

MP issues will not be addressed as I do not play MP. In testing it may be MP tested by beta testers and issues raised and fixed, but again I do not do MP and have no idea what would need fixed in this regard.

If you didn't like the original version you probably will not like this new version. If you loved the jungle aspect of Tonal then you will be disappointed with this update. Can't please everyone.

Bridges. Some bugs have been brought up about bridges. OFP AI sucks on bridges so this may not get fixed. Also many bridges will be removed, but not all of them.

Buildings. With the release of ARMAS coming up and this needing to get out before that, the buildings will not be changed until this is reworked for ARMAS. There are some amazing buildings being done now for Tonal by someone that would be wasted in an OFP release.

The release will be sometime in October. Probably during the first week or so. Unless there are major bugs in the release nothing more will be done on this for OFP and work will begin on the ARMAS version.

Everything is being worked on by myself and being tested by a handful of people (Tonal mission designers, folks whos work is being used in the addons and several other amazing mission makers). So hopfully there will also be some missions to go along with the release.

Suggestions and comments are welcome, but everything is set in stone pretty much as far as units, weapons, vehicles, etc. I doubt anything will change at all as far as content goes, but island suggestions may be considered.

I also must say that without the support of Berghoff, CSLA, RHS, and UKF this update would never see the light of day and would just sit on my machine. Thankfully they were nice enough to allow me to hack up their hard work for this update smile_o.gif

Really nice!

The atmosphere should be great, by the screenshots!

Awaiting for it! First thing I'll do (after being a co-driver for hours) is a dyn camp smile_o.gif

Looks great. I love the original Tonal island, and this one will be better. thumbs-up.gif

Wow, Amazing, Im gona give a big thanks to Ebud and also the mod teams who let him update there gear.

Great Stuff smile_o.gif

*jaw-drop*

whowzers!

surely and eyecatcher

only hope it will berform better than the original tonal.

do you plan to add some vast and arid grass-land/prerie like areas?

that would be pretty cool smile_o.gif

I can only repeat it, these units are kicka$$ no doubt. Really can't wait to get my hands on them smile_o.gif

The list of changes is impressive. Are the areas in the desert fixed where water appears depending on time of day? This and the many objects in the cities are the only things I really dislike on Tonal.

Great work ebud.

The units look fantastic, especially the Militias. Looking forward to P:UKF Infantry joint operations and battles.

I can only repeat it, these units are kicka$$ no doubt. Really can't wait to get my hands on them smile_o.gif

The list of changes is impressive. Are the areas in the desert fixed where water appears depending on time of day? This and the many objects in the cities are the only things I really dislike on Tonal.

Great work ebud.

Yes, the disappearing swamps will be removed. The cities will not change sad_o.gif

Hey Ebud, I was wondering if you might want to replace that CSLA Mi-8 model with a better one. No disrespect to their models, but basically they're based of BIS Mi-17, which is pretty outdated these days.

On the other hand, you can use OFPL Mi-8 model. Moreover, I can send you all PSD textures so repaint would be easy as 1,2,3... PM me if you're interested.

PS. Great stuff, mate. smile_o.gif

Hey Ebud, I was wondering if you might want to replace that CSLA Mi-8 model with a better one. No disrespect to their models, but basically they're based of BIS Mi-17, which is pretty outdated these days.

On the other hand, you can use OFPL Mi-8 model. Moreover, I can send you all PSD textures so repaint would be easy as 1,2,3... PM me if you're interested.

I was going to suggest the same thing. The OFPL Mi-8/17 model's great, and isn't very demanding specs wise.

Looking forward to this Ebud.

Looks great!! thumbs-up.gif

I like this savana style, more than jungle, but old Tonal was great too (the best of jungle islands I think ... but most of the vegetation had bugged Fire geometry, View geometry and Geometry).

I like this savana style, more than jungle, but old Tonal was great too (the best of jungle islands I think ... but most of the vegetation had bugged Fire geometry, View geometry and Geometry).

That will not be an issue with this update as every lod on the plants/forests/grass etc has been edited. Barring AI cheating it all works really well. Sometimes too well, but until you can have alpha channels on textures be used as AI LOS blocking this is the best I can do. It'll work fine. smile_o.gif

Will you also be making animals?

Not for this OFP release, no. The anims would take way too long using the tools we have now. If I want to get this out and have it in use for a while before ARMAS is out I need to be more focused as it is, lol.

Guest Ti0n3r

I'll just echo what others already said... Really looking forward to this. Your hard work is very appreciated smile_o.gif

That will not be an issue with this update as every lod on the plants/forests/grass etc has been edited. Barring AI cheating it all works really well. Sometimes too well, but until you can have alpha channels on textures be used as AI LOS blocking this is the best I can do. It'll work fine. smile_o.gif

Good to hear (read) smile_o.gif

Cant wait, I hope it will be again on OFP.info server smile_o.gif

I just DL'd and depbo'd the helos. Looks like they could work really well, especially as they look to be UVmapped really well which in turn will make them easy to add camo to. I personally have no issues with the CSLA Mi-8s and think they already work great so far, but would love to try these just to see how well they work. Couldn't hurt. If they do get used, it would in no way be a slight to the CSLA helos. My only issue with some of the CSLA work is that they use too many hi quality textures. Not that it's a bad thing, but with all of their work on screen at once with the UK landrovers (I even scaled those texture down by 1/2) add a couple groups of units and there is lag. But that happens with just about every set of addons nowadays, so thats really no fault of theirs, it's just my lower end system can't handle as much as I would like it to.

Have I mentinoned I also have a model and PSD textures of BRDM on sale? biggrin_o.gif It's made by Offtime, but I'm sure he won't mind (as long as you stick him somewhere at the end of credits wink_o.gif ).