Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Quote[/b] ]In my opinion they still run unnatural like idiots. They make steps like if they have 7miles-boots on. It just looks stupid. imo.

Pfft. No-one wants your opinion. tounge2.gif

I like everything I see with each new screenshot or video. I have no problem with the running-animation as some people seem to have, it looks very nice and I don't think at all they run too fast. I'm sure that when you're running for your life pistols.gif, you're sprinting like the devil's chasing you.

BIS is doing a great great job as far as I can see, I even hope they will delay Game2 for 5 more years so that Arma will be exploited, modded, upgraded, tuned, changed and played so much that it is impossible to even try or test everything (as is the case already with OFP)  nener.gif .

I like everything I see with each new screenshot or video. I have no problem with the running-animation as some people seem to have, it looks very nice and I don't think at all they run too fast. I'm sure that when you're running for your life pistols.gif, you're sprinting like the devil's chasing you.

BIS is doing a great great job as far as I can see, I even hope they will delay Game2 for 5 more years so that Arma will be exploited, modded, upgraded, tuned, changed and played so much that it is impossible to even try or test everything (as is the case already with OFP) nener.gif .

agreed

Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault

Format: PC DVD

Genre: First person military combat simulation

Release date: Q3 2006

Official website: http://www.armedassault.com

link

when BIS updated the site they didn't put the publisher status

why don't they have the line

<ul>Publisher:TBU (to be unknown)

like they always used to have?

any special reason?

Because they will announce the publisher in edition 100 of Flash News.Now I`ve ruined th surprise goodnight.gif

BIS is doing a great great job as far as I can see, I even hope they will delay Game2 for 5 more years so that Arma will be exploited, modded, upgraded, tuned, changed and played so much that it is impossible to even try or test everything (as is the case already with OFP)  nener.gif .

agreed

Ah okay... i want to see you running this style and speed fully equipped.

Damn, are all blind here?

Sure there will be mods for running then. But the problem is if the mods fit with the server you playin on. Or if you can even use a mod. But by hook or by crook the speed-running is unnatural. You guys can agree among each other so much as you want. Same goes for the weapon-view.... the OFP-one looks much more natural than the 90 degrees-corner-arm now.

:P :P :P wink_o.gif

I don't care about anims, sounds, textures, and even models.

All that things will be modded.

I prefer bis spend the time in making a better engine with less limitations. Btw the thing i want to see really improved is the scripting.

And about the flashnews issue, i think they will release the new tools to mod the game and the wiki. tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]armandobronca Posted on June 24 2006,14:41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I prefer bis spend the time in making a better engine with less limitations. Btw the thing i want to see really improved is the scripting.

Agree 1000%!!!!

The only new thing for me in Gamer.no is about the buildings.

Quote[/b] ]Skal jeg trekke frem en ting jeg ikke er spesielt imponert over, mĺ det vćre at det generelt later til ĺ vćre veldig fĺ muligheter for at snikskyttere kan gĺ inn i bygningene rundt om pĺ kartet. De aller fleste har bare malt dřrer og vinduer pĺ fasadene. I forhold til Operation Flashpoint ser det ut til at antallet bygninger det faktisk er mulig ĺ gĺ inn i har sunket. Det er selvsagt mulig dette endres innen lanseringen.

He wasnt impressed about the fact that most buildings wasnt enterable, they had only painted doors and windows. In fact it seems that OFP have more buildings that you can enter, compared to the demo. He adds that it can be better in the full game, who knows..

The rest was the same. Looks promising, AI could be better, impressive viewdistance and so on..

And about the flashnews issue, i think they will release the new tools to mod the game and the wiki.  tounge2.gif  wink_o.gif

But that won't make the game sell. If the game features aren't worked out well except the removing of the engine limitations.

And one of the big downs of OFP currently is that there are loads of awesome addons but very few of them are used in good missions. And i kind of doubt that will change soon with AA.

And about the flashnews issue, i think they will release the new tools to mod the game and the wiki. tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

But that won't make the game sell. If the game features aren't worked out well except the removing of the engine limitations.

And one of the big downs of OFP currently is that there are loads of awesome addons but very few of them are used in good missions. And i kind of doubt that will change soon with AA.

U r right there.

i dont know if anyone has seent he new news on Gamepark http://ofp.gamepark.cz/

but i dont like this news at all.. i mean. 1.5Gb to stream an island huh.gif

2-3fps huh.gif

Demo HD space 2Gb huh.gif

oh dear... i hope this is an old article and most of the potrayed issues have been resolved

i dont know if anyone has seent he new news on Gamepark http://ofp.gamepark.cz/

but i dont like this news at all.. i mean. 1.5Gb to stream an island huh.gif

2-3fps huh.gif

Demo HD space 2Gb huh.gif

oh dear... i hope this is an old article and most of the potrayed issues have been resolved

For starters you can guarentee that the streaming code in the demo is not fully optimized, if BIS can get Nogova working on the Xbox with its measly 64Mb of RAM I'm sure they can get an island 16 times the size to work nicely on a PC with 256Mb of RAM.

Secondly, seriously people you can NOT expect a game with the level of detail of ArmA to run at 100+ FPS on MAXIMUM detail settings on todays hardware. OFP couldn't be maxed when it came out (in some respects it still can't be maxed out) I really wonder about some people when they expect things to look photo realistic AND run at eye-watering FPS'. The tech is getting there, but it'll take a while yet.

Following on from that point, its common for games these days to run into the gigabytes of data. If you want photo realistic textures, then you're going to have to use some HDD space.

People REALLY need to stop jumping on the "OMG BIS SUCKZ0RS!!1!!11!!!1!!!" bandwagon. Their software is miles ahead of ANYTHING out there, so its bound to have "issues." PLUS its a DEMO i.e. an early version of the code. There are plenty of billboards in the demo saying "this area isnt finished, so dont send me bug reports" the same goes for the code. Come on people, BIS made OFP, give them some credit where its due...

I just read it. The article seems to be quite up to date since "21. czerwca" means june 21st, at least that's what I found out. huh.gif

I count on BIS, they never disappointed me.

Guest Ti0n3r

No worries. It's the same old demo as they used on E3 etc.

No worries. It's the same old demo as they used on E3 etc.

Yep. People getting upset over things missing in a 75% complete demo need to calm down and take a step back to get some perspective on things.

BIS is a fantastic developer. Have a little faith in them, people. icon_rolleyes.gif

It's the same old demo as they used on E3 etc.

Exactly. It's just that Gry are obviously slow in writing/releasing their article.

We have read a few reviews and seen videos and images about the E3 press demo and all of us know it was far to be the finished product.

So said this I think we have to move on and forget that demo and wait till an official demo or the final product releases.

2-3FPS with full settings? everyone gets that with OFP aswell tounge2.gif

It's the same old demo as they used on E3 etc.

Exactly. It's just that Gry are obviously slow in writing/releasing their article.

Isn't the article about the demo that BIS sent out to gaming sites/magazines? At least gamer.no have the E3 demo, which they just played and wrote an article about.

2-3FPS with full settings? everyone gets that with OFP aswell tounge2.gif

Tis simple,just don't turn the terrian up on ultra high rofl.gif

Though it does give the terrain a new look...you can however do it with the lowest visibility,but whats more worth it? Visual distance or Visual terrain? I take distance.

Quote[/b] ]armandobronca Posted on June 24 2006,14:41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree 1000%!!!!

I don't reviewers will think the same on this. Especially don't care about sound?!

Seriously I don't want to download modifications to have this to fix game. OFP was good out of box (for 2001) so should ArmA.

Seriously I don't want to download modifications to have this to fix game. OFP was good out of box (for 2001) so should ArmA.

Agreed.

The more things BIS can cram into the final product the better! I for one do not want to rely on mods to satisfy my gaming desires. It also separates the masses into small groups when it comes to online gaming. Nothing against mods, as I have over 80gb of OFP add-ons but I don’t like having to provide multiple links to individual add-ons accumulating up to 1gb for a small coop game to commence.

I have read the Polish Site Review translation and it looks BIS need some more time to fix some.

So lets wait some more and be patience thats the only thing we can do.

I meself dont care how long it takes, even if that is spring 2007. I hope that BIS find a good publisher for their product and that they stay together.

Goodluck.