Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]I say again; Game 2, anyone?

I was talking about the visual part wink_o.gif

if i throw a nade, will the dog run after it?

Let's hope so. yay.gif

Jk of course.

if i throw a nade, will the dog run after it?

LOL rofl.gif

That'd be funny to see in ArmA.

John R. @ Aug. 25 2006,17:27)]Yes! And better! The Dog brings it back to you!

Hrhr, a good one!

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Disreguard previous post.

I hope BIS doesn't go with the de-saturated look. It makes the game look incredibly dull and exactly the same as OFP1. High polycounts and textures don't matter if the game looks boring. Go outside if you think they are oversaturated-the world looks like that! With vibrant greens and sunshine and beautiful, blue skies! Especially considering Sahrani seems to be a tropical location!

Nighttime still looks like crappy, pitch-black Black-And-White OFP confused_o.gif But I'm sure BIS is going to improve that and they haven't gotten to it yet.

Also, the forest in one shot looks like it lacks undergrowth..dense undergrowth is a must!

One way BIS can fix this cheaply though is for certain forest areas and textures have the grass texture be replaced by a Fern Texture smile_o.gif So instead of having dense grass in a forest (Which you don't really see IRL except in forest clearings) you have dense ferns and small shrubs in the forest.

However, I also see kneepads and camelbaks in a few shots smile_o.gif

1156442379976.jpg

observe: here are the two different style sleves in the same shot.  What's that all about?

Some one asked "why are there army and navy units mixed together?" (marine cobra is in the game aswell as other army things).  My theory is that the army call the speedy responce of the marines.  One of the gus in this image is navy, one army.  Notice how the guys at the back does not have the bull symbol on his arm. Whats your thoughs on that? huh.gif

Maybe im totally wrong.

As far as the different details on the soldier models, i.e. with/without kneepads, short/long sleeves, camelbacks etc My guess is that BIS are trying to vary the units so that squads don't look like a bunch of clones.

I remember reading in these forums that Marines don't wear ACU, so I don't think the short sleeved units are marines. In one screenshot a short-sleeved soldier is seen to wear the 'bull' patch.

I do however believe that we will see marines in the game, it's probably just that they haven't been modelled yet. Like we have yet to see tank crew and pilots.

As far as the different details on the soldier models, i.e. with/without kneepads, short/long sleeves, camelbacks etc My guess is that BIS are trying to vary the units so that squads don't look like a bunch of clones.

I remember reading in these forums that Marines don't wear ACU, so I don't think the short sleeved units are marines. In one screenshot a short-sleeved soldier is seen to wear the 'bull' patch.

I do however believe that we will see marines in the game, it's probably just that they haven't been modelled yet. Like we have yet to see tank crew and pilots.

hmm...sounds possible.

I like the idea of different guys. In Ten Hammers, the guys all have some slight difference, making them unique. THis would be nice in ArmA. Hope your right.

You don't see the bull because he is too far away. LODs

arma can afford modelised sand bags i think, someone will have to mod this.

I personally don't like these sand bags..

They look like they were painted in a wall..

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/1156442366717.jpg

Is that the best they can do?

I'd love to see you make something better.

Plus it needs to be in low-poly not 10,000 polys for a sandbag wall. smile_o.gif

lol ,i think some people have forgot which market this game is aimed at smile_o.gif.

"Recent articles speculated that the game may appeal to a more mainstream gamer "

mainstreamers dont have time to see if shirt sleeves are down or sandbags look shit.they too busy spamming and shouting obsmeties down the mike or yelling cheat smile_o.gif.

p.s i do realise it is only aimed more towards MStream than ofp it isnt totally aimed at Mstream. but the fact it is give bis a bit more liscence to hmm omit some detail than if it was a full simulator ..

what do i personally think of arma?

a goodlooking version of ofp that is tweaked perfect for main stream games in vast enviroments. big tick job done

is it a sequal to ofp ? never smile_o.gif.

hmm...sounds possible.

I like the idea of different guys. In Ten Hammers, the guys all have some slight difference, making them unique. THis would be nice in ArmA. Hope your right.

yes, the more detailed and realistic those soldiers look, the more are such variations needed.

What i'd LOVE to see would be variations within animation, so that different soldiers would aim their gun slightly different from others, put the rifle butt not always at the same place, walk a bit different etc. The exact same movements for each soldier makes them more look like clones than the same uniform (imho).

But i guess that if it's needed that all people in the game are the same height for animation purposes (most recent interview), there can only be one set of anims for everyone amiright?

Quote[/b] ]Nighttime still looks like crappy, pitch-black Black-And-White OFP

the only picture in nighttime is this one. Not much a reference huh?

Quote[/b] ]Nighttime still looks like crappy, pitch-black Black-And-White OFP

this pic must be some kind of joke from bis.

[ig]http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/1156442379976.jpg[/img]

observe: here are the two different style sleves in the same shot. What's that all about?

Some one asked "why are there army and navy units mixed together?" (marine cobra is in the game aswell as other army things). My theory is that the army call the speedy responce of the marines. One of the gus in this image is navy, one army. Notice how the guys at the back does not have the bull symbol on his arm. Whats your thoughs on that? huh.gif

Maybe im totally wrong.

I think many of you are really looking too far into this smile_o.gif...one guy thought it was reallly hot out so he rolled up his sleeves, and the other guy was to lazy to do so. Also, only army wears ACU.

Quote[/b] ]

A picture is worth a thousand words. Especially since there is a visible light source (lighthouse) that shines on the terrain...but the terrain is still black-and white. This indicates that the unrealistic light shader is still in. Also, no new lighting effects are visible for nighttime-it looks exactly the same as OFP1. This screenshot looks like a 2001 throwback.

but the terrain is still black-and white. This  indicates that the unrealistic light shader is still in.

IMO it isnt totally unrealstic, it is very hard to see different colors when its dark in real life huh.gif

And that screenshot is way to blurry to see if its still the same kind if 'OFP-triangle-lines-lightning' smile_o.gif

Yeah,generally when it is night time and there are no lights around its pitch black sooo...yeah thats realistic,unless the moon is full or so,I can't say I'v walked out in the night while fishing a few times and my surroundings were blue but instead black and I couldn't see a damn thing....

Yeah,generally when it is night time and there are no lights around its pitch black sooo...yeah thats realistic,unless the moon is full or so,I can't say I'v walked out in the night while fishing a few times and my surroundings were blue but instead black and I couldn't see a damn thing....

Even with the full moon, you wont see something something thats normally red, its more a grey-reddish color smile_o.gif

Yes, but if a high-powered light is shining upon it, it usually tends to be its normal color. huh.gif

Yup. It depents on the energy of the photon that gets to the eye whether a Cone (color) or a rod (b/w, intensity) in the retina triggers to create the image in our minds.

Yes, but if a high-powered light is shining upon it, it usually tends to be its normal color. huh.gif

Exactly!! Thats why I turned off that with dxdll in ofp..