Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Retextured Malden

Ok fantastic!! Woo HOO !

But where do the .paa files go?

a readme.txt file with installation instructions would have been very helpful for those of us that aren't quite as omnipotent as others. smile_o.gif

texture flie's paste in Res(or CWC Dta folder)\Dta\Data.pbo(need unpbo)

wink_o.gif

The files can also be placed inside a skypack thats what i did and is working great.

I love NP4 with retex Malden apart form sometimes intros or cutscnes dont work properly becuase the ID numbers are different so thats one thing that puts me off. Aswell as view distance levels seem to be increased due to the way the trees are made or something like that.

Ok fantastic!! Woo HOO !

But where do the .paa files go?

a readme.txt file with installation instructions would have been very helpful for those of us that aren't quite as omnipotent as others.  smile_o.gif

Lol ... in fact, roads weren't supposed to be released so fast, i gave it to Symbiot to test it but 10 minutes later it was on flashpoint.ru and here!  biggrin_o.gif

So of course i didn't have the time to make a readme!

Btw, this is not final release cause im not totally satisfied with these roads especially the dirt track that's just a reworked version of nogova one and i d'like to make one totally by myself...

I also wanted to make an installer but the problem is if u use llauma sky or other addon that doesn't use the original dta.pbo, i'll have to make so many installers as there are addons modifying the original dta.pbo...  sad_o.gif

So, the simpliest way is to decompress the dta.pbo currently in use with some util like pbotool, pbo decryptor,... replace the old .paa and recompress the dta.pbo.... (and make a backup before of course tounge2.gif )

I also wanted to make an installer but the problem is if u use llauma sky or other addon that doesn't use the original dta.pbo, i'll have to make so many installers as there are addons modifying the original dta.pbo... sad_o.gif

So, the simpliest way is to decompress the dta.pbo currently in use with some util like pbotool, pbo decryptor,... replace the old .paa and recompress the dta.pbo.... (and make a backup before of course tounge2.gif )

Try the OWP Patch Generator by Voyager.

It's easy and the user just has to choose which data.pbo to patch (Original or in a skyfolder, dta or dta/hwtl) and it even makes a backup for you.

Patch file for road textures

Mmmmh good! Thanks for the info! wink_o.gif

Ok for all u guys who want to play with new vegetation, give a try to this:

Berghoff Nature Pack3

Berghoff Nature Pack4

Islands with Berghoff vegetation

(Only Nature Pack4 and abel.wrp included in the Islands pack are needed for Malden)

Malden retextured with the vegetation from this pack looks very nice... tounge2.gif

The only problem is that with this u will play with Resistance roads instead of my new ones... U can replace the Resistance roads but i think my roads dont fit with nogova, they are too "old and damaged"...

Or somebody can remake the wrp's to use only Berghoff vegetation and not stuffs from resistance but i havn't the time to do this... I tried just redirecting the road related files to CWC data but other stuffs from Resistance are used by the .wrp so it didnt worked...

Thanks but...

Are you referring to the file called dta.pbo or data.pbo and which folder is this file in? crazy_o.gif

The only problem is that with this u will play with Resistance roads instead of my new ones...

Your roads are working nice here although im using the nature packs. Will provide a mirror later smile_o.gif

edit: here we go:

Download Modern AEC

Small readme included but i guess you guys know you what you´re doing wink_o.gif

Which PC's do you Guy's have..?

Well mine:

ASUS A8V Deluxe REV.2

Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+

1024 MB RAM

NX6600GT AGP 8x

Well with Modula Sky 0.9 + Textures 2048x2048 + Road Textures + DXDLL everything on high beside of Enable Reflections

The Game now is laggy like hell... Well looks so pretty nice but daaamn slow... crazy_o.gif

So plz tell me your Performance and Experiances! wink_o.gif

Mine:

Intel P4 Dual 3.4GHz running at 3.91GHz.

ASUS P5ADE-2 Deluxe.

Corsair 4x512MB (2GB) RAM running at 667MHz.

ASUS (NVidia) 6800GTO running at something or other nasty...

ThermalTake 750W ToughPower PSU.

Creative SB Audigy 2ZS.

19" Acer LCD.

MS Wireless KB + Mouse v2.0.

OFP Settings:

- Everything on full, 2250m viewdistance.

- 2048x2048 textures.

- Modul Sky v1.0

- CWC Roads

OFP runs at at least 30 fps all the time, no matter how many (well, up to ~150) high res units I whack on.

i dont like that Everon ground textures , but this is olnly my personal opinion, i think those ground scracthes are way too exagerated , they reminds me the wgl ones.

by the way , Malden with nature pack 4 looks great , i have it installed, but... it breaks the mission defender in CWC campaign , that in wich you have to lay some mines and hide behind a bush , with nature pack 4 this bush is almost inexistent and the car and the tanks see you

About Everon retextured, first, the .pbo for 2048 will be 700mb (there are more textures than for malden) so i think only the 1024 version(175mb) will be (comfortably)playable with comps with less than 1gb of memory...

Now I hate to be a party crasher.. but 700mb for an Island?

I know the 2048 are more for beauty etc. etc.

But does 700mb at itself work?? (It's even more than Mapfact Nogova 2 !!!wink_o.gif

I mean... OFP maxes out of memory around 512MB (Message: Out of Reserved Memory, Code change required), so no matter how much memory you have, it won't help, except that more memory will help so you will receive less lag due to system cache being in memory mainly, instead of on harddrive, and there is less need for paging..

But let me know if you can really boot up the game and play on the Everon map with 700mb textures smile_o.gif

Besides that negative crap ... I love ur textures and Island Replacements... I am sure Everon is gonna kick ass aswell at 1024x1024 smile_o.gif

well i dont really know sickboy, but textures might be a different story (to some part at least).

take for example the retextured malden here.

i get texture flashing or no textures at all after some time, if i use the 2048 version with my radeon 9800 pro (128 MB texture memory), so i am pretty sure its a bit different story here.

well i am dont really know sickboy, but textures might be a different story (to some part at least).

Hmm, doesn't the nomap feature prevent textures to load directly into Video Memory, and so Swaps the Textures between System memory and Video Memory when they are needed?

Then still the problem is that the engine only allows 512MB of System Memory (incl. Paging).

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread to make another "To or Not to go out of memory" smile_o.gif

Just highlighting 700mb of textures, compared to.. 200-300mb on Nogova 2... which already created problems when using fully customized game smile_o.gif hmmmm

Besides, it's textures+models that make up the memory usage right? Scripts & Configs are merely texts and represent small portions of the memory usage?

take for example the retextured malden here.

i get texture flashing or no textures at all after some time, if i use the 2048 version with my radeon 9800 pro (128 MB texture memory), so i am pretty sure its a bit different story here.

Hmmm... texture flashing or no textures at all..I should test it to make any usable remark... and I will smile_o.gif

Just for the record: The gravel roads are also working on DMA Lybia. Looking great yay.gif

ofp_lybroads.jpg