Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

pic

Can anyone make out the weapon on the guys back? Is it a javelin? The large sighter makes the javelin look unique in comparison to other AT weapons.

do they have littlebirds with seats in the game? (rather than rocket pods)

yeah i think so, remember that video showing two rows of vehicles and the camera moving up the isle?

pic

Can anyone make out the weapon on the guys back? Is it a javelin? The large sighter makes the javelin look unique in comparison to other AT weapons.

Looks like a Javelin to me...

yeah i think so, remember that video showing two rows of vehicles and the camera moving up the isle?

Um... and isn't the one in your sig from Armed Assault too?

Quote[/b] ]do they have littlebirds with seats in the game? (rather than rocket pods)
Quote[/b] ]yeah i think so, remember that video showing two rows of vehicles and the camera moving up the isle?
Quote[/b] ]Um... and isn't the one in your sig from Armed Assault too?

Yeah, the one in his sig is... but I think it might be old. Unless I'm totally mistaken, in which case the answer was there all along.

Um... and isn't the one in your sig from Armed Assault too?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I didnt realize that when i posted! LOL!! thanks man, im an idiot lol the pic came out when the wiki came out not old...sorry to bring my stupidness onto you guys rofl.giftounge2.gif

Good one there. Speaking of screenshots,I'm not sure if its of any importance of if anybody else noticed but look at these two images .

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/ArmAofpinfo2.jpg

http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/images/vbs1_dvd4.jpg Note the truck in the first image.

Their not the same vehicle but have similarities,smaller rear cab and different tires for the most part. Okay I'm not sure why I posted this now but theres no delete button banghead.gif

Good one there. Speaking of screenshots,I'm not sure if its of any importance of if anybody else noticed but look at these two images .

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/ArmAofpinfo2.jpg

http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/images/vbs1_dvd4.jpg Note the truck in the first image.

Yeah i wish they include all those nice lookin vehicles in Armed Assault...

I figure Franze and NodUnit will provide the next AH-64's and of course current OFP addons can be ported over,so in a way,its possible,provided CBT wouldn't get angry if somebody attempted to bring their addons over to Armed Assault. Well,the Bradley's anyway.

Hi all

Transparent water yay.gif

Finaly we will be able get a proper divers view.

Kind Regards Walker

I'm not happy with the tracer position as it's exactly the same as OFP. This leads me to believe that when firing a vehicle mounted MG the tracer will be to the right of the barrel like it was in flashpoint. Tracers are one of the things i'd love ArmA to get right.

traceroo7.jpg

I spotted this one too, and I hope it's because the mg recoil the tracer is "wrong"...

Please BIS confused_o.gif

Why is everyone soo excited about that video going under the water? Its happend to me loads in ofp, and i bet if i was using that trasperent water for ofp it would look the same, now the waves and dark deep water shallow light water looks impressive.

But that underwater shot, it happens in ofp so dont get excited jesus. crazy_o.gif

I'm not happy with the tracer position as it's exactly the same as OFP. This leads me to believe that when firing a vehicle mounted MG the tracer will be to the right of the barrel like it was in flashpoint. Tracers are one of the things i'd love ArmA to get right.

blockquote><p>Well if you ask me i dont even see a tracer, just a mussle flash.. looks fine to me [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/biggrin_o.gif' alt='biggrin_o.gif'> i dont think its that important huh.gif but ya na lol every1 has there thing wow_o.gif

But that underwater shot, it happens in ofp so dont get excited jesus.  crazy_o.gif

.... Does it? Well I'll be blowed! In the 4 yrs of playing OFP I've never managed to get the camera to go underwater! You must have the 'sub aqua' version of OFP! Please show me some screens .....  biggrin_o.gif

it does go under water , for a little second , but it shows it as if its on land , meaning you see the floor but no blueness ,its just like your on desert island on land.

btw first thing i did was get the transparent water ofpw try it, it dont work same smile_o.gif.

you can even write cam script andtry force pos , still a no no.

it does go under water , for a little second , but it shows it as if its on land , meaning you see the floor but no blueness ,its just like your on desert island on land.

btw first thing i did was get the transparent water ofpw  try it, it dont work same smile_o.gif.

Well with all respect, I don't think that you can compare an occasional underwater camera bug from OFP (which I certainly never saw) with the deliberate and perfectly rendered underwater view that we saw in that vid!  tounge2.gif

So I for one am very excited about this new feature as it opens up many more possibilities with the new water in ArmA.

The water in OFP was very unexciting, not very user friendly and was it's worst graphical let down IMO.  wink_o.gif

PS. I never actually got that transparent water mod to work in OFP, so I can't comment on whether it was any good or not! smile_o.gif

I know I'm being nitpicky but after looking at a particular screenshot for a few minutes I was able to point out some things I find just TOTALLY unrealistic.

nitpicky.jpg

1. The placement of this Bush is just totally unrealistic. It should be more to the left.

2. This rock doesnt belong here, I hope BIS removes this in the demo.

3. I'm not sure of the distance of this chopper, but it looks strange

4. This cloud is too circular, it needs to be more randomized

5. The soldier should really be watching where he's going while pointing his gun like that.

6. This blade of grass looked at me funny

7. Please move the blade of grass here

8. This tree looks too much like a triangle

btw first thing i did was get the transparent water ofpw try it, it dont work same smile_o.gif.

Well with all respect, I don't think that you can compare an occasional underwater camera bug from OFP (which I certainly never saw) with the deliberate and perfectly rendered underwater view that we saw in that vid! tounge2.gif

So I for one am very excited about this new feature as it opens up many more possibilities with the new water in ArmA.

The water in OFP was very unexciting, not very user friendly and was it's worst graphical let down IMO. wink_o.gif

PS. I never actually got that transparent water mod to work in OFP, so I can't comment on whether it was any good or not! smile_o.gif

well there is no comparison to make, ones accidental one is part of prog smile_o.gif.

btw you can also have no water at all.

Nogova at davle bridge without water wink_o.gif

nogwater2rk7.jpg

That's cool! Is the water gone properly or does it still kill you even though it's not there?  biggrin_o.gif   And do the boats now float in mid air or are they all grounded on the sand?

Me wants to build a sand castle! ... But wait it could be a tsunami!  biggrin_o.gif

Lets take a closer look at that tracer.

img1wb6.jpg

The two images are from the same place if not same scene,the red circle indicated soldier positions,the yellow is used to zero in on the soldiers gun and the magenta circle is located on what would be where the ammo is stored,obviously not an M16A2.

Judging from the look of these tracer positions,there are no shots fired by the soldier in the sandbags,a possible shot or two from the soldier with a pistol,now lets look at the other image.

img2rz2.jpg

Here we have two possible tracers,the red and cyan lines represent where the bullet would have gone,obviously this tracer is not from the gun we see. Another thing to note,the tracer in the larger green circle has a transparent rear but a more 'solid' front,I would bet this was a tracer shot from the enemy.

Nice simplistic 'clock' indicator for soldier position as well.

Who cares about nitpicking. People who do that will NEVER be satisfied. They live to point out flaws. I can't imagine how they would describe heaven.

--Ben