Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Who are these guys with the old desert camo?

Sanari troops?

strange guys...

Sahrani troops. It's similar to present Iraq, where US soldiers are using ACU and Iraqis old "chocolate chips" camo...

thats correct.

US army is training Sharani troops

Rather ironic they rate it with its lowest settings when common sense would tell you that to get better graphics you set it to higher settings icon_rolleyes.gif idiots....

So anyway,that raises another question,if the chocolate chip camo guys are south sahrani's then what are the tri desert color soldiers?

Other US troops? Now heres the interesting thing,in earlier images we see a US flag patch on their arm.

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/2159/armedassault05op0.jpg

And yet here we see what may be the south sahrani flag.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6384/aa190906pic30df9.jpg

Also seen on their armor,this is an earlier image before they got the armor crew infantry which is where we first saw the chocolate chip soldier uniform.

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3668/armbeta1wj9.jpg

However in this image we see two soldiers,one tank crew and the other infantry,both wearing the same color uniform.

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/4108/armatisc3xp4.jpg

The english version shows the sahrani forces in the tri colored camo whereas this showed them in chocolate chip,perhaps they made a different camoflauge for different regions or the Czech version? Same with the humvee.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1961/armatisc1uo4.jpg

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3337/0021ny3.jpg

Tri desert color soldiers could be the Royal Guards or whatever they were called. Thus they have better weapon (G36) and better camo (tri desert) wink_o.gif.

I would say they just redone the Humvee model or skin. I don't think there is two version. It's like the South Sahrani, redone too.

But i would be happy to be wrong and the game to have 2 themed camo Forest/Desert

That would make sense but it still doesn't solve the humvee mystery.

Humvee mystery? I probably missed something smile_o.gif What kind of mystery do you mean?

Edit: Now i spot it. You mean the changed camo. I think the explanation is simple. They just made new, more detailed textures for Humvees and also retextured the soldiers. On new sreens are only the ACU/Choco chips + "russians".

He means the new texture shown in an already posted screenshot, just a few posts above.

If this is a final texture rework, I´m starting to think that they really like to be inaccurate, because the aconditionated air grid (only present in up-armored Humvees M-1114-1116) is still there in their M-998-10XX. And I´ve already talked about this issue in some posts before, posting even pictures.

Now I see my comments have been ignored.

Another thing I´ve noticed is the new wheels textures shown in that screenshot. They´ve redone it to look like the wheels used by special operations humvees. Another mistery or another innacuracy.

Perhaps a Spec Op humvee? Mmm I don´t think so but otherwise I can´t really understand why this change.

Specops humvee is all I could sum it up to,considering there is also a variant with a 50cal,shown in the widescreen night images. The strange thing would be..why make a completely new humvee texture and not the abrams? Now the two don't match unless they are indeed seperate.

the most logical explanaition in my eyes is that there are more types available icon_rolleyes.gif In one of the earlier interviews it was mentioned that the soldiers have different camo for the different missions/locations I guess they have this for everything, but maybe it's also more like the dump of US vehicles that need paintjob icon_rolleyes.gif

Specops humvee is all I could sum it up to,considering there is also a variant with a 50cal,shown in the widescreen night images. The strange thing would be..why make a completely new humvee texture and not the abrams? Now the two don't match unless they are indeed seperate.

Well... and if Hmmwv got the new texture just few days before release, how you can be sure, that the same fate didn't met the Abrams? smile_o.gif

Unless it was something they did after the imagery,there was no indication of the abrams having a change in the night image which showed the humvee with 50cal.

Most definatly..I think he may have lost an eye too,definatly European variant,this would never be allowed in the US,we can have gore in doom type games,we can have gore in fear but we cannot have gore in war games,ironic isn't it? icon_rolleyes.gif Just another reason to get the european variant. Of course that is if its released in the US,I'm sure eventually it will be,probably a few months after the rest of Europe.

And now we can see the sahrani flag in that image,you'll find it if you look closely.

And nope,the landrover has the Sahrani camo scheme.

And now that I think about it..that death animation wasn't in the pictured animations,so either they replaced some or added a new one or two.

The harrier on second vid is loaded with Paveye's ( laser guided bombs) i assume we can link this fact to a screen with soldier carrying a laser guidind device on his back whistle.gif

I can imagine a mission in which you have to move through the patroled forest to small city outskirts, citty has strong defences cause enemy oficer is stationen inside. You have to observe the city from the hill and find the house with officer inside ( he arrivers in jeep and gets inside) . Then you lesser designate that building and call for air support. few mins later you can see one harrier high on the sky flying over city and after 15 seconds , designateg building dissapears in big explosion and cloud of somoke/dirt inlove.gifinlove.gif

OMG THATS how ArmA should look, whats the specs of the pc in question Ive gotta know! biggrin_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]This is all running on a Shuttle with a 7600GT and only 512 system RAM. Quite surprised me that the system could handle the the 3,000-odd by 1,200-odd resolution. Medium Detail settings.

I'm unpinning this thread as it's pretty worthless as a source of information now and the pinned space thread is needed for more important "messages".

Obviously feel free to use it for discussion as you like, I'll pin a new combined "official updates" thread to cover updates about ArmA and new screenshots and such smile_o.gif