Sign in to follow this  
.kju

WarGames League v.5 (WGL 5) Full Release

Hi, I would ask anyone which see this post to help me with someting.....dont think it's going to take loooooots of time and energy; the only energy you need to use is when you are writing your reply biggrin_o.gif Anyway, here it is: I would really apprciate if anyone could say how to get some text, right under your Nickname, like on Q's post's you see his Nickname, which is "Q", and then RIGHT under it, you see "Wiggler of Wgl" or something...how do you get the text, right under the nickname?

EDIT: I'm very sorry that it has occured that i have double posted, please forgive my careless actions. (I'm Serious)

Thanks.

Stuntman

-Reconsider crosshairs. It is more realistic without but remember that this is a game we play with a monitor. It is still somewhat of a 2D world and our perception is misjudged without guidance in the virtual world.

I have no problems at all shooting without crosshairs, well, units who are far away are hard to hit, but then you are supposed to use them anyway. Just get used to it, it is usable in close combat wink_o.gif

Use the iron-sights/optics, its not rocket-science. Either way, you can turn the crosshair off in the options menu anyway (under difficulty I think).

What about rifles with optics? Those are tough to use on targets a building away. When I shoot targets in close range (real life), I use my judgement in depth and distance and the environment around me all without using the iron sights. I do this while picking up my rifle and budding it next to my cheek incase of 'last second decisions'. Good technique to improve CBQ skills. This is something that is hard to do in the virtual world. I believe this would have to be used by SWAT teams as well since they would not have time to focus in on the ironsights. Sometimes (never been in combat, only trained in senarios and tape drills) in CQB, you don't have time to pick up your rifle and focus in on the ironsights. Also remember that the crosshair isn't as acurrate as the ironsights, so if someone wants to eliminate the other first, they better use the ironsights and not spray with the crosshairs. The crosshair is that guidance we need for depth and distance.

Use the iron-sights/optics, its not rocket-science. Either way, you can turn the crosshair off in the options menu anyway (under difficulty I think).

The problem are the servers on online play. They will over right all of your difficulty options.

Then either play on servers hosted by users who have a similar mind-set as you with regard to crosshair usage/difficulty, or host your own wink_o.gif

What about rifles with optics? Those are tough to use on targets a building away. When I shoot targets in close range (real life), I use my judgement in depth and distance and the environment around me all without using the iron sights. I do this while picking up my rifle and budding it next to my cheek incase of 'last second decisions'. Good technique to improve CBQ skills. This is something that is hard to do in the virtual world. I believe this would have to be used by SWAT teams as well since they would not have time to focus in on the ironsights. Sometimes (never been in combat, only trained in senarios and tape drills) in CQB, you don't have time to pick up your rifle and focus in on the ironsights. Also remember that the crosshair isn't as acurrate as the ironsights, so if someone wants to eliminate the other first, they better use the ironsights and not spray with the crosshairs. The crosshair is that guidance we need for depth and distance.

while i agree that in the beginning shooting without iron sights maybe feel like trying to guess distances with only 1 eye, it is still possible and its just something you need to get used to, after all, people with only 1 eye arent really handicapped are they? wink_o.gif

What revival and C&H missions are there in WGL or which ones are recommended? Also, does the Zeus Server have revival and C&H missions?

well i have a several c&h maps on my hd from former WarGames League - they might be a bit buggy though. not sure.

i will upload them tomorrow in our forum smile_o.gif

Thanks, Q! smile_o.gif

Also (this is some kind of funny) I'm very pleased that you are going to upload C&H missions, but.....What is C&H ( icon_rolleyes.gifrofl.gif )

Plus, what is revival? ( icon_rolleyes.gif )

Thanks Q! I appreciate that.

Stuntman: C&H are (in my opinion) the most realistic type of multiplayer mission. It is called Capture and Hold and it pits two human forces against each to sieze and hold control of territory (like in real wars). This is why I asked if WGL5 had more then one since it is perfect for it (which was awesome, but the only one they had for Nogova was to huge for my squad). Also, revival is nice. It is in Coop missions and allows people to be revived instead of respawning. For example, our squad moves out, you get shot and die. Once you hit the ground, your body turns into that model that has a laying corpse with an olive drab tarp over it. The cool thing is, any of your squad mates can revive you by standing right next to you for a certain amount of time. It sounds like voodoo, but it gets really fun. Especially when you are in a middle of a mission and a squad mate goes down, the mission itself will branch into various 'search and rescue' missions just to find and revive him so you both can continue on with the mission. Also, you don't have to revive if you don't want to :P

would you ever add weapons other than just american/soviet? especially for resistance?

weapons like the g3, fnfal,fnc, Belgian MAG-58, German MG-3, m14, etc? to better reflect the various weapons guerillas use (basically anything they can get their hands on).

exlecnt mod. thanks. smile_o.gif

-USSR  to Russia

-Russian and US Medic Soldiers to have Chin-straps

-Improve Iron sights

-Improve menu layout (GUI) by adding a military technology theme

-Lower bullet kill impact from 4-5 hits to 2-3

-F22, SU-30, C130

-CFP-90 main pack to replace the vietnam war era A.L.I.C.E. pack

-CFP-90 scout pack (attached to main pack) to replace 3 Day scout pack

-SF to have M9 (with black holster)

-Armored plates on MK-19 of Humvee

-Fix the bug that allows us to see blood splatter through walls from bullet impact to the bodies

-Overright BIS models to play WGL models on single player

-US Crew members to have M4A1 instead of M16

-No more fuzzing green vegetation markings on map

-No 180 turn when looking all the way up or down

-Reconsider crosshairs. It is more realistic without but remember that this is a game we play with a monitor. It is still somewhat of a 2D world and our perception is misjudged without guidance in the virtual world.

- In the time-frame WGL was set it is the USSR

- Send a WGL dev the P3D files and you will have chinstraps.

- I'm sure iron sights will be improved in later versions. Got ideas on how they could be?

- WGL used to have a military technology theme, it was difficult for people to comprehend biggrin_o.gif

- The bullet damage will not be changed. It represents the need for suppressing fire and simulates minor wounds.

- Send a WGL dev the P3Ds and config. However two of those aircraft do not fit into the WGL timeframe.

- The alice pack was still used in the WGL timeframe.

- Send a P3D please.

- The addition of sidearms reduces the ability for rucksack items. SF soldiers would much prefer more ammo for their primary weapon than a fully loaded pistol.

- Armoured plates eh ... where? The bottom, side or top? Send a P3D with them exactly where you want them.

- OFP Engine bug, sorry.

- Nope, BIS remains BIS.

- Loadouts are in review.

- These are the closest you will get to a 1:10000 or 1:25000 military map. Realism an' all.

- Good suggestion. Will look at it.

- Crosshairs have been carefully thought out and shall remain.

Things that are unrealistic about C&H.

Tasking - Often the objectives are of no tactical value.

Force Structure/Size - The composition of each force and the size represents no military in the world today.

Respawn - Real people don't do this, they die only once.

Some realistic game styles:

Organised Cooperative with Realistic Structure/Objectives.

Organised Attack and Defend with Realistic Structure/Objectives.

I wonder if it is any mp mission or mod, where you are advancing on the enemy (occypying areas, capture towns, much like CTI and C&H) and try to outslauth the enemy, like west and east fighting against each other, trying to slay each other completly.... like a cool wipeout smile_o.gif

Or just a mission where you are trying to wipe each other out, or just joke around with vehicles and kill the enemy (the opposite side, east west) on the whole island.....if you get the point, please tell me if it is any mission with WGL mod containing something which i wrote here... smile_o.gif

I'm too lazy to read the previous 137 pages of the topic so if the answers have already been given, sorry

I've two points about WGL5, really a good mod!

do you have increased the accurency of heavy machine guns such as M60 and PKM? because I find them more precise and more easy to use than in classic OpF! fore sure they use heavier ammo than M16 or AK so PK & M 60 so they are morepowerful, I guess it reflects reality.

Second point I used the converted BIS MP mission and for some capture the flag deathmatch, you start with WGL weapon pack, however when after been killed you respawn you only get BIS weapons. is it normal? and I guess it is unfair... cause BIS weapons are more acurate, aren't they?

hello jyelka_baron_de_la_biere smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Second point I used the converted BIS MP mission and for some capture the flag deathmatch, you start with WGL weapon pack, however when after been killed you respawn you only get BIS weapons.

thats a bug. you can name the exact missions - then i will fix them. smile_o.gif

I played alone and checked

it was on adapted BIS MP

EVERON and MAIDEN on each

WGL DM Flagfiight

there are 3 missions of this kind, you start with WGL pack, you were killed you respawn again 10 sec later with a standard BIS M16 and one magazine

I found an annoying bug.

The Barrett ejekts normal 5.56 cases but every pistol throws .50s around confused_o.gif

Very confusing.

Hi there smile_o.gif

Although having much fun with WGL so far we have a problem on our server: All custom faces are completely white.

This occures to everyone, but only on our server, not on other WGL ones.

Our first (and so far only) attempt to fix this was to remove the "//" in front of the ENABLE_BIS_FACES entry in the config_base.hpp, in the wgl5\bin as well as the home directory of the server. Any idea what else could cause this and how to fix it?

Also, all the missions using Mapfacts DAC from the packet "wgl_dac_mp_missions_06_06_18.rar" don't work. They all show an error number 7, something with the waypoints. I tried to fix one, but only got the mission so far that it crashes my game sad_o.gif

Anyway, we'll keep playing this great mod, thanks to everyone involved notworthy.gif

The Barrett ejekts normal 5.56 cases but every pistol throws .50s around confused_o.gif

Very confusing.

Noted and fixed. Thanks for the report!

Quote[/b] ]Also, all the missions using Mapfacts DAC from the packet "wgl_dac_mp_missions_06_06_18.rar" don't work. They all show an error number 7, something with the waypoints. I tried to fix one, but only got the mission so far that it crashes my game

hm i will look into this. yet we have played those numerous times like 2-3 months ago huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]Although having much fun with WGL so far we have a problem on our server: All custom faces are completely white.

This occures to everyone, but only on our server, not on other WGL ones.

Our first (and so far only) attempt to fix this was to remove the "//" in front of the ENABLE_BIS_FACES entry in the config_base.hpp, in the wgl5\bin as well as the home directory of the server. Any idea what else could cause this and how to fix it?

hm the code is the same like in BIS default. the ENABLE_BIS_FACES system doesnt even tough this.

out of idea here confused_o.gif

The white faces in MP may have something to do with your server possibly running a file-size limiter with a very low limit (which restricts the size in kb of custom sounds/faces). If the faces are over this limit, they wont be loaded, and will thusly appear white.

On the Citadel we are currently testing a new game play type. It's inspired by the Pilot Down co-op. The adveserial version plays in a similar order of events.

A helicopter wreck site is randomly placed in the AO. 1 player on West starts in the wrecked helicopter with a M4 and a single magazine. He also is bleeding (I init the WGL hit effects for this player slot from the start). A medic in the rescue squad can stop the bleeding.

A squad of rangers is randomly placed around the wreck site. They must link up with the pilot and then extract. The area they must extract to is pre-determined by a green area marker. They may call for a helicopter extraction anywhere in the green marker. When they call for extraction they will be asked to click inside the green marker to pinpoint the LZ and an AI flown helicopter will perform the pick-up.

The east sides also spawns around the wreck site, but on the opposite side of the rangers. The green marker area the west soldiers must extract to is also on the opposite side from the Rangers.

No Respawn. All players leave footprints that will not fade away. Only squad leaders have access to the map. On West side only players with a radio have access to the map and may call for extraction. East does not know where the green marker for extraction is at.

That's a basic summary, there are a few more details to it. We're still shaping the mission as this is just what I've come up with so far. We could use more players to help test, most of the time we only end up with around 8. The more we test we find out which features work well and which don't. From there I modify the design a bit and we evolve.

We're going to start having official play nights every wednesday night at 8:00pm CDT (Central Daylights Savings Time) on the Citadel. We do however play other nights, we're just hoping to have the big turn-out on Wednesday nights. Come join us and help make the mission better. BTW I've also dug up "The Mark" (another adveserial no-respawn mission) that I made back in the 412 days and we're finding ways to make it better with WGL5's new features.