Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I must say Arma is looking better and better even time I see it. smile_o.gif

I love the new scenic shots we've had in the past few days, very atmospheric, but has anyone else noticed that the water doesnt seem to reflect the world around it? I notice there is glare from the sun but no actual reflections.

Am I wrong?

yes but instead we can see whats beneath water..

if there were fish we would be able to see them biggrin_o.gif

Lol, yeah i like the new water transparency but I would still like to see water relfections, especailly since kegetys dxdll did it in ofp wink_o.gif

It could just be a shader effect they havent implimented yet? How hard would it be to do?

Lol, yeah i like the new water transparency but I would still like to see water relfections, especailly since kegetys dxdll did it in ofp wink_o.gif

It could just be a shader effect they havent implimented yet? How hard would it be to do?

I'd only want the reflections in still waters, like lakes. Not so much in the ocean.

But in ArmA there are 3d waves... reflections made on a flat water with a nice mimap take less resources than reflections on 3d waves wink_o.gif So they may elided it. This is my pov.

yes but instead we can see whats beneath water..

if there were fish we would be able to see them biggrin_o.gif

Or subs/divers.

I love that ambush video. inlove.gif I shit you not, I felt nervous for that bloke standing on the road before the convoy came... so bloody atmospheric. I'm glad Sahrani seems to have the woodland areas I love playing in OFP, with the pine forests and whatnot. Desert areas are OK, but not my favourite. For a while I was scared Sahrani would just be a bit dustbowl, but it seems that it's got a bit of everything.

The second I get that game... it's straight to the mission editor. biggrin_o.gif

I love that ambush video. inlove.gif I shit you not, I felt nervous for that bloke standing on the road before the convoy came... so bloody atmospheric. I'm glad Sahrani seems to have the woodland areas I love playing in OFP, with the pine forests and whatnot. Desert areas are OK, but not my favourite. For a while I was scared Sahrani would just be a bit dustbowl, but it seems that it's got a bit of everything.

The second I get that game... it's straight to the mission editor. biggrin_o.gif

Mhhm...and I guess you missed a bit of detail. North Sahrani has a more European surrounding,meaning thick forests and vast plains,south has more of a tropical feel to it. Not to mention the north part is much bigger.

Yeah, I knew that. I was referring to what I used to think, about 8-12 months back, when it seemed all the pics we used to get were desertish or tropicana. biggrin_o.gif

perhaps they will release a photoshop plug in for arma first biggrin_o.gif

nice screens- love the interiors and all the other stuff ive seen so far.

(sabber lechtz) some german words for my real emotions about arma. notworthy.gif

Where are these pics coming from? Are these from BIS or did they hand newer press demos out at GC?

And is it just me, or is the view distance shrinking as the game progresses? It might just be overcast, but I just hope they're not putting too much eye candy that will make the default view distance lower then what was planned.

Where are these pics coming from? Are these from BIS or did they hand newer press demos out at GC?

And is it just me, or is the view distance shrinking as the game progresses? It might just be overcast, but I just hope they're not putting too much eye candy that will make the default view distance lower then what was planned.

This screens are from me and it from press version from 21st August (this version was presented on GC 2006)

And that distance... I haven't TOP PC, so I was changing details and view distance... For 8 screens I've used same distance and for screen with sea and island i set distance way above that... (but i dont remember how much....) Default view distance is about 1200m, I mean... But it can change in time..

Those of you, who can speak czech, can go to www.cgm.cz and read whole preview from "GC06" version plus see few more screens, that aren't posted here wow_o.gif)

And cause I see you like them, I'll try to do more tommorow :wink:

(sabber lechtz) some german words for my real emotions about arma. notworthy.gif

Why do that when the contrast can be adjusted by the user to make things darker.

I thought they were trying to make the default view distance about 1600m , if not closer to 2000m.

So you actually have the press version? How does it run on your system (Avg. fps and what are you computer specs., ect....)?

Why do that when the contrast can be adjusted by the user to make things darker.

good question biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Their planning to make it this way,the demo is not the final plan.

When do we get a demo?! mad_o.gif

[EDIT] wow_o.gif I actualy just got two stars on my name!! yay.gif

...what does it do? huh.gif