Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

It's almos't useless to say, becasue it will probably not be in AA:

I hope that it is possible to swim in AA...as you all know that in OFP, you just run down into the water, and dies afterwords... rofl.gif

Well since everyone else seems to be (re-)voicing their hopes in the vain optimism that the devs will make last minute inclusions to the game, here is mine:

I hope to see both streams and rivers in Arma.

Ok, this thing seems to be picking up steam again...

I would like an have an option to not show how many rounds I have remaining in my clip. This simple change should make the game play much more exciting: in Dirty Harry voice: "Did I fire 25 rounds or 30? Do I feel lucky? Do I?"

Peace,

DreDay

In Dirty Harry voice: "Did I fire 25 rounds or 30? Do I feel lucky? Do I?"

lol...

An american AT soldier walks up to the half-dead north-Sarahni soldier he shot earlier, and lowers his LAW launcher to the man's terrified face.

'I know what you're thinkin', punk: "did he fire one shot, or only one?" Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost count myself. But being this is a 66 millimetre Light Anti-armour Weapon that will blow you clean off this island, you've got to ask yourself - "do I feel lucky?" Well: do'ya punk?'

As the soldier walks away after taking the N.Sarahni's shiny new AK74, the wounded man whispers, 'I gots to know...'

Unfortunately for both of them, he wasn't lucky.

I also wish that you won't se how many rounds you have left in your clip, magazine, ammo belt etc. plus, dont see how many clips/magazines you have left, you only know how many you have right after you have reloaded your weapon, and sooner or later you will forget....and if it is possible, it would be cool that you forget how many magazines you have left if you get involved in a fireifght...you want to think more about to survive then how many clips left: "ok, how many clips do i have?...lets check....(bullet hits)...*splat*...aaarggghh...(dies) smile_o.gif

And why you should not know how many rounds you have left, is becuase in real life you don't know.

And it is sooo cool to be for example in a firefight where bullets are flying everywhere, you shoot like crazy to take that enemy down, or he wil take you down, and then you suddenly hear the "click-click" which means you dont have anymore rounds!!! and you think "oh shit! gotta reload! shit! enemey is shooting at me!" and you get that adrenaline! and the atmosphere gets better and better etc.

So say yes to not know how many rounds you have in your magazine, and not know how many magazines you have left too smile_o.gif

I agree with not knowing how many bullets you have in your magazine after some shooting, and the other thing? Hm...it could be done, you actually could forget how many full magazines you have left, and you would have to take a quick look in your inventory. Would that be enough to get you killed? Possibly. I like it.

And it is sooo cool to be for example in a firefight where bullets are flying everywhere, you shoot like crazy to take that enemy down, or he wil take you down, and then you suddenly hear the "click-click" which means you dont have anymore rounds!!! and you think "oh shit! gotta reload! shit! enemey is shooting at me!" and you get that adrenaline! and the atmosphere gets better and better etc.

Heh, tnx Stuntman, for you just made me realize something that i didn't notice before, and i play ofp since 2001. It's about the "click-click" sound when you're out of bullets. Since i've only used AK47 in real life, i'll stick to that. When you're out of bullets shooting with AK47, there's no "click-click" sound, because the fireing pin is "locked" and when you pull the trigger, there's no sound at all. I just tried it in Editor, of course you can hear the sound. Well, lets put this on a wish list: i wish there's no "click-click" sound after you empty the magazine. (atleast for AK47, don't know about the other assault rifles)

As far as remember there was no click on an SA80 either unless you coked it, . I'm no expert but i'm pretty sure no semi or auto weapon has a click as the mechanism needs something to move the block back which in turn causes the click of the firing pin. But it's been a while since i fired any real weapon and my memory aint what it used to be.... crazy_o.gif I'm sure someone here has recently bust a few caps and will enlighten me...

Yeah, if it is true that in real life you don't hear the "click-click" i would defently wish to get that feature in AA, and game2 of course smile_o.gif

And the game atmosphere would maybe be better without the "click-click", because when you shoot like crazy...and then you realize that it is not coming any bullets out of the barrel/weapon...and you understand that the magazine is empty, without have the "click" sound advantage.

And if it is included in AA or game2 that the gun can get jammed, by one or another reason (like the m16 in real life have a possibility to jam when you have the gun in mud or dust), you must find out or guess if the gun is not shooting because the weapon has jammed itself, or it's magazine is empty...which would boost your adrenaline and the atmosphere smile_o.gif

Probably been mentioned already but here goes, knives. Sneak up on an enemy and gut em´up! Or something similar wow_o.gif

yeah, knives for the win biggrin_o.gif

also, Id like to swim and explore the ocean's depths

I hope their are no exploits like BF2 where you get someone "dolphin diving"....

I hope their are no exploits like BF2 where you get someone "dolphin diving"....

no jumping.....no DD

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but does anyone know if there will be moving weapons parts in Armed Assault?

I'm modelling a few bolt action rifles for a mod, and I'm wondering if I should model the entire bolt and stripper clip (for reloading animations with moving parts) or just what you can see (for non-moving parts animations).

I've watched the videos again, and haven't noticed any moving parts yet.

Probably been mentioned already but here goes, knives. Sneak up on an enemy and gut em´up! Or something similar wow_o.gif

Knives are only tools.

Besides, you won't really be able to sneak up on anybody. Not if ArmA is like OFP.

Anyone here ever used UKF bayonets?

...Why? Contrary to what you see, a Knife kill isnt any more silent than a gun. When you stab someone they are going to scream in pain, even if it's in the neck...I hope that they don't have knives at all unless they actually have some use in them through tools etc...

...Why? Contrary to what you see, a Knife kill isnt any more silent than a gun. When you stab someone they are going to scream in pain, even if it's in the neck...I hope that they don't have knives at all unless they actually have some use in them through tools etc...

A knife remove the "bang" sound hearable around 1km away,

it is useful when in CQC,

it is too when out of ammo.

And about the silent kill, just put your hand over the mouth and stab in the lungs, it's gonna make "blrbbbblbbb" and go on, your sentry's dead.

goodnight.gif

*achieving his sentry by kick* tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anyone here ever used UKF bayonets?

Yes. Why?

I would like for the player to get visibly muddy or wet when going throught those types of terrains. Sand and mud should stick to the bottom of your shoes. If your lying on mud/sand/snow etc the same thing should happen but on your clothes.

...Why? Contrary to what you see, a Knife kill isnt any more silent than a gun. When you stab someone they are going to scream in pain, even if it's in the neck...

not unless you put your hand over his mouth first biggrin_o.gif

A knife remove the "bang" sound hearable around 1km away,

it is useful when in CQC,

it is too when out of ammo.

And about the silent kill, just put your hand over the mouth and stab in the lungs, it's gonna make "blrbbbblbbb" and go on, your sentry's dead.

goodnight.gif

*achieving his sentry by kick* tounge2.gif

How is a Knife more useful in CQC than a gun?!. You have watched too many hollywood movies. Also, if you want a silent kill, USE A SILENCED WEAPON. And also, don't run out of ammo then! Or pick up an enemy gun...

Also, have you ever done this? The guy will scream and it wont just go "blrlblblbl" it'll be loud enough for people to hear. People like you are what ruin the OFP commuity.

none starter smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Close combat, like bayonets, was completely forgot in OFP. Will be this option in ArmA? Many discussed about jumping, too.

ArmA is like OFP, concentrated on ranged fighting in a huge open area, but we are making some progress in close quarters battle, just don't expect hand-to-hand combat. About jumping, it will not be in ArmA, but there will be other ways to get through a fence.

I have no idea where you get your medical info from, but you happen to be wrong on this point.  Before you act like you're the ultimate authority on everything again, you might want to check your references..  My info comes from my sisters, one's an emergency room doctor, and my youngest is a nurse (maternity, so no use here). Lung puncture wounds typically (as there are ALWAYS exceptions) cause a reaction somewhere between a cough - because of the irritation - and paralysis, due to pain.  The intercostal muscles that are interwoven in the ribcage, tighten from pain and most often 'grab' the puncturing object.  Which is why you hear in hollywood about the twist and pull out.. besides it makes a nastier wound, it will release the blade.  This is not like stubbing your toe and shouting from pain.  This saps all your energy, and if you DO live long enough to get medical help, it takes a LONG time before you want to shout about anything.  (the object in this case was about 7" of rebar)

To the point, a knife is a tool, yes. But you can also kill with it. So if it's in, I agree it will have limited use. but it WOULD get use.

We have already had a discussion about knifes on page 38 on this thread.

Thanks for bringing it up again, Vystrel!

BTW, technically Lou Montana is correct. All the hand-to-hand manuals that I have seen mention hand over the mouth/knife to the lung technique. However, it is very, very difficult to do in real life. It is much, much more difficult and risky than just shooting somebody. That is why knifes are not really used on a modern battlefield. So I am with Ukraineboy on this.

Peace,

DreDay