Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

EDIT: i do wish they added some anti aliasing to the game.

Games dont even need a built in Antialiasing option in game, it's controlled by your video card driver settings which I'm sure BIS have turned off. Just like with OFP, you need to have AA on in video driver settings because theres no setting for it in game.

omg look at the player models...helmet, armor, the shaders.

so much improvement.

good job

the screens look great, they really used alot of bumbmapping.

one thing is bugging me... i dont see any normalmapping of anykind anywhere.

im suprized that they havent used any normalmaps to add even more detail to the models. the soldiers flack vest could really use some normalmapping, ass can the tires on the BDRM and the tracks on the tanks.

....that is normal mapping.

Damn im freakin drunk but these screens rock! Nice job BI xmas_o.gif

Wow! These look stunning smile_o.gif . Thanks for the pics.

The only thing that worries me is the lack of shadows for the objects in the background. Look at the building and the palm trees on that sandy area there, in the background. Where have the shadows all gone? Is it an LOD thing? The palm trees and that building should be casting a shadow to the right, yes?

http://www.armedassault.com/shots/arma1.png

One other thing, I find it odd that the shadows on the ground (soil) are so light, they seem dark enough when they meet that road (tarmac) but are too light when cast on the soil.

My 2 cents. Apart from that they are simply outstanding.

Nice stuff biggrin_o.gif

But I want to see some nighttime screenshots!

The pic with the two soldiers...are they wearing some kind of woodland with 1985 russian gear?

Ive seen pics of "russian" looking troops now in russian and woodland camo. crazy_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Russian looking troops in woodland camo would make sense to me, since it's a communist republic huh.gif

Im already dreaming of all the addons and mods that is going to be made. Just think WWII and Vietnam in this "eye-candy"

(yea thats right eye candy.) setting, its beyond what you dare to wish for almost.

Although it looks great on pictures, pictures themself dont tell the whole story, they are static. I cant wait to be there, the wind going through the trees, birds singing,

your sweaty hand grasping desperately the weapon as the sound of war is approaching. (Its early in the morning and im high on coffe, nvm.) rofl.gif

Now we know the graphics is pretty "alright" hehe, I hope the sound and AI holds the same quality.

How this graphics and 60 players, plus AIs, on MP should work, is beyond on my beliefs. crazy_o.gif

But I guess it's more or less possible.

Well a videocard that is able to load all textures in its memory should do it :P

Wow! These look stunning smile_o.gif . Thanks for the pics.

The only thing that worries me is the lack of shadows for the objects in the background. Look at the building and the palm trees on that sandy area there, in the background. Where have the shadows all gone? Is it an LOD thing? The palm trees and that building should be casting a shadow to the right, yes?

One other thing, I find it odd that the shadows on the ground (soil) are so light, they seem dark enough when they meet that road (tarmac) but are too light when cast on the soil.

My 2 cents. Apart from that they are simply outstanding.

on the other note, the rear sight of M16/M4 has quite a detail.

Also notice on the right in the background the rather steep cliff with the building ontop, I wounder if its now possible to have trenches on islands? Because in OFP (with wrp edit) it wasnt possible since you could not alter the height so accuratly. whistle.gif

Edit:Plus great screens BIS! keep up the good work guys.

They say its a fictonal army, therefore fictonal camo lol biggrin_o.gif

Also notice on the right in the background the rather steep cliff with the building ontop, I wounder if its now possible to have trenches on islands? Because in OFP (with wrp edit) it wasnt possible since you could not alter the height so accuratly. whistle.gif

Nogova Bridge where the church was on top, it was a steep cliff and had a fence round the side with church on top?

Nogova Bridge where the church was on top, it was a steep cliff and had a fence round the side with church on top?

oh yea, your right my bad confused_o.gif ah well! you never know whistle.gif

Look what i just noticed.. i dont no if its on another screen or what but loook at the picture of the guy on the website.. look at the massive town behind him?

http://www.armedassault.com/

Guest Ti0n3r

Oh my. That's about same size as those cities in the latest terain module for VBS. Niiice. icon1.gif

This one?

mainpic2.jpeg

The resolution is poor but you can see the nice lighting effects. ... And if that is an ingame city behind him .. wWOW!

... Just a bit bigger than Lipany then! rofl.gif

This one?

http://www.fotocraft.org.uk/images/mainpic2.jpeg

The resolution is poor but you can see the nice lighting effects. ... And if that is an ingame city behind him .. wWOW!

... Just a bit bigger than Lipany then! rofl.gif

If thats a In-Game SS, the light efects are amazing, on the hills, city, even in soldier s helmet, very good indeed.

As for the rest of the SS i was wow_o.gif , good job BIS.