Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

The 'cross hair' you guys are referring to I think is called a 'reticule' in the gaming world! Usually it can be disabled in options in most games.  wink_o.gif

I find it quite a useful aid in fps games as it helps you determine where your gun is pointing or where your centre of focus is supposed to be (thus 'reticule' of the eye). In real life you would have other cues to help you determine this such as a much wider field of view and the automatic focus of the eye. It is just an aid to help bridge the gap between the three dimensional real world and the restrictions imposed by the two dimensional tunnel view of a pc monitor.  tounge2.gif

Having it enabled doesn't mean your a noob any more than turning it off means your a realist! And I agree that the original BIS reticule was quite well thought out and probably should be kept as the reticule of preference IMO.   whistle.gif

The 'cross hair' you guys are referring to I think is called a 'reticule' in the gaming world! Usually it can be disabled in options in most games.  wink_o.gif

I find it quite a useful aid in fps games as it helps you determine where your gun is pointing or where your centre of focus is supposed to be (thus 'reticule' of the eye). In real life you would have other cues to help you determine this such as a much wider field of view and the automatic focus of the eye. It is just an aid to help bridge the gap between the three dimensional real world and the restrictions imposed by the two dimensional tunnel view of a pc monitor.  tounge2.gif

Having it enabled doesn't mean your a noob any more than turning it off means your a realist! And I agree that the original BIS reticule was quite well thought out and probably should be kept as the reticule of preference IMO.   whistle.gif

That's exactly right.

It was planned to take the reticule out of the first view in order to force people to use exclusively the Ironsights for more realism, but thought that carrying that out might go against people who're accustomed to play with BIS reticules, so implementing a smaller one quite hard to use during long/middle range combats seemed to me the best solution in order to satisfie both sides.

We can't please everyone with the detriment of others, though.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

It was planned to take the reticule out of the first view in order to force people to use exclusively the Ironsights for more realism, but thought that carrying that out might go against people who're accustomed to play with BIS reticules, so implementing a smaller one quite hard to use during long/middle range combats seemed to me the best solution in order to satisfie both sides.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

But people who don't want to use the reticule can simply turn it off in their options confused_o.gif

People who want to use the reticule are now forced to use a reticule which (in my case and a few other cases) they do not like, or prefer the BIS one.

The only people who are losing out here are the ones who want to use the reticule, seeing as those against can simply turn it off, so this "satisfying both sides" argument doesn't stand confused_o.gif

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

But people who don't want to use the reticule can simply turn it off in their options  confused_o.gif

People who want to use the reticule are now forced to use a reticule which (in my case and a few other cases) they do not like, or prefer the BIS one.

The only people who are losing out here are the ones who want to use the reticule, seeing as those against can simply turn it off, so this "satisfying both sides" argument doesn't stand  confused_o.gif

just about to say the same thing  sad_o.gif

it doesnt help when you are shooting the hole xhair moves which then makes you point your gun down and when it sabilises your shooting at the floor and then die.. i dont like it at all and i think it looks wierd, but i cant play without a x-hair on my screen lol.. although i like using iron sights i also like to have a proper x-hair (bis style)

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

But people who don't want to use the reticule can simply turn it off in their options  confused_o.gif

The only people who are losing out here are the ones who want to use the reticule, seeing as those against can simply turn it off, so this "satisfying both sides" argument doesn't stand  confused_o.gif

just about to say the same thing  sad_o.gif

i can just support that

And for MP: Clans/Squads who do not wish to use the reticule can simply turn off crosshairs in the server config file.

on the note of crosshairs/reticles why not just use a circled dot that way you can aim roughly using the larger circle then more prcisely with the small one.

just an idea;) wink_o.gif

*idea probably wont even get a thought*

on the note of crosshairs/reticles why not just use a circled dot that way you can aim roughly using the larger circle then more prcisely with the small one.

just an idea;) wink_o.gif

*idea probably wont even get a thought*

I like that idea smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Have the large circle remain static, and the dot in the middle move to represent the aiming point

FFUR is great but one thing that could use some improvement is the menu and interface I don't know what you've changed for FFUR 2006 but right know it looks kinda messy, green letter on green background, images going thru text. The notebook and compass take to much space imo. =) That are the only things I noticed. Can't wait for some MP support. smile_o.gif

About the crosshairs, reticules, xhairs ... In OFP Difficulty Settings you can disable or enable WEAPON CROSSHAIR. wink_o.gif

You're ... you're all ... you're all bunch of spoiled breats! tounge2.gif

*sigh* Alright, you can have your crosshair, reticule, xhair ...

The crew is looking good - but is there any reason you're sticking with the 1985 model? It's just those "shoulder-pad"/double-protection bits are throwbacks from the old PASGT/ALICE system - in the modern system you should be able to see the BDU vest continue over and around the shoulders, like in those pics I posted. I can see the bit I'm talking about on your pics, but they are then covered by them "shoulder-pads" on the shoulders.

May I recommend you copy the collar model (but not the shoulders) from the 1985 model and stick it on the 2003 model, so you have the collar, but no shoulderpads.

FFUR is great but one thing that could use some improvement is the menu and interface I don't know what you've changed for FFUR 2006 but right know it looks kinda messy, green letter on green background, images going thru text. The notebook and compass take to much space imo. =) That are the only things I noticed. Can't wait for some MP support.  smile_o.gif

I think TB already fixed that! There is a screeny somewhere several (hundred!wink_o.gif pages back!   biggrin_o.gif

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]seeing as those against can simply turn it off

Indeed, totally forgotten, 'put back OFP reticule for firearms then. :-)

Quote[/b] ]on the note of crosshairs/reticles why not just use a circled dot that way you can aim roughly using the larger circle then more prcisely with the small one.

This has been especially done for Rocket launchers/ heavy MGs/ missiles and for MBTs/APCs cannons.

Quote[/b] ]"shoulder-pad"/double-protection bits are throwbacks from the old PASGT/ALICE system - in the modern system you should be able to see the BDU vest continue over and around the shoulders

Heh, what a detail-maniac ;-)

crew4ka.jpg

Quote[/b] ]FFUR is great but one thing that could use some improvement is the menu and interface I don't know what you've changed for FFUR 2006 but right know it looks kinda messy

This has been enhanced a lot since.

Regards

Thunderbird84

I have a question about the aimations which would be included in the upcoming pack. Will you use the new "DMA Leaning Animation" or still the old enhanced animations by Locke?

Hope the question wasn't answered befor whistle.gif

With best regards xmas_o.gif

I just want to lety you know that your sentence "OFP will hit you hard again" has never been so true.

With your FFUR mod, I feel like 5 years ago when I got the first OFP box in my hands.

Even with the FFUR 2005 that is supposed to not MP compatible, we are playing daily MP games having great fun.

lo, we even added some of the new avalaivle add ons like the new Mi-8 and it just work great.

I wish this one would be the one incorporated on your 2006 release.

We are missing by the way some transport plane, since I have seen you use some CLSA models, would it be possible to use their excellent Let 410 transport airplane?

It would just be great.

Anyway just let me thank you for the EXCELLENT work you are doing. Your contribution to the OFP comunity is really impressive!! welcome.gif

Hi TB and Team...

Your work is REALLY REALLY REALLY great and

i must say i love you all inlove.gif

Can you give us some Infos about the progress

or the releas... something like... "maybe" this weekend

or middel of the next weak or something like this?

Best Regards

BlackBurn

Still TESTING, FIXING, ADDING and IMPROVING wink_o.gif

Homer-03-june.gif

It shouldn't take too LONG whistle.gif but we can only say WHEN IT'S DONE and UPLOADED (uploading takes SOME time too).

benus

TB showed some screens of these anims ... here is one in motion:

anim.gif

there are more new anims but you will see them when the apck is ready smile_o.gif

Is this BloodSplash worthy to replace the old one wink_o.gif I think yes

Blood.jpg

hm Ketchup ... need to eat something.

-

@action man

no more lag then before ... they just replace the old texture ... they look better but are 28kb smaller wink_o.gif

Is this BloodSplash worthy to replace the old one wink_o.gif I think yes

[im]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/hansen/Blood.jpg[/img]

hm Ketchup ... need to eat something.

-

@action man

no more lag then before ... they just replace the old texture ... they look better but are 28kb smaller wink_o.gif

Mmmm...JAM

yay.gif

Looking good. As good as a splat of haemoglobin can look biggrin_o.gif