Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Wait what now? Did they lock the aim in the centre of the screen? Why!? sad_o.gif

Actually, that's a feature I was hoping for to be in ArmA, it will make flying with either choppers and aircrafts easier. smile_o.gif

Hmm i cant seem to be able to play the video in windows media player, it says file scheme not reconised. Any help?

You may not have downloaded the whole thing. I know I only got about the first 15 seconds of it the first time I tried. Maybe try redownloading it.

Guest Ti0n3r
Hmm i cant seem to be able to play the video in windows media player, it says file scheme not reconised. Any help?

Right click and save as, should work.

The AI looked a bit dum in the movie you was shooting and an enemy AI moves a meter in front of you and he keeps walking without taking cover or shooting back I hope it is an old alpha version cuase the AI in that movie looked and acted just like old OFP sad_o.gif

Right click and save as, should work.

that did the trick tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]the AI looked a bit dum in the movie you was shooting and an enemy AI moves a meter in front of you and he keeps walking without taking cover or shooting back I hope it is an old alpha version cuase the AI in that movie looked and acted just like old OFP

Most properly is, i noticed a few old animations in the movie (like the death animations)

I'm very disappointed that they centred the aim, it was a key feature of OFP that I will miss.

Maybe the AI is kinda like the animations,one of hte last htings to be replaced,havent seen the video yet,waiting for it to download....download faster damn you pc!

Can't say much about the rotor blades,I remember in OFP at certain angles I guess due to loading more things,the rotors would turn rotate slower or faster. Hmm..locked aim..crap,just like OFP:E,I sure hope thats changeable,one of the things I liked about OFP was its not so arcade like "center style shooting". I however would tend to think quite a bit has changed,do note the soldier models,mostly OFP:E place holders,the soldier in the leaning scene,OFP:E US Specops,look at the soldiers running around,OFP:E soldiers. Judging from the information that the recent pictures have provided,I would have to guess this footage is quite old but gives some insight. Thank you for gettin it. Hands look great,even though they might not go around the gun,ah well,not a big issue to bitch about really.

Aside from the town fights which I like (Sure hope to see a map with a large city with skyscrapers n whatnot and a all out war going on there...*sigh*..one can only dream of war in a big city...anyway) and I see they added one of the things I loved about OFP:E,the liveliness of the natural enviroment biggrin_o.gif

Glad they give a display of the collision,I'm sure we all remember bumper cars in OFP,hit eachother and bounce all over the place..or hit a pole and keep going like ya hit nothin..unless your in a car,then 70% of the time you were dead.

But theres more to the picture of possibilities for OFP than what is shown,with better collision detection there would be extremely rare instances of going through walls and objects if ever. With this ability we could also create indoor combat,underground possibly,biggest thing we'd have to do is make a custom make with a big gap,the building having a ladder or stairs and of course setting the ground contact correctly. And shaders and bump maps would only add to it,I wonder what about lighting...ah wel,if not then no biggie..hmm...metinks...I bet the addon makers will be all over it,the possibilities given to us through this update.....okay time to shut the hell up.

We'll just have to wait and see what comes and what happens,so glad they did a remix of sorts of the main OFP theme,yaknow the one,when the East invades Nogova,and..so on,like an OFP musical trade mark...alright I'm done ranting for now.

i am not happy to see center aiming at all, well flying/ driving yes maybe, but in the soldier part? i always like the way ofp handle the aim, makes you feel like you acturaly holding a gun with your hands, not holding with a piece of wood shaped into a hand and mounted on your body, if i wanted a "crosshair" at the centre of the screen i simply click into weapon sight mode, thats what it is for.

hoping that this can be turn off and bring the good old system back

About the collision detection, did you notice that as the player backs the truck up after ramming the empty one.. the rear axles go down from the curb to the road INDEPENDANTLY. yay.gif Can only guess what that allows us to do in scripting.

*goes quick to check it wasn't in OFP*

THOSE PICS LOOKS DAMN AWESOME GOOD...

WOW AA also include Desert camo units...COO...OOL !!!!!

pistols.gifwow_o.gifsmile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifhuh.gif

I just downloaded and watched that video. Is it my imagination, or BIS improved strafing with iron sights up? Also, the animation of getting in the truck, i like it. Btw, i love czech language, it sounds so fluent biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Oh, yes, that centered aim, i don't like that confused_o.gif

That vid is from the old BETA again...  confused_o.gif

IIRC The centered aim was editable in OFP with the lines

minGunTurn=-8;

maxGunTurn=8;

Lets hope its the same like that in ArmA smile_o.gif

Its the first time i've noticed the gun sights fading in and out when going to gun sight view and not sure if it looks quite right (quite noticable 3m15s in). But like all things it might not be a permanant thing dropped in later builds or might be optional or possibly i'll grow to like it. I've just not hear anyone else mention it.

Quote[/b] ]Also, the animation of getting in the truck, i like it.

Heh, it's the same as in OFP.

I'm very disappointed that they centred the aim, it was a key feature of OFP that I will miss.

I like the centered aim. I think it'll be a nice change from OFP.

Only thing that scares me, is that when a server disables the crosshair, that all a guy has to do is mark a dot on his monitor and he can hit accuratly without having to bring up the ironsights.

I guess this is the same old ArmA version we saw a few month ago wink_o.gif

So don't panic

That vid is from the old BETA again... confused_o.gif

IIRC The centered aim was editable in OFP with the lines

minGunTurn=-8;

maxGunTurn=8;

Lets hope its the same like that in ArmA smile_o.gif

Yeh, the guy that was playing this was a special operator. they are often instructed to keep their rifle in one line with their body.

However, something tells me they haven't thought of it that way... tounge2.gif .

I liked the "free cursor" in OFP, because often soldiers try to ajust their gun as much as possible without moving their entire body.

Yeah, centre aiming = bad, I liked being able to look around without having to point my gun there (eg, over the shoulder). I'm feeling uneasy about this whole thing... it seems like BIS are acadising the thing just a little... hmmm. Have to wait and see, I guess.

I am really unhappy with the AI in the latest video. They still act absolutely retarded in close quarters environments. The player was dominating and was going rambo for all of the movie...incase anyone else missed that. There's no way in reality you should just be able to pick off five guys like that without them even firing back at you once.

The fact he managed to lay waste to AI while alone just echoes of old flashpoint CQB. Oh why BIS, why?

Agree, but this is meant to only be an improved OFP engine. Still, the guy manning the HMG didn't even wink when his buddy karked it - funny stuff (and a little disappointing).

For crying out loud people examine the details of how old the footage is before thinking this will be the final result,yeesh.

that video is at least 6 months old.. im still waiting for the first "up-todate" video, but i guess that would just spoil the E3 suprise.. *shakes fist in a angery fasion*

just 12 more days.. plus another week befor we see anything from E3 about ArmA.

its hard to believe that as of yet there is still no publisher willing to publish ArmA, it just baffles the mind.

if i had the money and resources, i'd publish ArmA... *common lottery.. 35 million.. so close!!*