ebud

Tonal Update

any chance for some tonal fishing boats and river patrol boats? smile_o.gif

maybe those boats they had in the sahara movie. pistols.gif

any chance for some tonal fishing boats and river patrol boats? smile_o.gif

maybe those boats they had in the sahara movie. pistols.gif

I wish I had time for that, but not until ARMAS sad_o.gif

This is looking nice seen the screenshots from radiocheck4. smile_o.gif

Yes, your Med Pack trees and bushes work really well for this smile_o.gif I told you eventually I'd get around to doing something with them, lol.

indeed this is looking good. i cant wait to see the surprises when its released tounge2.gif

I'm actually getting lots of help from some unexpected people, so the update will be much better than I hoped for.

I'm actually getting lots of help from some unexpected people, so the update will be much better than I hoped for.

well thats great news smile_o.gif , for you and the people [us] yay.gifthumbs-up.gif

btw Ebud you knoiw of the bas blackhawk scripts that was connected with the bas delta , rangers. Like call in CAS and stuff.

I wonder if you could do somesmall things like that for the tonal units so they can work togheter in special new ways wink_o.gif

Like a group of goverment troops grouped with a Mi-8 or mi-24 could have fast insertions, or close air support and some stuff like that. Also any chance of you adding some of the mapfact military objects or oil addon stuff?

It's highly unlikely that tonal could really afford those aircraft, and even more unlikely that they would be performing Air Assault missions...not to mention dangerous for a ill-trained, and ill-equipped army, nevertheless, it looks awesome!

Have you also thought about creating a smaller version of Tonai for less powerful PCs? I remember having to play with heavy fog so Tonai would work fluently. It'd be cool if you could just create a smaller island, maybe half or a third of tonai without sacrifying vegetation detail, because the atmosphere created by that vegetation you use is truely great!

I don't mean to be a smartass, but Tonali1 was created for this very reason. I would like to do one like you mentioned, but not for this release. There are about 3 weeks left to finish this, so no new islands until ARMAS. Also I had wanted to add some mapfact mining items... no oil, but no time. Add them in the mission editor as I want no addon dependencies for the islands. I can live with weapon dependencies, but not much else.

About scripts. I'm actually taking out more than I am putting in. Scripting for me should come from a mission maker, so the fewer scripts attached to vehicles the better. We are having a discussion about just that in another forum. A script here a script there... it all adds up. So if someone wants fastroping and such, I'm sure there are lots of well done scripts that have been made for this.

I think replacing all the vehicles with some really nice and appropriate versions, all new avatars, new theme, etc is enough for this update.

I don't mean to be  a smartass, but Tonali1 was created for this very reason. I would like to do one like you mentioned, but not for this release. There are about 3 weeks left to finish this, so no new islands until ARMAS. Also I had wanted to add some mapfact mining items... no oil, but no time. Add them in the mission editor as I want no addon dependencies for the islands. I can live with weapon dependencies, but not much else.

About scripts. I'm actually taking out more than I am putting in. Scripting for me should come from a mission maker, so the fewer scripts attached to vehicles the better. We are having a discussion about just that in another forum. A script here a script there... it all adds up. So if someone wants fastroping and such, I'm sure there are lots of well done scripts that have been made for this.

I think replacing all the vehicles with some really nice and appropriate versions, all new avatars, new theme, etc is enough for this update.

Incredibly well put Sir smile_o.gif

It'd be cool if you could just create a smaller island, maybe half or a third of tonai without sacrifying vegetation detail, because the atmosphere created by that vegetation you use is truely great!

Esti, in my experience it is objects in view which cause the lag, apart from the general map load times and editor lag issues of course - but ingame it is largely objects in view and more importantly, the number of and quality of their properties, which influences the framerate. It is just as possible to make a laggy mess of an island in a couple of grid squares as it is in a couple of hundred - I've well and truly proven that a number of times, I get a better framerate in most areas of the new AustralianAO than I do on most areas of Spearhead44!

What is a solution is to remove all the small and less well made objects which the map designer comes to realise are not really important to the overall feel or 'theme' of the island in general, as in the end you have to convey the feeling of object density or vegetation thickness, where required, without actually adding too many objects at all. You do this by either using objects fairly sparesly, but grouped closely, or by making objects which appear larger or 'more dense' but really are only one object (eg a forest square/triangle or a group of huts/shanties together).

I've recently improved framerates on a lot of older Nam islands by simply using more forest or grass objects rather than, for instance, early versions of MeeKong which were made from individual trees, shrubs, bushes, etc, to give the feeling of scrub/jungle. Works much better for the players, you make some compromises - especially in the mission editor, but overall the 'feeling' or atmosphere remains. The playability, which framerate has a fairly large impact on, is improved and thus the overall enjoyment for the product is enhanced.

Sounds a bit strange, maybe I dont use the best words sometimes, but thats where its at. smile_o.gif

That's just an idea and I'm not able to say if I can actually do this because I have real trouble in real life for a long period. But if you want animals I could change the old animal pack so that they look like african animals. goat=Thompson's gazelle, mule=Zebra, cow=maybe cape buffalo, birds=vulture, Flamingo, Pelican, the dog=african wild dog or hyena, pc's tiger= leopard

What do you think?

I would hold off if it means you have to go out of your way to do this or if you need the time for more important things. Sounds intersting though, especially as I have not seen a working OFP animal pack, just the VBS animal pack.

viechervx7.th.jpg

Well, that's what I done today, this would be a fast job for me cause I don't have to make my own anims. The leopards would work right now, the others need a more time intensive config editing. Though I also haven't ask the authors for permission yet.

The only question is, if there is a need for it in the community + ebud or if I just waste lifetime tounge2.gif

If there is interest in some african animals I would model the rest at the weekend and then try to get it into flashpoint

just one animal more... crikey! biggrin_o.gif you know crocodiles or is it aligators that live in africa? would be nice to put them near rivers or small or big lakes. smile_o.gif maybe having them swim around a little in the water slowly...

Anyways nice animals there Dracul

The only question is, if there is a need for it in the community + ebud or if I just waste lifetime tounge2.gif

If there is interest in some african animals I would model the rest at the weekend and then try to get it into flashpoint

Yes, there is a need for animals smile_o.gif

I think i could be a nice addon and would add some atmosphere.

get me the animals so i (a ofp sniper with psg1 tounge2.gif ) can hunt the hunters who hunt them in the african country side (by ebud offcourse)

actually a park ranger mission/campaign sounds kinda cool, as long as poachers are sponsored by the rebels, leading to UN backed UK forces helping out tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

bootneckofficer

That's a hell yeah from here!