Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Retextured Malden

ShadowY

The fact is that textures in ofp format (paa/pac) have mipmaps so that resolution decrease with the distance to preserve fps... The only way to conserve 2048 resolution at any distance is to put jpg images in abel.pbo instead of paa/pac but no actual cpu can handle it with a reasonable framerate... we already tested it  wink_o.gif

what's more, artefacts are appearing with jpg's when u are far from a texture...

congratz !

thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

absolutely stunning biggrin_o.gif

I have no complains about your work or the textures, I only think it`s still as dull as old malden from above.

ignore me wink_o.gif

np, everybody have the right to criticize wink_o.gif

But i agree with u, from a distance difference with original is very limited... We have done the maximum we could do to fulfill our goal considering OFP engine limitations.... smile_o.gif

ShadowY

there is no way to make texture transitions more realistic like for ex in BF2, without increasing the number of textures..

Texture placing system in OFP allow us just to use squares with textures, so we must follow this system & make repeating transitions like in original. To have more different forms of transitions to have impression of reality, you must make more textures...But we can't do 1gb or more addon just for 1 island

Hello, this modified maplooks awesome but.........

Will the 2048 X 2048 run smoothly on my pc

amd athlonXP 3200

1024 400mhz ddr ram

ati radeon 9800pro 128mb

or should I wait for the 1024 X 1024 pack???

Thankyou

P.s look forward to the Kolgujev and everon pack tounge2.gif

i tried the retextured Malden, but i got 0.5 FPS !!!

What could be possibly wrong?

I have an Athlon 3200+, GF 6800 (128MB VRAM), and 1GB RAM.

Also - i know NOTHING about island textures and such, but why is the PBO so big?

Textures for single island, and its over 500 MB huh.gif

toten_waffe

Yeah should run perfectly with your system, its the same as Symbiot config! wink_o.gif

5133p39

wow_o.gif

Well there should be a problem somewhere, it should run fine on your system...

And for texture size... well, 2048*2048 textures are 256 times bigger than 128*128 so our texture pack is 256 times bigger than original one... (not exactly because some textures in the original pack are not used by OFP so we haven't replaced them)

Excellent work, a bit demanding perhaps. smile_o.gif

But please don't suggest that people replace original Malden. It gives us multiplayer players headaches when they try to play with the modified islands online later. smile_o.gif

Not that I think anyone will try to play online with this monster. It's for the times when you want to watch the pretty textures. smile_o.gif

But please don't suggest that people replace original Malden. It gives us multiplayer players headaches when they try to play with the modified islands online later. smile_o.gif

The PBO will "replace" ONLY the textures, the island will stay the same. No objects modified, etc.

The PBO contains ONLY textures.

Great malden Island! Also didn;t notice any FPS iht, got same as i had on original malden

fantastic textures, great work!

the island works also great on my notebook without performance hit.

(Intel® Pentium® M Processor 760 2.0 Ghz, 1GB RAM, ATI X300 64MB)

As it works for me too now (i had to replace the Abel.wrp with the original), i can confirm that this textures looking great. Good work. thumbs-up.gif

Fantastic work.. i love this texteures smile_o.gif

I Have an Pentium4 2800mhz, ASUS 9600XT128ddr, 512ddr ram... my pc it works not bad biggrin_o.gif some slowing whistle.gif

wow massive difference in file size!

is there any noticeable difference betwee nthe 2 versions (this is before pictures btw wink_o.gif)

Wildo

i get some very weird problem i followed the mod folder installation did it right

i load up ofp play a mission i was expecting to recieve soe lag 2.2GHZ and i opened up one of my own missions which is set near the airport i play no lag really easy to play

then i decide to play Hold Malden from the CWC campaign when i press play i start running and i get so much lag it looks like the textures are ebing loaded since everything is kind of blury then things slowly slowly come normal again but not properly and im encountering so much lag so i exit

my own mission i played has a lot more units tanks and other things on the map so overall that mission is laggyer with normal ofp then Hold Malden but the otehr way round with this island pack

then i played a small mission very very few men about 20 men over all on the map not anks or armour and i got worse lag ever

i had all memeory hogging programs closed but still no difference

anyone experience this ?

i get some very weird problem i followed the mod folder installation did it right

i load up ofp play a mission i was expecting to recieve soe lag 2.2GHZ and i opened up one of my own missions which is set near the airport i play no lag really easy to play

then i decide to play Hold Malden from the CWC campaign when i press play i start running and i get so much lag it looks like the textures are ebing loaded since everything is kind of blury then things slowly slowly come normal again but not properly and im encountering so much lag so i exit

my own mission i played has a lot more units tanks and other things on the map so overall that mission is laggyer with normal ofp then Hold Malden but the otehr way round with this island pack

then i played a small mission very very few men about 20 men over all on the map not anks or armour and i got worse lag ever

i had all memeory hogging programs closed but still no difference

anyone experience this ?

i experienced something like this. I just placed AH1, player as pilot, starting in air, and started the "mission", and i got less than 1 FPS.

And the last time when i was trying it, it was like you described - first i got 1 FPS, then after a while (could be few minutes, maybe) it started to be better until i got my usual 60FPS (i have the Sync turned on so the FPS never goes above 60), but when i tried to move i experienced occasional 1-2sec LAGs - it was like 15sec of smooth running, then 1-2sec LAG, then again 15-20sec everything smooth, and so on.

I am using viewdistance 1500m, and i have Athlon XP 3200+, 1GB RAM, GF6800 128 VRAM

but when i tried to move i experienced occasional 1-2sec LAGs - it was like 15sec of smooth running, then 1-2sec LAG, then again 15-20sec everything smooth, and so on.

I am using viewdistance 1500m, and i have Athlon XP 3200+, 1GB RAM, GF6800 128 VRAM

Sounds like texture swapping :P (your video card has not got enough VRAM)

when will the 1024x1024 texture addon be released since i think my comp will handle that a bit better

i know its uploaded just not released