Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS Releases: T80 MBT Pack v.1

Look like the Arena just work against AI in mission editor, dont work against Player...

In case you didnt read it, the system can only engage rockets that are locked on the tank, OFP AI locks on target with weapons like AT4 and such but human players dont do that usually... no clue if theres a way around this but so far noone had a idea how to detect a rocket that isnt locked on.

About the donuts, strange never had that but now it was reported so often we must check if we cna find out what causes that.

Great tanks! They run very smooth despite how detailed they are - definately a good combination. The anti-missile defense system gets a little confusing, though. If a weapon is guided via laser to the tank, the system doesn't function. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Look like the Arena just work against AI in mission editor, dont work against Player...

They worked fine for me using AT weapons against it and with AI firing weapons at me.

WOW, this is great early today i was testing this things a bit how good they are but i learned that 1 bwmod tank leopard1a5 can destroy t-80UK on 400m with 1-2 shots or 3 shots on 850m. I dont know how this work but i was also trying to compete this t80 with other ofp tanks this baby always gets beated to death. I realy dont know how strong are values on other tanks but i think that your team has implemented the right values for armor and ammo.

Please tell me what i didnt learned how this connsistency work with other addons.

sorry for any wrighting errors. whistle.gif

Thanks for the very good work, RHS Team.

Only thing that I don't like is the drivers and gunners "radar".

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Fischkopp's LAVs have the same spinning problem. I think it might be related somehow to the landcontact lod i.e. you order the AI to go to a waypoint but in their mind they can never reach it because of the messed up land contact, so instead they just drive around in circles above it trying to reach it.

Just a wild guess.

Fischkopp's LAVs have the same spinning problem. I think it might be related somehow to the landcontact lod i.e. you order the AI to go to a waypoint but in their mind they can never reach it because of the messed up land contact, so instead they just drive around in circles above it trying to reach it.

Just a wild guess.

Ill ask FK if he figured what the prob was.

After some extensive testing, I'll report back:

- Love these tanks! Very nice, don't promote lag at all. Not as polished as ORCS' T80 etc, but hey, now I can play all them missions without a lagfest!

- Arena and Shtora work quite well, and don't promote a large error message like AK74's sometimes does (all respect to him, though). Though in a future version, it would be nice to see the missile exploding (that's what the Arena does, isn't it - shoots the missile down?)

- Seemed to me like the suspension was a little too pronounced (when I fired, the tank left the ground a little), but works effectively and fine.

Good job guys. Love your work.

Though in a future version, it would be nice to see the missile exploding (that's what the Arena does, isn't it - shoots the missile down?)

More on the ARENA system here smile_o.gif

Not as polished as ORCS' T80 etc

Can you please elaborate? Even though theire textures might look sharper they are largely ncorrect. most of the geometric shapes of their Timmas' model is also a bit incorrect. No disrespect to him, he is a very talented guy, but he did indeed misuse the polycount with some improper lod usage.

Edit:Also forgot to mention that we developed a few techniques for increase detail vs increase polycount for example if u look at the wheels head on u will see them perfectly round 3D, while they waste only as much as an Octogon of the same shape.

Given the t-80's some testing luv now biggrin_o.gif

Wow many versions of the tank! I don't know much about the russian or american tanks but it felt nice to have a big variety of units to select in the editor. Only one tiny thing i wish for a future update and that is arctic and desert versions of the tanks cause im doing a mission on winter nogova and its easy to spot 'em dark green tanks wink_o.gif

Tried being a ranger and setup a small one man ambush on these guys and wow, they where just as good like the bis t-80's in armor and reaction time i think. Thats good smile_o.gif

maybe a few days i will post up my "fuel depot take down" mission on rapidshare or something smile_o.gif

Given the t-80's some testing luv now biggrin_o.gif

Wow many versions of the tank! I don't know much about the russian or american tanks but it felt nice to have a big variety of units to select in the editor. Only one tiny thing i wish for a future update and that is arctic and desert versions of the tanks cause im doing a mission on winter nogova and its easy to spot 'em dark green tanks wink_o.gif

Tried being a ranger and setup a small one man ambush on these guys and wow, they where just as good like the bis t-80's in armor and reaction time i think. Thats good smile_o.gif

maybe a few days i will post up my "fuel depot take down" mission on rapidshare or something smile_o.gif

well there isnt an official winter caouflage for armour in RF at the moment, maybe we'll add some snow covered versions later. But it is so, usually they will be plain green even in winter in chechniya.

Quote[/b] ]Shadow NX

Umbra Festinatio

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (t80 @ Nov. 30 2005,22:54)

In case you didnt read it, the system can only engage rockets that are locked on the tank, OFP AI locks on target with weapons like AT4 and such but human players dont do that usually... no clue if theres a way around this but so far noone had a idea how to detect a rocket that isnt locked on.

Yeah, its the same thing with, vits BMP, just tried it, anyway with Ai attacking, both Shora and arena works realistic i think. and very nice glow on those jammers. smile_o.gif

the glow on the Jammers are a very nice touch - quite eeiry to look at too

I kind of have a problem with all the large caliber MG's that addonmakers put on their tanks. Did anyone of you ever shot the real Dshk that these tanks use (the one on the top for AA cover)? One time in the military we had a chance to just fuck arround with it. When the bullet strikes the ground it explodes the dirt. We shot at rock formations and bolders, size of the basketball, were flying everywhere. We knocked several trees down. Next day I had to wash bathrooms all day long and than stay guard all night long, but it was worth the fun! In OFP when Dshk hits the ground, it looks more like dog pissing on the bush. Where are those cool effects of flying dirt and falling trees? Is it impossible to implement or ppl just don't know what it should look like?

Quote[/b] ]Is it impossible to implement or ppl just don't know what it should look like?

Increasing the DSHK ammunition value in order to shoot down trees would make it too powerful, so 1 bullet might take out an MBT.

This problem's simply due to OFP's engine and there's nothing people can do, except maybe a complex scripting work that would use a lot of lagy 'nearest' commands.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Thanks for that answer Thunderbird. The more we play the OFP, the more we hate the OFP engine... I guess I was washing those bathrooms for nothing banghead.gif

haha, lol!

NSV is 12.7(not 14.5)cal, just like KORD, but kord has some small visual differences... and major technical differences biggrin_o.gif

i have a video of a bloke firing a 50 cal against a cliff/tree line - it tears the place apart

Quote[/b] ]im doing a mission on winter nogova maybe a few days i will post up my "fuel depot take down" mission on rapidshare or something

Waiting for this... smile_o.gif

can the mission be played on, the BIS nogova island??

can u copy the mission to bis nogova. and it still work?

Im sorry but while were talking video's here's a t-90 with the hawai five oh theme tune  rofl.gif   takes a bit of time to load. ANy chance rhs??  biggrin_o.gifHawai five oh death