Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Very Impressive. Love this part at the end... (Hopeful release this YEAR! yay.gif )

arma2.jpg

This trailer is most likely recorded quite some time ago. Maybe they realised just lately that they are going to miss their goal.

I'm referring to this comment

Will Armed Assault lying under our christmas tree this year?

Well, that's our goal but I can't confirm that with 100 %.

i have to agree.. it might be alittle old.

its impressive no doubt about it, but it seems unfinished aswell.. wink_o.gif

I think I'm hearing sonic crackling. Is it just me or are supersonic bullets now going to sound like in real life?

This trailer is most likely recorded quite some time ago. Maybe they realised just lately that they are going to miss their goal.

I'm referring to this comment

Will Armed Assault lying under our christmas tree this year?

Well, that's our goal but I can't confirm that with 100 %.

You can bet that BIS is not showing old trailers on GC. It was mentioned that they'd have a new build ready then, and the trailer will most certainly be based on that.

As with any development project, there are always uncertainties/risks, so you can never be sure you've made the target date, until you've passed it wink_o.gif

Nice trailer, not in HD, but nice! wink_o.gif

It gives me the feeling of OFP and that's the most important thing for me!

armatrailer.jpg

MfG Lee inlove.gif

Aside from the sound issue (which is not game related at all). and those minor animation quibles, I absolutely loved the trailer. BIS has defintely raised the bar up from OFP's production value levels with excellent music and even better graphics. Probably will be having (another) dream about ArmA tonight. wink_o.gif

- dRb

P.S. Extremely happy to see some fixed wing aircraft (especially a harrier, as it is the most practical plane for small ground-attack role) as well as the amazingly sexy 3d ironsights. We asked and you delivered BIS!

Just look at the smoke - it's definitely a new trailer.

The jumping between slowmotion and fastforward is surely on purpose (maybe some Matrix fan cut it together).

I'm also convinced that the sound is not out of sync - the shooting and the explosions are just cut in as ambient and not directly recorded out of the game.

EDIT:

I forgot to say - It's a great Trailer - I love it!

I love the trailer, especially the Harry. biggrin_o.gif

Did you notice the power poles? I wonder to what extent they're destroyable.

wonder ful trailer!!! thumbs-up.gifinlove.gif now this shit can seriously get some attention! Im gonna send some links around to some people i know and of course a site or two about the trailer! wink_o.gif

Now this was the best arma trailer seen so far.

Good music, good editing mostly and some good sounds.

Loved 'em jet engine roars and stuff. biggrin_o.gif

ok watched the trailer like 5 times now and near the end when the little zodiac boat gets attacked the explosions on the water looks a bit out of place but other than that i think all is good! smile_o.gif

Well is all building then destructable??? That would be my dreams.

I really wanna see some screens/videos from inside tanks.

And why BIS cant make all buildings enterable used by sniping positions e.t.c. How about bulletshole in the walls? I havent yet see any screens from that.

Its not matter if ArmA doens´t released this year I wanna see all things bug-free and well-finished.

Quote[/b] ]And why BIS cant make all buildings enterable so can u in sniper position

Because that would double or triple the polycount...

And why BIS cant make all buildings enterable so can u in sniper position e.t.c.

Because it woulkd take another year to model all the "rooms" of the houses and it ´would make the game more laggy. At this point, the Geforce 2MX user are going to cry! tounge2.gif

Hell, we are getting THE GAME WE EVER WANTED, don't cry for more now.

Everything else will be modded by the community or can be found in Game2.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I synchronized the audio and video tracks. Some sounds make much more sense now. wink_o.gif

Does anyone know if I'm allowed to upload it to youtube for example?

Its not matter if ArmA doens´t released this year I wanna see all things bug-free and well-finished.

well then you will never see it..

Nothing like the public to really test a game for bugs. Beta groups are very small in comparison and I am sure they will not find everything.

Awsome trailer, very well done notworthy.gif .

One thing that still bugs me in Arma is the USMC harrier and cobra, the usmc/usarmy mix cuts down the authenticity of the game imo.

But im going to watch the trailer another 20 times or something smile_o.gif .

G this trailer got me pinned down.

Nice !

Release -> patch, before I'm going insane please.... ooh.. to late biggrin_o.gif

I synchronized the audio and video tracks. Some sounds make much more sense now. wink_o.gif

Does anyone know if I'm allowed to upload it to youtube for example?

Oh, but please DO upload it... some people here made their own trailer composed of footage from multiple movies... I'm sure that is you only FIX a movie nobody'l complain wink_o.gif .

Thanks d034rk, it's much better now indeed. The movie makes more sence and there're no random sounds anymore... tounge2.gif