Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I thought they were trying to make the default view distance about 1600m , if not closer to 2000m.

So you actually have the press version? How does it run on your system (Avg. fps and what are you computer specs., ect....)?

Yes I have press version from third week of august...

I just checked that default view distance and its really exactly 1200m... But it can change in final version...

Talking about HW pretensions would be preterm, cause like I said in that preview, optimalization is on the schedule, so its not done yet...

I just can say, that my PC specs are AMD64 3200+, 1GB RAM, X800XL 256MB and that screens is coming from it.... smile_o.gif But fps wasn't really enjoying...

wow_o.gif I actualy just got two stars on my name!! yay.gif

...what does it do? huh.gif

It is as mysterous as the stars in the ofp-debriefing.... wink_o.gif

wow_o.gif I actualy just got two stars on my name!!   yay.gif

This is the very reason why soooo many people post pointless replies on threads as it ups there post count thus giving them "stars"...Infact i've just posted one myself  banghead.gif

Their planning to make it this way,the demo is not the final plan.

When do we get a demo?! mad_o.gif

[EDIT] wow_o.gif I actualy just got two stars on my name!! yay.gif

When we do,stop wasting your time debating on it,its pointless adn we will not know officially until BIS states otherwise,until then the discussion is worthless.

Unless people stop spamming I'll reset their post counts to zero.

Quite right, sorry. notworthy.gif

Right, back on topic about these screen shots;

See this one.  It looks fab, but is this 4x4 replacing Frank's pickup?  I hope it's as well as the beat up red one with the patchwork door.  It gave the feel that the island populas was poor.

Also should the HumVee <a href="http://www.bistudio.com/games/aa/Anniversary_Release

_ArmA_02.jpg" target="_blank">here</a> be glinting quite so much?

[EDIT] I just noticed that the HumVee image is a few months old, at least 22/6/06 and has probably been altered..

Quite right, sorry. notworthy.gif

Right, back on topic about these screen shots;

See this one. It looks fab, but is this 4x4 replacing Frank's pickup? I hope it's as well as the beat up red one with the patchwork door. It gave the feel that the island populas was poor.

Also should the HumVee <a href="http://www.bistudio.com/games/aa/Anniversary_Release

_ArmA_02.jpg" target="_blank">here</a> be glinting quite so much?

[EDIT] I just noticed that the HumVee image is a few months old, at least 22/6/06 and has probably been altered..

If I had to guess, that probably is intended as a "government" (either North/South Sahrani) truck...

Yeah, maybe the southerners spec ops use it or summat. Could be converted to an FAV pretty quick.

On an aside - that song is ridiculous, BD. I'll have to play it to my brother next time I thrash him at StarCraft. biggrin_o.gif

i think its for civilian use biggrin_o.gif its got like no military markings on it or anything. Yeah maybe for spec op use too tounge2.gif You can have a trabant for spec op use in ofp soo biggrin_o.gif

landrover 110. It looks really long compared to the hummer but I think thats to do with the camera angle.

All the green camo. Looks like the Marines turning up for the last bits of fighting in Northern Sahrani.

All the green camo. Looks like the Marines turning up for the last bits of fighting in Northern Sahrani.

Those are BDUs, not MARPATs; I am guessing they are still Army (although, I am sure there are still some USMC units that use BDUs). It's just that ACUs tend to stand out too much against the green/forested backgourd (in game and in the real life), so it makes sence to use BDUs instead.

Peace,

DreDay

is this a picture from the

game?

pic

cus its truly amazing

edit: hehe same question biggrin_o.gif

As I said in the other thread, IMHO these renders are at least 9 months old - they probably date back even further and were created almost as concept art for Arma. Note they use the old Arma models which we saw in the early screenshots, the foliage looks more jungle than anything we've seen on Sahrani.