Sign in to follow this  
.kju

WarGames League v.5 (WGL 5) Full Release

Wow i've been really loving this mod alot. The BEST mod for an infantry fire fight ever.

Especially with the DMA Army units, is there a vehicle replacement mod which does the same thing, except using higher quality vehicles instead of the BIS ones..

Also I have a weapons replacement question. While all my automatic riflemen, use SAWs on the mp maps, in SP all my gunners use the M-60. How do i change this so that my automatic riflemen will use the saw in SP?

If you follow the "config" trail that was used to put DMA troops in, you can replace practically every unit in WGL. The problem then becomes the lag it creates for Multi-player. As stated earlier, WGL units are optimized for performance, not looks. But look at the configs and you will discover how to add vehicles. I made a config that uses Safety's Marines, Fischkopps Hmmmv's, Combat Bradleys, Homers and sigmas Tanks etc. etc. etc.

using different vehicle models from other people can cause "wonky shit" to happen in MP games

eg. when playing a tank mission a while back (might have even been with you gunter) someone in our tank was using a model replacement config.. our tank constantly bounced up and down making impossible to aim or even get out of the thing (due to constantly changed action menu).

i dont reccomend using a vehicle replacment config in MP games

But what if everyone's using the same vehicle replacement?

Then you have no problems, as its like everyone is playing with the same addons.

Then you have no problems, as its like everyone is playing with the same addons.

Couldnt have said it better.

Rabbit I think that happened cause I had an older copy of Zcommon. I believe it was different versions of CATAfghan that caused that. I normally dont use my modded config in MP because of the lag.

Well weve had quite a bit of intrest on the GOL WGL server but were mainly lacking MP missions on it.

So if someone who has any custom built WGL missions (that means no extra addons can be included apart from editor update) please feel free to PM me with a link and ill happily upload them to our server.

Anyway were having a great time with WGL on MP and found no bugs so far. Great job.

Hey Q,

Still enjoying WGL! Making my own config for it, infact!

Happened upon some more I thought I'd mention:

The RPK74 doesn't create any of those great "impact effects" that I love!

Second thing isn't really a bug, but would it be possible to have the AKS74U use the same magazine as the AK74? I understand if the team wants to differentiate the range capabilities of the two weapons, but it would be great to at least have the ability to pick up AK74 mags and use them if necessary, like you can with the RPK74.

Thanks again for this great mod.

Hey can anyone get the CAS target to work AI see it but dont do anything about it?

Anyone?

I didn't, but you can try to use MAPFACT's XCAM to check how it is created and then use it in your scripting. Just an idea.

Quote[/b] ]I still never see any smoking tank wreckage. I've played the DAC Tankwars mission on alot of the islands but no smoke?

12 or so pieces of armour destroyed inside of 1 minute of each other and none of them smoke after being disabled/destroyed.

it seems to be a map bug. i can confirm the issue.

Quote[/b] ]Also I have a weapons replacement question. While all my automatic riflemen, use SAWs on the mp maps, in SP all my gunners use the M-60. How do i change this so that my automatic riflemen will use the saw in SP?

sorry i didnt get that one. can you try to rephrase it.

@456820: what kind of maps are you guys looking for ?

there is Zeus missions, CCE, DAC - what about these ?

Quote[/b] ]The RPK74 doesn't create any of those great "impact effects" that I love!

this could be a bug. we will check this.

@coderdfox:

CAS target is basicly a laser target. AI should be able to target this one with laser guided weapons like GBU or rockets from the ah64.

ill give it a go

Quote[/b] ]Also I have a weapons replacement question. While all my automatic riflemen, use SAWs on the mp maps, in SP all my gunners use the M-60. How do i change this so that my automatic riflemen will use the saw in SP?

sorry i didnt get that one. can you try to rephrase it.

I'd say he was talking about how the BIS units still have the M60 instead of the SAW, or that the converted mission units still have the M60. If its the former, that cant be helped.

Quote[/b] ]@456820: what kind of maps are you guys looking for ?

there is Zeus missions, CCE, DAC - what about these

Any missions really which have only WGL5.0 and without any other addons becuase we would like not to upload any more addons to the server.

Most WGL missions ive seen all require extra addons.

Hello again.

We found another bug.

In Mp when ever we trow smokeshells.The smoke will be deployed at the feet of the person that trew it on everybodys screen except on the screen of the person that trew the smokeshell.

The smoke will land on the correct spot on his screen.

i see what you mean thats cti is only ment for dedicated servers , i put it up on mine got some massive choppyness but my friend got none.

Also why put it on Freya and not Freya CTI?

Hello again.

We found another bug.

In Mp when ever we trow smokeshells.The smoke will be deployed at the feet of the person that trew it on everybodys screen except on the screen of the person that trew the smokeshell.

The smoke will land on the correct spot on his screen.

Yea this one drives me nuts. Nothing worse than your squadleader telling everyone he is popping smoke for an attack only to find that it covers your current position and lets the enemy know where you are. Hopefully they can fix this one.

@456820:

did you check out misc2 or shacktactical pack of converted BIS missions ?

i can offer you to convert any amount of BIS missions very fast to WarGames too whistle.gif

@the unknown

thanks for reporting !

@punishment

i dont have so much experience with newer crCTI

yet i doubt the reason for this is WarGames.

its just the massive power needed to both host and play if you dont have a dedicated server.

Quote[/b] ]Freya and not Freya CTI?

just rename the file extension. that should do the trick wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">freya.pbo to freya_cti.pbo

@coderdfox:

CAS target is basicly a laser target. AI should be able to target this one with laser guided weapons like GBU or rockets from the ah64.

ill give it a go

Well tried it out and nothing, I used a all the AH-1, a-10's, and Apache's. No one fired just flew back and forth over it.

Is there any way to make this a target for droping bombs? I'm not sure of how IRL works, but a a10 bombing a CAS target would be helpful some times.

Thanks

Is there any way to make this a target for droping bombs? I'm not sure of how IRL works, but a a10 bombing a CAS target would be helpful some times.

Thanks

Now, I know nothing about scripting, but from what I know about configs, if you wanted to make a special free fall bomb for the AI you would make the bombs like the GBU so they can only target the laser target, but then have it so that it isnt a guided weapon, if that makes sense? (and if it will work)

Thanks

Now, I know nothing about scripting, but from what I know about configs, if you wanted to make a special free fall bomb for the AI you would make the bombs like the GBU so they can only target the laser target, but then have it so that it isnt a guided weapon, if that makes sense? (and if it will work)

Oh I was just thinking that the CAS target would show up as a "invisible tank object" or a "invisible enemy object". But then I guess ground unit would fire at it also?

I believe the original intent for the CAS system is to place an invisible marker on the Multiplayer Pilots radar so he would know where to fly on the map. There was no targeting involved just directional. The CAS target shows up on radar as a red square so you know where to fly to reach the CAS point.

OKKK I'm a Dumbass!!!!

CAS is to tell aircraft to come to your location and search and destroy, it doesnt tell the aircraft to attack the CAS target.

The Lazer weapon tell the air craft where to attack!

i see what you mean thats cti is only ment for dedicated servers , i put it up on mine got some massive choppyness but my friend got none.

Also why put it on Freya and not Freya CTI?

ive accully played CTI on both versions of the island with no real difference i had zero lag playing on both those islands.with 1500 VD nener.gif

mind you i got a nice system pistols.gif

ive played this mod since almost day 1, i competed in the WGL league years ago, played WGLZ on a weekly basis and saw it turn into WGL5 in the very capable hands of a lot of very talended people...so i cant praise this mod enough...BUT: i have an issue with this new wgl5, my favorite task in OFP has always been AT soldier, im proud to say i can hit most moving targets at extreme ranges...now, i fully agree with expendable launcher tubes and i praise you for that, but nowadays, a bloody Carl Gustav HEAT 751 rocket wont kill a lousy T55, thats just wrong, isnt it?  sad_o.gif  

p.s: if you ever release a patch, please consider this plea by raising the damage value of the CG

edit: http://products.saab.se/PDBWeb....id=3480

Very nice mod here, the most realistic i ever tried yet. just one thing i think of, is pleas increase the T-80´s AT- missile range, it explode in about 2500 meters,should atleast be able to go 4500-5000. I know it´s possible but i dont know how. Also adjust speed off different missile´s. i dont know if it is like this to improve game play or not. or if it´s a nice mix off realism and game play. or if it´s just a Realism mod. i can see it´s for MP to. the hardest thing to do must be to combine Realism Vs Balance, = Impossible, somhow it´s in this mod done.

@t80

thanks smile_o.gif

every kind of projectile and missile in ofp has a certain lifetime.

combined with its speed this gives a certain range for each one.

the way you can overcome this is by the systems CoC and MCAR for example use:

replace the projectile/missile again and again after a certain range and pass over its velocity, angle and so on.

as this would involve quite a bit of scripting and battles over ~2000 meters are in ofp quite uncommon, we hope for a change in ArmA.

not sure about the (init- &) speed in general.

one thing comes into my mind here:

you need to adapt things from RL to a game, like can AI and human still use em / what is the main battle range and so on.

@Bonko the Sane

smile_o.gif

as for t55 vs carl:

are you sure about it, or is it only the lack of crumble / effects here - i am pretty certain that the t55 shouldnt survive this.

also keep in mind that the direction of hit is far more important in WarGames.

@Bonko the Sane

smile_o.gif

as for t55 vs carl:

are you sure about it, or is it only the lack of crumble / effects here - i am pretty certain that the t55 shouldnt survive this.

also keep in mind that the direction of hit is far more important in WarGames.

im sure, as the damn things shoots back crazy_o.gif

I had something like that to, shot an bmp with an AT-4. Bmp was a little darker, but could shoot and drive normally. huh.gif

Also one machinegun from east has only one mag, is intended?

greets smile_o.gif