Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Retextured Malden

thanks alot for that i knew it was on just didnt know where the link was

thanks alot

Thx for the 1024 version biggrin_o.gif just curious are you going to make a 512 version to? discovered how wonderfull the 1024 textures are but i get a little fps drop here and there, probably something similar to the other guys described above i got a geforce fx 5700 card , i need to get me a new graphics card if im going to be able to run game 2 smoothly and all other new stuff coming around biggrin_o.gif

great work guys! Keep up the nice work! Its some good quality in these textures thumbs-up.gif

The 1024 version ROCKS! Thx a lot for this great addon smile_o.gif

PS: Will You retexture other islands, e.g. Kolgujev or Everon?

cant you just set landscape textures everything from

4096x4096

2048x2048

1024x1024

512x512

256x256

128x128

64x64

so you just need the 2048 Malden, and the rest you can set how you want it??

tried 1024 and ts great i dont get no lag what so ever thanks alot

yeah and will you be retexturing everon, kolgujev, nogova and desert island even though theres nothing really to do with desert island but would be a shame to leave it with bis textures

love this its great

Awesome work on the retextured island. I actually re-installed OFP to have a look at it, and now I'm hooked again smile_o.gif. notworthy.gif PLEASE, retexture the other BIS islands also.

cant you just set landscape textures everything from

4096x4096

2048x2048

1024x1024

512x512

256x256

128x128

64x64

so you just need the 2048 Malden, and the rest you can set how you want it??

Well, if I got you right, you think that setting landscape textures size low will make the lag vanish?

Well... you're PC still has to load the texture anyways, no matter in what size you wanna watch it, so with 2048x2048 texture size... crazy_o.gif

Or something like that.

Well... you're PC still has to load the texture anyways, no matter in what size you wanna watch it, so with 2048x2048 texture size... crazy_o.gif

I'm not entirely sure it's true... if i'm not mistaken, engine will load only smaller mipmaps of those big textures and for sure will not load them up to memory in biggest resolution.

Quote[/b] ]Well, if I got you right, you think that setting landscape textures size low will make the lag vanish?

Well... you're PC still has to load the texture anyways, no matter in what size you wanna watch it, so with 2048x2048 texture size...

Or something like that.

Yeah u right, t tried with 4096x4096 on everything and 64x64 on everything, AVG FPS with fraps, was 1 better when i had 4096x4096 on everything, so i cant understand what this setting is god for crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Jones [PL]

I will probably work on kolgugev and everon but there are more textures than in malden and the pack for 2048 will certainly be bigger than 750mb and even a computer with 1gb of memory would have some difficulties to run it well... Desert Island will come in few days (just a little bug remains but will be corrected shorlty) wink_o.gif

Symbiot is now working on a texture replacement for the trees and buildings and even with the original models, it looks very impressive! tounge2.gif

but when i tried to move i experienced occasional 1-2sec LAGs - it was like 15sec of smooth running, then 1-2sec LAG, then again 15-20sec everything smooth, and so on.

I am using viewdistance 1500m, and i have Athlon XP 3200+, 1GB RAM, GF6800 128 VRAM

Sounds like texture swapping :P (your video card has not got enough VRAM)

This very strange because when i play with my xp3200+ 1gbram ati9700pro 128mb with game settings at maximum quality(except terrain set to average) and 1500m viewdistance i only have 15 seconds slowing when starting a map then the game runs as well as with original textures. Although with high quality for terrain elevation i experience slowings like u said with 2048 but also with 128 textures....

Quote[/b] ]This very strange because when i play with my xp3200+ 1gbram ati9700pro 128mb with game settings at maximum quality(except terrain set to average) and 1500m viewdistance i only have 15 seconds slowing when starting a map then the game runs as well as with original textures. Although with high quality for terrain elevation i experience slowings like u said with 2048 but also with 128 textures....  

yeah there is a something strange with our packs, there is a lot of ppl who play without any problems on cofig like this (my config too) Cpu 2.2ghz, 1gb Ram, Radeon 9800se@pro

& they play with 2048x2048 textures with high level terrain details 2-2.5km view distance & they have about 50fps...

At the same time in the comments on ofp.gamezone.cz i have seen a llot of posts where ppl wrote what this is unplayble even with pc like this - cpu 3.0-3.2ghz - 1.5-2gb Ram & new generation video cards like x800 or something like that....

It's terrible, some of them have problems even with 1024x1024 pack.....  icon_rolleyes.gif I can't understend where is the problem  thumbs-up.gif maybe it's because of hard disk fragmentation, or swap file size, or low space on hd huh.gif??

Realy strange things  confused_o.gif

I did have problems with the 2048x2048 map. The map seemed to run fine at first but I sometimes got a horrible FPS drop for no apparant reason. When I switched to the 1024 version that problem was gone.

Are You planning to make a version with Berghoff trees and bushes?

This retextured malden is great but I think, if You use this nature pack, it would be a Superb island:)

For example, look at the WGL island from FFUR, Malden looks just great there, emagine You retextured malden with the new nature:)

If Berghoff will release his new nature pack, You could use it.

Are You planning to make a version with Berghoff trees and bushes?

This retextured malden is great but I think, if You use this nature pack, it would be a Superb island:)

For example, look at the WGL island from FFUR, Malden looks just great there, emagine You retextured malden with the new nature:)

If Berghoff will release his new nature pack, You could use it.

sry i don't like to see Berghoff's nature packs on Malden....

it have absolutley different vegetation, colors, forms...

We will do something for new vegetation, i think, without changing abel.wrp.. maybe next week i'll show you something wink_o.gif,

But maybe someone can do one version of wrp with Berghoff's pack, if you like it...   thumbs-up.gif

Btw now i work on new vegetation texture pack & Atherakhia works on new roads texture pack whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Desert Island will come in few days (just a little bug remains but will be corrected shorlty)

what will actually be featured on the desert island any tress or will it be just new ground texutures

i would go with the textures even though the island isnt used much there are still demo missions which people make for addons or scripts and the trees may get i the way if you decide to add them

love your work cant wait for the desert island and everon and kolgujev

Quote[/b] ]what will actually be featured on the desert island any tress or will it be just new ground texutures

i would go with the textures even though the island isnt used much there are still demo missions which people make for addons or scripts and the trees may get i the way if you decide to add them

love your work cant wait for the desert island and everon and kolgujev

It will be just a desert textures pack...actualy i think we will release 2 versions:

Light - which will contain only 1 texture to replace original.

& Editors version - with a few different send/rock textures & transitions with textures from malden replacement pack, special stuff for islandmakers  wink_o.gif but this will be released later.

Great to hear that you guys will deliver some good desert textures xmas_o.gif

scrn3725cc.jpg

how about implementing that new grass addon released on here

just lightly to try and stop as much lag on slower computers or even better add an option to install the grass ?

work in progress

we have a lot of ideas

all will be released "When it's done" biggrin_o.gif

Great work on the textures. I'm making a multiplayer campaign on Malden for some time now and i use the 2048 retextured malden,Y2K3 mod and dxdll. My fps doesn't drop below 15 wich is still fairly playable and my first mission has 200+ amarican soldiers storm the beach. I test my missions with a friend of mine and we have a lot of fun with it. Again great work.I'm looking forward for the other islands. yay.gif

the best textures i haver ever seen in a isle , with that i say it all

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif