Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I just read that the german mags "PC Games" and "PC Powerplay" have both got an ArmA preview plus video in their latest editions. These two mags are coming Wednesday.

I hope I'm not too late. tounge2.gif

The report in the PC Games is very positive and there is also an ingame video on their DVD, which looks great, too smile_o.gif

Is the video a new version? or is it the GC press release?

Can you give some details of what they say? Please, oh Please.

I also noticed that in the shooting range video that when they were running through the one corridor, they go over a short ledge (part of the building) that was sticking out of the ground, and I noticed for just a split second that the same 'wobble' that exists with ofp clipping occured........

Quote[/b] ]how come thats not a bug? They are inside the walls...

It's a limitation I think.

Imagine you're lying down inside a house in a narrow hallway in ofp. you'll want to be able to turn around because you can do that in the real world although it might mean twisting your body a bit. That's not easy to simulate in a game so when you turn maybe your feet and head+gun is kind of burried in the walls.

its all collission effects and they sucks at OFP its not a bug but its just that the collison effects are not good enough , i think that it has to do with the large maps if they change the collision effects it create more lag also..........

if this still happens in ArmA then it sucks bigtime .This means the enemy is still able to look trough walls bushes etc.

But for now ppl do nothing than a lot of blahblah shit chat blah .

You better wait for the demo (if we ever get it) or till the game comes out then you see and tnhe you can talk about it ....

Greets

I just read that the german mags "PC Games" and "PC Powerplay" have both got an ArmA preview plus video in their latest editions. These two mags are coming Wednesday.

I hope I'm not too late.  tounge2.gif

Tops aye, this is what we and BIS need plenty of and also the inclustion of news about this being a journey to the next level in Game 2.

In the forums too as i have a thread running at a online game network in Australia but its presently in a private members thread. Ill be changing this to a good plug in the public.

Like I said in the "latest pictures" thread yesterday, the german website Spielesüchtig.de posted a preview of the latest press demo today.

It's only available in german, but there are 4 more screenshots.

It comes to a very positive conclusion, although there are still some flaws (animations playing until the end before the death anim follows, performance) which they lay on the WIP status. They also warn players, that it's difficult and no run-and-gun game, after all they're not a site for sim games biggrin_o.gif

Oh, and the reviewer told me it's still possible to get up a steep hill by walking diagonally whistle.gif

haha i love the diagonally walking up a hill faster "hax" biggrin_o.gif

though if i know the hill has many enemies its better to wait for the rest of the squad. tounge2.gif i wonder if planes still slow down their speed when you use the num keys to look around?

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but how was being able to walk up a steep hill diagonally a bug?

It is faster than running and fatigue won't affect you wink_o.gif.

The old trick used in original ofp multiplay to get to the "high-ground" faster wink_o.gif.

THERES ONE THING IVE NOTICED ON ALL SCREENSHOTS!!!

NO FEMALES

Wheres the woman so we can put the P in pain.. lol whne creating missions i havnt seen 1 female civilian or solider haha.. is this game sexest, lets hope BIS never forgot.. wow_o.gif

I've seen a woman in one of the screenshots (or maybe videos). She was a journalist wearing blue, someone help me out here i can't find the screenie.

edit: yea thats the one >_<

Lookit the background in this one!!!

yay.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Are the detail levels a bit low in these screenies?  My concern (yes it's WIP) is the ground texture.  I have not seen one this grainy In arma yet.low detail in image?

This One

I think this one is taken at the same point as that one.

EDIT: @ Above Post: He was talking about the bridge I believe.

Yes the bridge, the impassable terrain, and the inlets that are in these images are tactically interesting, and graphically great.

Edit: Just made me want to flank my 200 troops to trap the enemy against the rift and the sea! pistols.gif

IDEA GAME will announced soon the name of European publisher ...

Ah, and you know this how? tounge2.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

In other news; The world will be swallowed by a gigantic snake tomorrow at 12:00 EST icon_rolleyes.gif

In other news; The world will be swallowed by a gigantic snake tomorrow at 12:00 EST icon_rolleyes.gif

And there were so many things in life I never had a chance to do. sad_o.gif

Like play ArmA.

This

Is this a rusted out UAZ or is it just the way the lighting is?

My guess.. Sunset's reddish light making the olive look rust colored.

Looks to me as a old rusted version which may have been burnt out