Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Great review! Excellent pictures!

Sent the site link to all my squad members for their reading and viewing pleasure.

Good to see the game isn't looking horrible on older systems.

I have the same graphic card (GF 6800GS) but my processor is much better (oc'ed A64 3700+), RAM is equal. Does anyone know if ArmA needs more CPU than GPU power huh.gif?

Good to see the game isn't looking horrible on older systems.

I have the same graphic card (GF 6800GS) but my processor is much better (oc'ed A64 3700+), RAM is equal. Does anyone know if ArmA needs more CPU than GPU power huh.gif?

CG: Can you tell us something about the HW requirements?

IDEA: For optimal performance you need at least 3Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM and really the best video card, because the exteriors are really incredibly diverse.

Still, I hope it's gonna be fine on medium with a Pentium D 805 with a 6600 GT. smile_o.gif

same old shite different day .if you gonna review pls be original

wheres the destructable bridge / buildings ?

wheres the crash test/ collision test ?

where is the firing from multiple gun turrets ?

where is the 10 k view distance ?

where is the building interior in town ?

where is the flying in group formation of helis

where is the artilery firing and how to ?

where is the walking in water to see it and what happens ?

where is the scripting using new commands from the wiki ?

where is the JIP on off description ?

where is the fecking game smile_o.gif ?

where is the etc etc. ?

pls Bis give it to a known stalwart so we can see what it is where buying..

save us from this mike reeds run around in sahrani .

I hate Starforce!!!!!!! crazy_o.gif

Securom isn´t aggressive too, but I don´t need protections on software whistle.gif

No, YOU don't need protection. BIS does wink_o.gif

deano: you're my kind a fella wink_o.gif all review of press demo i see are bunch of garbage (image and text wise). Like the dudes didn't even play classic ofp.

Do you guys think it's illegal for me to download a starforceless version of the game after i buy it? I would have the CD right next to me and then i go and torrent the clean version.

If it is illegal then i just can't buy arma, not with starforce. sad_o.gif

Starforce?! Oh no... no no no no NO! Not the ravager of CD drives! sad_o.gif

After hearing that there will be no T-80, tank interiors or an Mi-24 in ArmA this just really isn't the best thing to rekindle my excitement for the game... banghead.gifgoodnight.gifhelp.gif

Starforce sad_o.gif willing to buy some customer respect please...

Can only hope, if they release the game with starforce, that they'll remove the protection in a patch or so after the initial sales period. Slow boots and needing cd will kill off players quickly.

same old shite different day .if you gonna review pls be original

wheres the destructable bridge / buildings ?

wheres the crash test/ collision test ?

where is the firing from multiple gun turrets ?

where is the 10 k view distance ?

where is the building interior in town ?

where is the flying in group formation of helis

where is the artilery firing and how to ?

where is the walking in water to see it and what happens ?

where is the scripting using new commands from the wiki ?

where is the JIP on off description ?

where is the fecking game smile_o.gif ?

where is the etc etc. ?

pls Bis give it to a known stalwart so we can see what it is where buying..

save us from this mike reeds run around in sahrani .

While I don't share deanosbeano's attitude and I do very much appreciate people taking their time to review the ArmA press release. I do see where he is coming from. All the reviews that I have read so far have been insufficient. They all sound the same to me: "ArmA is so much better than OFP", yet they fail to focus on any new features. This is dissapointing to say the least.

Peace,

DreDay

there is no attitude, i just felt ,that in order to get my message across, i needed to be straight to the point . i was more saying same shite diff day in order to somment on this thread rather than interview, a new preview and 1000 wooohooos about the same old info , its been the same since e3 2005 .

apologies to any mis understanding.

wheres is the new damage model ? icon1.gif

In my opinion we wont see 10km viewdistance...not even close!

We will see 10km viewdistance.

Maybe not with our systems that we run atm, but quadcore CPU`s will be available very soon. wink_o.gif

Maybe not with our systems that we run atm, but quadcore CPU`s will be available very soon. wink_o.gif

if u can see more than 10km then you must be using a telescope.....

I wonder why BIS even bothers with such tasks?!, 2km max for viewdistance settings is more then enough, as from experience, battles allways starts on some 500m and lower...

I mean, i real life, i need glasses to see someones face who is more then 10m away and i can't read subtitles on more then 2m from monitor. biggrin_o.gif

I wonder why BIS even bothers with such tasks?!, 2km max for viewdistance settings is more then enough, as from experience, battles allways starts on some 500m and lower...

I mean, i real life, i need glasses to see someones face who is more then 10m away and i can't read subtitles on more then 2m from monitor. biggrin_o.gif

with the everage human height (1,70m) and if you look to the horizon (ocean) what you see is 30km distance. So that distance from BIS is preaty acessible to the real world simulation. smile_o.gif

with the everage human height (1,70m) and if you look to the horizon (ocean) what you see is 30km distance. So that distance from BIS is preaty acessible to the real world simulation. smile_o.gif

No, what you see is haze....you won't see any objects at that distance without optical aids such as a telescope......

No, what you see is haze....you won't see any objects at that distance without optical aids such as a telescope......

what i said was: what you will see!

i didnt say you could actually see that far with your naked eyes Or if you wear you glasses on. Its what you are able to see (with binoc, telescope, what ever you want to call) as the world is round, you will only be able to see some part and that part is 30km. Hope i was clear.

I gotta agree with Deano, it would be nice to see the things that were confirmed a good while ago.

Quote[/b] ]Tested on:

- Sempron 2600

- 1024MB DDRAM

- GeForce 6800GS 256MB

Average about 25-30FPS.

Thank you for that info.  While it would be great to have some specific info on the new features, it is nice to hear the overalla pproval of ArmA by many reviewers.

I find THIS verrry interesting... Out of focus?

I find THIS verrry interesting... Out of focus?

I was wondering the same thing!

me too.

scopes now are able to zoom in and out, is that it?

Scopes in OFP could zoom, so why not in ArmA?

The blur looks good. And the setFocus really creats new ways to make good cutscenes!