Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS Releases: T80 MBT Pack v.1

jus tried these boys

im fully satisfied except for that spinning issue and i dunno if any1 has noticed a sort of textured fence comes in view while playing as a soldier in cargo of these MBTs. A textured ring u might call it during 1st person view and yeah they show up randomly not always.

neways awesome job guys, really love it. and yeah wud really love to have the desert camo versions of these brilliant tanks.

one question guys

i was told several times that OFP likes more un-compressed files - whats the reason you compress em ?

one question guys

i was told several times that OFP likes more un-compressed files - whats the reason you compress em ?

because it substantially drops the size of the pbo.

I think some of the betas I had were anwyheres from 75-85MB. That's why it was compressed in the release version, because a 75-85MB download is a bit much.

well for download you compress it with winzip or winrar.

as for ofp, it has to un-compress it anyway. so no advantage by doing it, just more work for it (afaik !).

as for ofp, it has to un-compress it anyway. so no advantage by doing it, just more work for it (afaik !wink_o.gif.

Also not just everybody can steal RHS intellectual property wink_o.gif

as for ofp, it has to un-compress it anyway. so no advantage by doing it, just more work for it (afaik !wink_o.gif.

trust me its a big difference in download, without it the rar would be around 25 mb which makes alot of difference for ppl with 56kb and for people who pay for traffic. The uncompression in OFP is so unnoticeable it barely matters.

@t80  okay maybe a bit rushed but anyways here is the mission thread Click me!      it requires a few extra addons  wink_o.gif

but i scraped out winter nogova for this bis nogova version so thats at least one addons less  nener.gif

Its made for multiplayer use therefore the 37 slots  tounge2.gif

maybe a bit to much but i like the ability to choose if im gonna fight tanks from inside one or from outside one  biggrin_o.gif

Yeah sorry haven't placed out any west custom tanks, been busy with building up the fuel depot, probably gonna turn the coastal area into some sort of harbor maybe. But it depends if people think it lags to much already i might scrap that idea.

Post some feedback if you want to in the post at the link.

Quote[/b] ]Commando84 Posted on Dec. 01 2005,23:17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@t80 okay maybe a bit rushed but anyways here is the mission thread Click me! it requires a few extra addons

but i scraped out winter nogova for this bis nogova version so thats at least one addons less

Its made for multiplayer use therefore the 37 slots

maybe a bit to much but i like the ability to choose if im gonna fight tanks from inside one or from outside one

Yeah sorry haven't placed out any west custom tanks, been busy with building up the fuel depot, probably gonna turn the coastal area into some sort of harbor maybe. But it depends if people think it lags to much already i might scrap that idea.

Post some feedback if you want to in the post at the link.

Ahh thats beautiful! mission with RHS T-80´s included, both MP-SP. This will be real fun, going to try it tomorrow.

@RHS

I can see the T-80´s is 1.0 are u planning to patch them? i noticed that the Shtora is very good, maybe little to good, i dont know how it is in reality, but i take the info from here

http://armor.kiev.ua/fofanov/Tanks/TRIALS/19991020.html

4 hits of 10, on laserguided weapons, but as it is no difference on IR/Laser guided weapons in OFP what i know. maybe it is impossible to tune it down a little on just laser, am i right?? look like everything else is as realistic as the OFP engine can offer...i think xmas_o.gif

@RHS sorry one more thing i forgot. The main gun. this is on every Tank that i tried but one, cant remember witch one, maybe it was CAVS or JAM. when u are the commander or driver and use auto aim, the AI always hit the gun, witch turns red and unusable, the probability for this should be very small, so its better to dont hit it at all. Cant remember but i think it was somthing with passthrue=0 value. I think a change in this will turn the Tanks more playable and realistic..

@RHS sorry one more thing i forgot. The main gun. this is on every Tank that i tried but one, cant remember witch one, maybe it was CAVS or JAM. when u are the commander or driver and use auto aim, the AI always hit the gun, witch turns red and unusable, the probability for this should be very small, so its better to dont hit it at all. Cant remember but i think it was somthing with passthrue=0 value. I think a change in this will turn the Tanks more playable and realistic..

Its a good point.

There seems to be few ways to deal with it:

- increasing armorGun value (AFAIR one of CAVS proposals)

- changing Hit-Points LOD with "hidding" hitGun into turret`s model interior (see how does it work in TTANK demonstator)

- changing Memory LOD with dislocation of "zamerny" named selection; this is a target for AI, in the most OFP models it is in the middle of turret model in Memory LOD; IRL gunners usually aim between turret and hull

passthrough - still enigma for me. It seems to... not working.

But all those changes (but the last) must change balance, because of new values in config and model vulnerability "shape". It seems to be a lot of work to do and if RHS (and King Homer) choose own way, it is better to just wait for new releases.

The uncompression in OFP is so unnoticeable it barely matters.

Depends on 2 factors :

-how much powerfull your system is

-how many compressed pbo OFP has to uncompress.

When you load several addons (i am not talking about 4/5 addons there) , the difference in loading uncompressed or compressed pbo is not that unnoticeable.

Quote[/b] ]trust me its a big difference in download, without it the rar would be around 25 mb which makes alot of difference for ppl with 56kb and for people who pay for traffic.

On that point, here is a little experiment to cut down the urban legends saying compressing .pbo is better for 56k people , that is simply not true :

i make a .rar file that contains compressed :

-RHS_Misc.pbo 6,16mo

-RHS_T80.pbo 18,9mo

-RHS_T80Pack_Scripts.pbo 17,4 ko

so the same as the current RHS_T80 release :

winrar File size (max compression) : 15,6mo

i make a .rar file that contains uncompressed :

-RHS_Misc.pbo 6,16mo

-RHS_T80.pbo 27,5mo

-RHS_T80Pack_Scripts.pbo 44,9 ko

winrar File size (max compression) : 12,2mo

So here is the result :

Winrar do a better compression job on uncompressed pbo, another good point of uncompressing pbo.

The only bad point of having uncompressed .pbo is the place it takes on a hard drive, other than that, there are only good points at having uncompressed pbo.

i think its good that addon makers consider peoples harddrive spaces, i remeber like 2 years ago i still had a 12 gb harddrive... my heart hurt when i had to choose what to remove from the harddrive to make more room for ofp addons and new games confused_o.gif But today i got a 80 gb HDD and no big problems anymore, now its more clean out the download folder from addons and i free up space biggrin_o.gif

a little OT but the best computer for ofp with many addons would have a harddrive for all user made ofp addons + more wink_o.gif but dunno how many gb of ram memory you would require to even start ofp with everything loaded whistle.gif

After playing with this great addon in the editor i (US antitank guy) got kinda frustrated becouse the t80 seemed like a SF vehicle to me; untouchable.

But after reading the info on this page i have to say Im impredde by both the addon makers as the guys who developped this system in rl !!

Great stuff!

Try to fire a rocket in the tanks back, there the systems cant engage incomming rockets. smile_o.gif

Try to fire a rocket in the tanks back, there the systems cant engage incomming rockets.  smile_o.gif

You were able to localise "invulnerability" zone? Great smile_o.gif

Is it possible to make new zone, against top-attack missiles? It could be read at Vasily Fofanov page that Arena can engage that kind of treat, but there is very possible that APS efectiveness against ATGM like Javelin or Spike is less than vs TOW, Milan or Konkurs (less probablity that round will come through "cloud" of splinters).

this is awsome...

now we only miss a nice RHS BMP pack *whistles* icon_rolleyes.gif

just for those nice "russian forces is invading country X, now it´s your duty to stop them or atleast hold them back until reinforcements arrive" biggrin_o.gif

good job RHS smile_o.gif

really good job smile_o.gif

no, really.... i mean GOOD JOB!

btw, did i say good job? biggrin_o.gif

inlove.gif

now we only miss a nice RHS BMP pack *whistles*

On my wish list since long time but never came true, however if all works as planned we can soon present at least another IFV that atm is skinned by a very talented texturer.

So as we are near to x-mas, just posting wishes here...

A really good choice would be a BTR-80. This APC (not an IFV) symbolizes most russian forces to me.

Best one I saw for OFP is in AKM's APC Pack.

But these bunch of T-80 are very amazing. Don't want to ask for new stuff, but first for an update of the great T-64 pack.

smile_o.gif

A shame that there is no mission out with these excellent tanks.

trust me its a big difference in download, without it the rar would be around 25 mb which makes alot of difference for ppl with 56kb and for people who pay for traffic. The uncompression in OFP is so unnoticeable it barely matters.

Since you mention people who pay for download traffic, it'd be helpful if the readme were updated to show that the tank pack already includes the MISC pbo file. Like a good OFP addon user, I went to the readme first, and it said I needed the MISC addon, among others, so I began to find and download them.

I didn't realize until I had already downloaded the MISC file separately that it was an older version. I'm lucky, because I don't have to pay for the amount of data I download, but others might also download a MISC file they don't need.

So as we are near to x-mas, just posting wishes here...

A really good choice would be a BTR-80. This APC (not an IFV) symbolizes most russian forces to me.

Best one I saw for OFP is in AKM's APC Pack.

But these bunch of T-80 are very amazing. Don't want to ask for new stuff, but first for an update of the great T-64 pack.

smile_o.gif

A shame that there is no mission out with these excellent tanks.

Mission makers, another rare species...

But if you or able to help with that or know people who can and want to make missions with us then it would be very welcome smile_o.gif

@mooncaine

Sorry for that

Since you mention people who pay for download traffic, it'd be helpful if the readme were updated to show that the tank pack already includes the MISC pbo file. Like a good OFP addon user, I went to the readme first, and it said I needed the MISC addon, among others, so I began to find and download them.

I didn't realize until I had already downloaded the MISC file separately that it was an older version. I'm lucky, because I don't have to pay for the amount of data I download, but others might also download a MISC file they don't need.

lol if u got as far into the rar as to see the ReadMe file u should note that the misc file is right there next to it.