Sign in to follow this  
.kju

WarGames League v.5 (WGL 5) Full Release

Surely if they inherit from SolderEB/SoldierGB etc, then they'd already have the advanced AI features/scripts running anyway? All you would need to do is simply add the PBO(s) into your WGL Mod folder, and run OFP surely?

Hi Pathy.

What we did with The Rifles is we just added add-ons on top of the current WGL. By putting them into another mod folder and running them at the same time. Then it allowed us to use both at the same time, UKF, Rebels, the lot.

However if there could ever be say an edit of WGL, (done legitimately of course) that contained UKF troops weapons, and rebels etc. That would be truly awesome. biggrin_o.gif

new units / addons to WGL

there are a few ways to do that:

~ just load the non WGL addons along with:

this may or may not work acceptable - some features of WGL

will be active (certain effects, AI changes to some point, etc)

and some not (other effects, mortar use ability etc).

~ replace the look of units by the use of the Models_Base system.

this may or may not be enough for your individual needs. its

just about replacing the model / look of WGL units.

so you could replace certain east infantry models with some rebels for example.

yet its still quite easy to do with a bit of config knowledge.

~ make a non WGL addon compatible:

tough way - we wont have the time ourself to do that, but we

can offer support for this (in the future it will be a lot simpler).

again it depends how polished this should be. its doable no

question - though its a bit of work which has to be done by you  smile_o.gif

for details or any other questions just ask  thumbs-up.gif

Griff, thanks, i've already been running my WGL like this (WGL and @VCB modfolders both running). I'm just wondering if theres any point pushing to adopt it in VCB if it doesnt actually affect half of what we use.

However, if as you ( you = Jackal & Q (many thanks for the quick replies)) say the other addons will benefit from improved AI ect, then obviously it is actually giving us something to use WGL.

Of course i dont have time to edit all 400 odd mb worth of addons to make them work properly, so thats not really an option, but i could perhaps make a few of the opfor units we use work smile_o.gif

Thanks, i'll look into it anyway guys. Many thanks Q, i might be calling on some support on this if i do decide its worth doing.

Playing the old campaign's using WGL is a totally different experience due to the realistic gun sway, injuries etc..

No more "First Blood' style taking on 10 guys solo without a solid gameplan! Much more difficult but also more rewarding for every kill.

Question: Does the AI suffer the same effects as player does ie. aiming reduced after sprinting, or shot in the arm?

Who's RPG7's (with ironsight and optics) is in WG ? Their so freaking sweet. =p

I've found something unrealistic. SV-98 sniper rifle in WGL has adjustable optic zoom (something about x8/x23 while SVD has fixed x8 zoom), but it looks like its equipped with PKS-07 optic sight. In such case it should has fixed x14 zoom.

Not if its fitted with PKS-07

check this and notice that

Quote[/b] ]...SV-98 is equipped with a new stronger PKS-07 optic scope, with magnification factor of x7.

it will be fixed in WGL 5.1 wink_o.gif

1 minor question about your Gaia map, in the version i have (I got it a while ago) the AI does not navigate through the black forest very good, is that fixed in this version?? like they will just stand still..... and it makes me very mad.

Hi there, we're having some minor problems with WGL 5. Just a small bug report of some more or less annoying things:

- The backpack ammunition doesn't work sometimes. For example if you got a standard WGL Medic and drop your backpack most of the times the single bandages in your magazine slots vanish. This also happens for satchels and other WGL explosives.

- Things as bandages, satchels etc. are very swift at times. Sometimes one can't pick up the things put on the ground from the backpack. Some players say they don't have this problem, but I think this is because they never play the medic ^^

I would say I have got a 50:50 chance of being able to pick up all those bandages I get out of the backpack.

- The Carl Gustav has a different size in a few lods. When further away it gets bigger.

Other things we noticed, but maybe those are mission related:

- In some missions spec ops have sniper models and vice versa, tried to find something in the config but everything seems right.

- In some missions some units (mostly resistance) seem to miss the put, throw,wgl_put or wgl_throw weapons and can't use grenades or satchels they got or pick them up.

I also could't find a error in the config here.

sorry for not responding earlier ... we have been pretty busy icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Question: Does the AI suffer the same effects as player does ie. aiming reduced after sprinting, or shot in the arm?

yes it does. you can see this if you are an observer and go into first person view of AI - though this is a default OFP feature.

we added though a few simple AI-hit-FX (make AI lay down and not react for a moment when hit).

@alderous: we talked in our forum already smile_o.gif

@mrbean1112: no the Gaia is still the same. no changes. we just made it more accessiable again.

@$cruffy: thanks mate for the good reports ! let me answer them one after another:

Quote[/b] ]- The backpack ammunition doesn't work sometimes. For example if you got a standard WGL Medic and drop your backpack most of the times the single bandages in your magazine slots vanish. This also happens for satchels and other WGL explosives.

- Things as bandages, satchels etc. are very swift at times. Sometimes one can't pick up the things put on the ground from the backpack. Some players say they don't have this problem, but I think this is because they never play the medic ^^

I would say I have got a 50:50 chance of being able to pick up all those bandages I get out of the backpack.

we have these reports several times now. yet its hard to track it down as people never really explain how the did drop the stuff. if it was the valid WGL ruck drop process, or the default BIS inventry drop.

we could reproduce it on our side.

still it sounds like a mp syncronisation issue.

if you can reproduce it and tell us how, we would be very happy !

Quote[/b] ]The Carl Gustav has a different size in a few lods. When further away it gets bigger.

noted. thanks.

Quote[/b] ]- In some missions spec ops have sniper models and vice versa, tried to find something in the config but everything seems right.

- In some missions some units (mostly resistance) seem to miss the put, throw,wgl_put or wgl_throw weapons and can't use grenades or satchels they got or pick them up.

send me the mission and i will check it. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Can the Miles LOBO mod be converted to WGL5

ehm lol whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

in theory everything can be done.

wanna get more specific please wink_o.gif

expect news about WGL 5.1 very soon whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ] about backpacks

we have these reports several times now. yet its hard to track it down as people never really explain how the did drop the stuff. if it was the valid WGL ruck drop process, or the default BIS inventry drop.

we could reproduce it on our side.

still it sounds like a mp syncronisation issue.

if you can reproduce it and tell us how, we would be very happy !

As far as I remember the backpacks were always dropped through the inventory screen when other things disappeared.

When the bandages etc. couldn't be used, it was always a normal WGL drop. First choosing the backpack as a weapon from the action menu, then maybe reloading another _pdm mag, when ready pressing fire. The bandages could be seen by every other player, but picked up by noone.

Bandwith and lag might be a problem on my pc, as I got a pretty slow connection (DSL 768 without fastpath), but another player has DSL 6000 and we didn't notice any lag or desync.

We'll try to keep an eye on these things.

Quote[/b] ]- In some missions some units (mostly resistance) seem to miss the put, throw,wgl_put or wgl_throw weapons and can't use grenades or satchels they got or pick them up.

send me the mission and i will check it. smile_o.gif

Sadly I can't, because we already deleted them from the server. Most were bad converts and didn't work properly or we didn't like them. I think it might have been the "misc2_06_06_18.rar" pack.

@wg_co_11_maskirovka_v1.2.cain.pbo should be one where the grenades didn't work.

expect news about WGL 5.1 very soon whistle.gif

Now that is good news notworthy.gif

Realise I'm green when it comes to making missions, but I just cant seem to get the WEST mortars to work.

I deploy the base and when I add the tube the whole thing disappears and I am left with 3 mortars sticking out of ground.

I have followed procedure as outlined http://ofpc.de/wargame....mission

I am using OFP1.96+WGL5+MODULSKY+CAT_AFGAN MAP, and I am testing inside mission editor. Using mortar enabled hummers all units are WGL type.

Frustrating!!! love the mod tho smile_o.gif

Any help appreciated.

hello mazza smile_o.gif

can you please upload the mission to have us a look at it.

you could use yousendit.

dude dude please i need an answer

is there any way to convert Miles tegs MiddleEast LoBo mod to WGL5

thanks

desparate SnoffDude

hi snoofkin911 smile_o.gif

i havent see their code, but i highly doubt its worth the effort for ofp. once arma is out, things will be different though wink_o.gif

Hi, I'm making a wgl Mp mission, where you are able to respawn....yes I know how to respawn, but the problem is that i Dont know how to respawn the players weapons they started with! I mean: for example, I started with an m249, a m9 pistol and two granades, then I die, and when I respawn, I want to start with my exact equipment as I started with....which is the m249, the m9 pistol and the two granades.

So if someone could be so very kind to write down exactly what you are going to do, to make this possible, since I'm also making a WWII mission, there I also have the same problem....I also got some replies, but all the help I got had something wrong with it and I only got lots of errors....so I beg you to help me...or both missions are going into the trash can.....And you wouldn't do that when you have used lots of hours making a mission? whistle.gif

So please help me out of this mess help.gif

dont spam our topic Stuntman tounge2.gif

init.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[]exec "reload.sqs"

reload.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@time > 1

[player] join GrpNull

player addRating 5000

player addweapon "WGL_Throw"

player addweapon "WGL_Put"

_weapArray = weapons player

_magArray = magazines player

_primary = primaryweapon player

?(_primary == "M16GL"): _primary = "WGL_M16Muzzle"

?(_primary == "AK74GL"): _primary = "WGL_AK74Muzzle"

?(_primary == "Ak47GL"): _primary = "WGL_AK47Muzzle"

?(_primary == "") && (side player == WEST): _primary = "WGL_M9"

?(_primary == "") && (side player == RESISTANCE): _primary = "WGL_Tokarev"

@!alive player

#start

@alive player

[player] join GrpNull

player addRating 5000

removeAllWeapons player

{player addMagazine _x} forEach _magArray

{player addWeapon _x} forEach _weapArray

player addweapon "WGL_Throw"

player addweapon "WGL_Put"

player selectWeapon _primary

@!alive player

goto "start"

no guarantee on correctness and completeness icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you veeeeeeeeeery much for the script Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just call me a "SpamWare" if you want tounge2.gif

PS: if you want to spawn other weapons which is not in WGL mod, like a K98 from Liberation Mod 1941-1945, do you only need to remove the weapon names and replace them with the other mod's weapon names?

Something Like this:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BEFORE:

?(_primary == "M16GL"): _primary = "WGL_M16Muzzle"

?(_primary == "AK74GL"): _primary = "WGL_AK74Muzzle"

?(_primary == "Ak47GL"): _primary = "WGL_AK47Muzzle"

?(_primary == "") && (side player == WEST): _primary = "WGL_M9"

?(_primary == "") && (side player == RESISTANCE): _primary = "WGL_Tokarev"

AFTER: (dont remember the exact name of them, but its not important, it just a example)

?(_primary == "lib_k98"): _primary = "lib_k98Muzzle"

?(_primary == "SVT-40"): _primary = "SVT-40Muzzle"

?(_primary == "MP-40"): _primary = "MP-40Muzzle"

?(_primary == "") && (side player == WEST): _primary = "P.38"

?(_primary == "") && (side player == RESISTANCE): _primary = "Nagan 1885"

Or some in that way? like replacing the wgl weapons with other weapons? and the script wil still work?