Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

FlashNews 100th Edition!

About the competiton, is it possible that the northerns jacked the Abrams? smile_o.gif

Wow awesome to the max, but is IDEA games the new publisher, or something else?

*spank spank spank*

Idea games is a group of game developers (like bohemia) , that are in a "team looking for a publisher".

now, armed with that knowledge, make a page on the wiki about it! mad_o.giftounge2.gif

its not a bad guess tho, what about this guy, he could publish it ?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Bis ownership Slavomír Pavlícek (48 percent),

Idea games chairman =Slavomír Pavlicek

Slavomir Pavlicek, general manager at Cenega Publishing

Mmm where to hide as an rpg soldier..I'd have to say a roof close to the abrams,the one behind it,the main gun cannot aim that high up and you are given a perfect view of the tank in all dimensions. The commands look quite interesting as well,however I am no coder/scripter so I'm not sure what they mean,but I'm guessing the gun vector have something to do with multiple guns.

Wow they included configs and alot of stuff.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Procedural_Textures

A command that tells if a normal map is on a vehicle?

There's a lot more, including some knowledgebase (database) and topic commands for Game 2 it seems. There's named classes inside models (for multiple turrets and such) and some material property features (and lots more) in the model config section.

yay.gif

Oh I haven't read that yet,to be honest this is somewhat fishy to me,and it makes me very curious,why release these commands when we don't have the tools yet...I wonder...

what are the sandbox pages for?

Firstly, great update, how can anyone possibly be disappointed?

Secondly, the competition.  Those things towards the right of the screenshot are trucks right?  So I wouldn't class those as armour, which means that the only armour I can positively identify would be the Abrams, which any good soldier knows has armour that was specially designed to be invincible to RPG rounds...  So?

think again but this is a competition so we will not talk abut this on open forums ok?

/Hornet85 MBT/APC Tech, 1st Armoured, SAF hehe :P

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Procedural_Textures

A command that tells if a normal map is on a vehicle?

A procedural texture is computer generated, to give natural objects (trees, rocks, etc...) a, well... more "natural" look in a computer rendered environment (like a computer game) by giving a texture a more "random" look as found in nature.

think again but this is a competition so we will not talk abut this on open forums ok?

RIGHT!!! banghead.gif

I am making a complaint against BIS. They didn't tell me that I would be going up against techies in this competition... biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

what are the sandbox pages for?

for testing stuff

you can do whatever you want there

RIGHT!!!  banghead.gif

I am making a complaint against BIS.  They didn't tell me that I would be going up against techies in this competition...  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

dont think it will be easyer for us with real military tactics even me that have ben in the Armoured battalion realy know how to do i see alot of places i can use but witch one is the right? and for a secund thing all armys do difrent things :P

and PS going against a tank on fot with only a RPG is suicide wink_o.gif

very clever surprise from bis! wasnt expecting nothing in particular (since demo was out of question) , so this made me really happy. the wikipedia reveals MANY details on how arma works. great reading and lot of info to digest.

personally happy to, for having my addon on that list.but thats secondary.

ty bis, and take ur time...we have something to keep us busy now.

Thank you BIS for the wiki. The cover is awsome and I'm glad to see beta images (not alpha)! thumbs-up.gif

Have you noticed from the resistance compaign that when Victor Troska greets the girl from Dolina (Liz), the girl says: "Hi wiki!" biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Firstly, great update, how can anyone possibly be disappointed?

Secondly, the competition.  Those things towards the right of the screenshot are trucks right?  So I wouldn't class those as armour, which means that the only armour I can positively identify would be the Abrams, which any good soldier knows has armour that was specially designed to be invincible to RPG rounds...  So?

the abrams armour is weakest in the rear by the exsaust vents for its jet turbine. if you are going to RPG an abrams, the back would be the most ideal.

As there's a little confusion about certain elements of the competition I'll add some hints later smile_o.gif

I have uploaded the fullsize image as well which might be of some use: armour_hit_competition_full.png

There might be an issue with submitting Email addresses with a domain name that has a number in it, I'll look into that today smile_o.gif

Couple of small tips:

You have 3 rpg rounds, but depending on the target you choose to attack you might not have chance to use them all.

As always in real war you're not a Rambo solo hero so your actions will be supported by other squadmates, and the target should take into account you have squadmates around to benefit/assist you.

OMG!

"TrackIR Pro 4 - Special Armed Assault Discount"

What a bad luck... I have already bought one (in haste)!! confused_o.gif

The WIKI and the competition are G R E A T E. Thanks BIS inlove.gif

yeah, the new screen is much better. Now some things actually make sense.. untill when do we have?

But from where is the enemy moving in.. I mean retreating and finding cover is fine but you shouldnt run into the hands of the enemy. So the question whether escape route top or escape route bottom or whatever?

wiki is the best thing that could happen to such a moddable game. Especially with that community notworthy.gif